Steam Summer Sale

#1 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1133 posts) -

Is this game worth £1.49? 
Because that's how much it costs at the moment!

#2 Posted by OtakuGamer (1288 posts) -

You got friends? Download that shit, now.
No friends? Download that shit, now.

The thing is, I’m kinda pissed off that I brought 4 copies of this game 2 days before the sale.

#3 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -

Yes, it's worth it, either just to get it for yourself or for three friends you could try to rope into playing with you as well. Anyway, buy it already.

#4 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1133 posts) -
@OtakuGamer: Thanks, I bought it anyway because it looks like a more fun version of Minecraft. Plus it was only 1.49.
#5 Posted by HatKing (6114 posts) -

God damn it.  I wish I never bought it.  That is, until now. 

Steam, you filthy whore.  I'm never buying anything not on sale again.

#6 Posted by IkariNoTekken (987 posts) -
@OtakuGamer: Unlucky, I made a similar mistake. I bought it yesterday, for more than twice its price now. Damn!!!

@TEHMAXXORZ
: ...And yes, its worth it. Think of it as Minecraft meets classic 2d Castlevania. I haven't played much so far, I am currently in a depressed state - recovering over my decision to buy this game one day before its 75% off sale   :(  
#7 Posted by A_Damn_Tool (19 posts) -

This is the only time of year that I buy anything on Steam. Terraria is the sixth game I've bought since the sale started and I've yet to break the $3 mark on any of my purchases. 

Of course if I had a PC capable of running anything then it might be a different story, but for now my laptop and I are quite happy.

#8 Posted by Arceion (215 posts) -

So i just got this game 75% off came to 2.49. i reload the page and now its only 50% off lol. I got lucky saved a few $$$$

#9 Posted by Hero_Swe (1205 posts) -

Wow, fuck you steam. I went to checkout when it was 2.49 and it switched to 4.99. There goes another potential customer.
#10 Posted by mnzy (2925 posts) -

How is this game if you play it offline? I need some laptop games for when I don't have Internet access.

#11 Posted by Gav47 (1542 posts) -
@Hero_Swe said:
Wow, fuck you steam. I went to checkout when it was 2.49 and it switched to 4.99. There goes another potential customer.
It's still worth it.
#12 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@mnzy said:
How is this game if you play it offline? I need some laptop games for when I don't have Internet access.
Still great alone. Loads of fun. 
#13 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

They changed the price already. From 75% off to 50% off. Dammit. I was gonna get the 4 pack for $7.49. Guess I won't play Terraria until next time.

#14 Posted by Hero_Swe (1205 posts) -
@Gav47 said:

@Hero_Swe said:

It's still worth it.

Worth it, if I had the money. I did, now I don't thanks to Steam.
#15 Posted by Duffman (208 posts) -
@Hero_Swe said:
@Gav47 said:

@Hero_Swe said:

It's still worth it.

Really?  You didn't have an extra $2.50?  I picked it up when it was 50% off, and it was the best $5 I've ever spent on video games.
#16 Posted by Hero_Swe (1205 posts) -
@Duffman said:

@Hero_Swe said:

@Gav47 said:

@Hero_Swe said:

It's still worth it.

Really?  You didn't have an extra $2.50?  I picked it up when it was 50% off, and it was the best $5 I've ever spent on video games.

Necro, and no.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.