Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Terraria

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 16, 2011

The first major 2D entry into the world of "open world" sandbox action-adventure games, Terraria is inspired by 16-bit platformers and allows players to mine for ores, craft new equipment, and fight monstrous bosses in a large procedurally-generated world.

I have grown bored of this game, please make me interested again!

Louse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Louse

I hate that I am not loving this game like I was before.

Suggest something cool for me to build/do. Hopefully putting the spark back into the game for me! :D

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#2  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Play a different game.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By htr10

I have hidden the antidote within your version of the game. The antidote to what you ask? Well that, sir, is for you to find out. Enjoy.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I think that if you're done, you're done, but you might wanna try one of those challenge maps from the forums?
    Sods over there make a plentora of maps with all sorts of challenges...

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By McShank

Play mineCraft. The 3d version that was out before Terraria and has a shit ton more to do now since patch 1.8 just came out this mornng.

Louse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Louse

@ArbitraryWater said:

Play a different game.

If you can suggest a free (good) game that I have not yet become bored with, I'd thank you for the suggestion. Currently, I can not find anything.

@McShank said:

Play mineCraft. The 3d version that was out before Terraria and has a shit ton more to do now since patch 1.8 just came out this mornng.

I am actually taking a break from Minecraft for a while. I looked at 1.8, but other than the larger biomes I see little that it has to offer. A server I used to play on is going to make a new 1.8 map, I may play then. But I'll likely wait for an update that introduces more content. The new biomes are cool, but they just don't allow for much more gameplay.

Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Sitoxity

@McShank: You do realize Minecraft and Terraria are nothing a like? Or are you just trolling?

@Louse: When was the last time you actually played? They've updated it pretty regularly and have added a bunch more stuff. Chests now need keys, bosses have been tweaked, a bunch more items (useful and decorative) keep getting added. Werewolves are being implemented. They're still constantly getting more interesting stuff.

There's even a hardcore mode where dying deletes your character. (Other difficulty settings too).

Louse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Louse

@Sitoxity said:

@McShank: You do realize Minecraft and Terraria are nothing a like? Or are you just trolling?

@Louse: When was the last time you actually played? They've updated it pretty regularly and have added a bunch more stuff. Chests now need keys, bosses have been tweaked, a bunch more items (useful and decorative) keep getting added. Werewolves are being implemented. They're still constantly getting more interesting stuff.

There's even a hardcore mode where dying deletes your character. (Other difficulty settings too).

I've been playing each update as it comes out. While I have been very pleased with the updates, both in frequency and in content, they don't really add THAT much gameplay in terms of hour-age. Each update I go and do all the new stuff, netting me ~2-3 hours of play. There's only so many times you (well, I) can murder skeletron before it gets old. I only glanced at it, but I got the impression that the werewolf was just costume (forgot the correct term) items. If I am wrong, and it is a creature... again, nifty, but not really netting much new gameplay.

And I don't like the idea of hardcore, it just feels lame to me. I would want hardcore to just simply be much harder, not delete my character.

In agreement with your statement to McShank, I never understood people comparing Minecraft to Terraria. I have played both with enough hours to become bored of them. They are both great games, but as far as gameplay goes they have little to do with each other. It seems weird to me, as I have heard people go as far as to say Terraria is a "rip off" of Minecraft. I never saw Terraria and Minecraft as being anymore alike than Gradius and Grand Theft Auto. Sure they have a few vague concept that are the same, but on the level of gameplay there isn't a lot they share in common.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.