So I bought Terraria....

#1 Posted by TheRookie727 (57 posts) -

is there any tips you guys can give me, when I start playing? Thanks!

#2 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -
#3 Posted by Chet_Rippo (233 posts) -

or download game ranger, it's basically the same thing.

#4 Edited by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -
  • Explore.
  • Chop/Dig with the axe/pickaxe and collect wood/ore.  
  • Craft a workbench (get wood and click on it in the inventory screen to see the recipes at the bottom).  
  • Craft more things to craft other things out of by standing near the workbench.  
  • Craft better things (equipment and tools to explore further and collect more stuff for crafting).  
  • Beat Bosses (you'll come across how, or craft something that summons one).
#5 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2224 posts) -

Build a house as soon as possible so the nighttime creatures dont rape you

#6 Posted by TheHT (10888 posts) -

grappling hook and mining helmet are game changers.

#7 Posted by kashif1 (1428 posts) -

Get friends, the bosses are impossible alone.

#8 Posted by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -
@kashif1 said:

I haven't played since the recent update where they added a bunch of bosses, but I could beat every one I encountered solo when I had my 77 hours with it last year.
#9 Posted by Nephrahim (1119 posts) -

The first two bosses I tottaly soloed, but that was back when you could use infinite pots.

Still, I don't like playing multiplayer that much. It's fun for a change every once in a while, but I like achiveing things solo.

#10 Edited by living4theday258 (678 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:

@kashif1 said:

I haven't played since the recent update where they added a bunch of bosses, but I could beat every one I encountered solo when I had my 77 hours with it last year.

hehe try this guy alone.

EDIT: well the wiki says its the easiest of the hard-mode bosses but it kicks my ass every time where as skeletron and the twins don't.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.