I fought against the Terraria wiki and lived.

#1 Edited by MrCandleguy (822 posts) -

In the wiki it says the following:   
 The player will instantly be slain if they try to summon a second Eye of Cthulhu while one is already attacking him/her
 
 but look at the screenshot below: 
 

 My big FU to the Terraria wiki
After this epic fight I walked about with 33 Demontie ores and a epic tale of epicness. 
So my follow GB Terraines, Go fight  your epic tales of epicness! 
(also I somehow summoned two of the with one eye ball. so don't ask me how. I think it is a bug) 
Im also not the dude with the purple phaseblade, im to the left a little it makes me look like I have a green arm. Its really gold.
#2 Posted by SSully (4125 posts) -

Well done sir.  
 
Me and one of my friends were spelunking for some raw materials and randomly a Eye of Cthulhu attacked us, without us spawning it, and fucked us over. Lets just say we did not have an epic tale of epicness like yourself. 

#3 Posted by MrCandleguy (822 posts) -
@SSully: Yea, he can randomly come along after you have destroyed a shadow orb. I have broken three orbs but still not creepy eye dude.
#4 Posted by SSully (4125 posts) -
@AmonHouston: How difficult is one to fight?? When me and my buddy encountered one we both were sporting bronze armor, gold bows, and that is about it. I feel like even if we were on the surface with room to maneuver we would have had our cookies tossed. 
#5 Posted by Inf225 (503 posts) -

Wow impressive, the bosses in this game are tough enough, i don't think id survive two at once.

#6 Posted by MrCandleguy (822 posts) -
@SSully said:
@AmonHouston: How difficult is one to fight?? When me and my buddy encountered one we both were sporting bronze armor, gold bows, and that is about it. I feel like even if we were on the surface with room to maneuver we would have had our cookies tossed. 
When i fought the two I have Gold chest Armour, Meteorite helmet, Red phase blade, Iron pants.  A fuck load of potions. about 220 Health. 
my mate had: copper helmet and pants, Purple phase blade 260 health and a fuck load of potions. he died like 4 times. 
While i died zero times. But that layout you see above was super important to beating them. 
@Inf225
Well this info should help you in your future epicness. 
#7 Posted by Getz (2989 posts) -

If you summon him with the eye after the game tells you "an evil force is watching you", you'll get two at the same time. You just can't summon him while another is attacking you. Same thing happened to me and my buddy the other day. It might be a glitch; it's certainly a lot to handle especially for low-level characters. Just wait till you can buy the minigun though; this guy's a fucking cake-walk after that.

#8 Posted by MrCandleguy (822 posts) -
@Getz said:
If you summon him with the eye after the game tells you "an evil force is watching you", you'll get two at the same time. You just can't summon him while another is attacking you. Same thing happened to me and my buddy the other day. It might be a glitch; it's certainly a lot to handle especially for low-level characters. Just wait till you can buy the minigun though; this guy's a fucking cake-walk after that.
Did you summon two with one eye as well?  That Minishark is 50 gold coins, thats way to much for me atm. 
#9 Posted by Getz (2989 posts) -
@AmonHouston: yeah, it was just after we'd broken a few shadow orbs and we used the eye, got one, then a minute later another showed up and we were like "fuuuuuuuuuuck" Needless to say, they fucked us up badly because we were still wearing copper armor and chucking store-bought shurikens at them. And that 50 gold comes quicker than you'd think; just make sure to sell all your unused ore and gems.
#10 Posted by BombKareshi (996 posts) -

Why would anyone write something like that in a wiki anyway? It's so unencyclopedic.

#11 Edited by JP_Russell (1171 posts) -
@AmonHouston said:



                    @SSully: Yea, he can randomly come along after you have destroyed a shadow orb. I have broken three orbs but still not creepy eye dude.

                   

               


He can also show up randomly for another reason that's not yet known definitively as far as I can tell, but it's suspected to be from killing enough demon eyes.  I, myself, encountered him without having summoned him and without having even seen a shadow orb yet.  But I did kill a crapload of demon eyes during a blood moon a few nights previously.
#12 Posted by MuttersomeTaxicab (667 posts) -

I still haven't had a meteor crash :( I really want a phaseblade, though.
#13 Posted by MrCandleguy (822 posts) -
@JP_Russell: Woah really? I've had 4 blood moons, and he hasn't spawned. Thats pretty creepy because I have 6 NPC's living in my house and I prefer them non-dead. 
@MuttersomeTaxicab
said:
I still haven't had a meteor crash :( I really want a phaseblade, though.
Destroy a shadow orb usually a meteor falls not so long after that =]
#14 Posted by JP_Russell (1171 posts) -
@AmonHouston said:


                    @JP_Russell: Woah really? I've had 4 blood moons, and he hasn't spawned. Thats pretty creepy because I have 6 NPC's living in my house and I prefer them non-dead. 


                    

               


Yeah, as a result of him showing up unexpectedly, I really wasn't prepared for him.  I fought him with an enchanted boomerang (literally my best weapon) all night and ended up drinking like 20 potions to stay alive, but it didn't damage him fast enough and day broke with him at just under 1000 health.  So when he spawned again the next night, I just let him kill me near my house to make him go away.  He hasn't come back again yet, but I don't know if dying to him makes him go away permanently until you trigger him again.  Could be I just had a lucky night of peace.  I guess I should buy a ton of shurikens just in case - I can spam those, so they should deal damage more quickly than the boomerang.
#15 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@AmonHouston said:
In the wiki it says the following:   
 The player will instantly be slain if they try to summon a second Eye of Cthulhu while one is already attacking him/her
 
 but look at the screenshot below: 
 
 My big FU to the Terraria wiki
After this epic fight I walked about with 33 Demontie ores and a epic tale of epicness. So my follow GB Terraines, Go fight  your epic tales of epicness! (also I somehow summoned two of the with one eye ball. so don't ask me how. I think it is a bug) Im also not the dude with the purple phaseblade, im to the left a little it makes me look like I have a green arm. Its really gold.
Then this might not count. If you summoned two with one eye ball thats a bug. So still the wiki might be correct 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.