I'm so glad I didn't buy this game this morning.

#1 Posted by desolation15 (113 posts) -

I was *this* close of purchasing Terraria this morning but decided against it because I thought 10 bucks was a bit high for an indie game. Especially when indie titles go on sale all the freaking time. So I figured I'll be a cheapskate, bide my time and wait until it goes on sale.

Went out for lunch, stalked a girl for a little bit, and went to the gym.

Got home thirty minutes ago and what do you know, Midweek Madness, 50% off Terraria on steam. And a there's new patch with a bunch of content.

I am so glad I didn't pay that extra fiver this morning. To think I was almost became a Terraria ambassador. I would've been pissed. Anyways, I'm stoked! Lunch is on Terraria tomorrow!

#2 Posted by alternate (2682 posts) -

a whole five bucks, life changing.

#3 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Good purchase, it's an excellent game.  The four pack is also only $15 right now for anyone interested.

#4 Posted by punpun (232 posts) -

Okay

#5 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1735 posts) -

I got it when it was $2.50.

#6 Posted by punpun (232 posts) -
@SoldierG654342 said:
Interesting
#7 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1735 posts) -
@punpun said:
@SoldierG654342 said:
Interesting
I though you would think so. 
#8 Posted by desolation15 (113 posts) -
@alternate said:
a whole five bucks, life changing.
Hey, not everyone gets paid a hundred dollars for washing limos. Yeah, it's not an epic winfall, just something that brightened up my day, You jerk.
#9 Posted by elcalavera (341 posts) -

Does anyone know or think that it'll be available to Mac users at some point in time? Quite tempted to be honest.

#10 Posted by jozzy (2041 posts) -

@desolation15 said:

...stalked a girl for a little bit, ...

Screw the five dollar story, you did what?!

#11 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -
@elcalavera said:
Does anyone know or think that it'll be available to Mac users at some point in time? Quite tempted to be honest.
I don't think they have announced any plans to do so yet.  I think there are ways to get it to run on a Mac, but I'm not sure how legal they are or if they even work well. 

@jozzy said:

@desolation15 said:

...stalked a girl for a little bit, ...

Screw the five dollar story, you did what?!

Weird, I didn't pick up on that when i read the OP....
#12 Posted by Kinarion (378 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse: If you watch carefully, there's a guy in a bear suit.

#13 Posted by CosmicQueso (569 posts) -

Perhaps you should be less excited for the $5 then you are concerned that you're stalking some chick.

Stop stalking, go play the game you saved an ungodly amount of money on. BTW... and tips for the US govt? They could use an incredible, life-changing windfall such as that you experienced today.

#14 Posted by desolation15 (113 posts) -
@CosmicQueso said:

Perhaps you should be less excited for the $5 then you are concerned that you're stalking some chick.

Stop stalking, go play the game you saved an ungodly amount of money on. BTW... and tips for the US govt? They could use an incredible, life-changing windfall such as that you experienced today.

Focus less on the bad set-up and more on my amazing monies saving ways!!!

Tips for the US govt? Well... I saved 5 dollars by buying Terraria. So Congress could buy 2 hundred million copies of the game and they'll save a billion dollars! That or Congress should stop being ass-slaves to lobbyist and corporations. But until Tea-party/fringe retards wise up to being played, it's business as usual.
#15 Posted by CosmicQueso (569 posts) -

Now THAT is some forward thinking! Well done, sir.

#16 Posted by DillonWerner (1522 posts) -

Yay 5 bucks! go buy a soda.

#17 Posted by BeachThunder (11689 posts) -

Thanks for the insight. 

Anyway, I'm just going to browse the forums for a bit, kick some babies in the face and then maybe have a shower.

#18 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2682 posts) -

You still wasted $5.

#19 Posted by bbrcher (67 posts) -

@elcalavera: http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/terraria-mac-wrapper.15236/

That wrapper works quite well. Go for it and have fun.

#20 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

5 Bucks!?! That's, like, almost million bucks! But not quite...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.