Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Terraria

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 16, 2011

The first major 2D entry into the world of "open world" sandbox action-adventure games, Terraria is inspired by 16-bit platformers and allows players to mine for ores, craft new equipment, and fight monstrous bosses in a large procedurally-generated world.

Terraria has convinced me I never had fun in Minecraft

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

So I don't have a lot of time to write this because I need to go play more Terraria so let's just get this shit done up front.

Minecraft is fucking boring.

I mean, I like it. It's not a bad game, it's just boring. The only real excitement I ever got out of it was building the one thing, being happy with that, and then causing rampant destruction with complete disregard for those around me. 

I set the whole island on fire.
    No Caption Provided

But, that isn't really fun.

Or at the very least, it stops being fun when everyone else notices that everything is on fire and you have to deal with the consequences of that.

Terraria is fun though, and I'll tell you why. Terraria actually feels like a game. I'm not saying Minecraft isn't a game, that would be stupid, but it sure doesn't feel like game.

And that's probably because it was never really designed as game.

Now I'll admit, I never followed the development of Minecraft that closely, but I did pay attention. I was in pretty far back before Beta, when the water still flowed forever and all the servers had infinite resources. I remember seeing the videos, reading some of the blogs. Minecraft was always something that was played, an interactive experience, but there was never really any objective to it all, it was pointless. It was just a world this Swedish guy had built, and there's was something kind of fun and exciting about having things just be that simple.

The motto of Minecraft has always been "Sure, whatever."

And before we go any farther, let me just say it outright. Terraria wouldn't exist without Minecraft, It just wouldn't. A world in which that happens does not exist. It borrows too many elements, too much of the core gameplay is nearly identical. You could try to make that argument, that Terraia is something completely, totally new and fuck me for even insinuating that the developer might have borrowed any ideas for this astonishingly bround greaking gift from god, but you're not gonna win that.

Terraria was built on the shoulders of Minecraft.

And that's not a bad thing, that's how development works. That's how invention works. That's also what makes Terraria so great.

They took Minecraft and turned it into a fucking game.

I'm not just mining to mine now, there's actually a purpose to it all. There's structure, it feels like you're actually accomplishing something.

The basic flow of a Minecraft session goes something like this: Mine to build, build to survive, survive to mine deeper, mine deeper to build stronger structures, build stronger structures to make survival easier. Throw in some wanton exploration and a little whim of wanting rarer items just, well, because why not, and you have what amounts to the entirety of all of the thousands of millions of hours ever spent in Minecraft.

Now of course there is create mode, which is the real bread and butter for some people, but you can only get so far with blocks. It's really impressive what some people turn out of this fairly simple process, but I do not have time nor desire to figure out how to build complex geometry using such basic tools or the technology to import pre-made models because that's just a dick move.

That's a dick move you people who do that. Except you Kinect video guy, you're okay.

But to get back to the point, Terraria just feels more like a game. The flow of Terraria goes something like this, and you'll notice some similarities here: Mine to build, build to survive, survive to mine deeper, mine deeper to get better equipment and build a larger home to attract NPCs, get better equipment and attract NPCs to fight bosses, fight bosses to get better equipment and access new areas, explore new areas to get better equipment.

When you write it out this way, it becomes apparent that this is much more than a Minecraft clone, it's a game that took the base the Minecraft laid out and built something much more complex and engaging on it. When you finally take down one of the huge, "I will fuck you over in 10 seconds flat" bosses that would have completely floored you just hours prior, it feels like an achievement. That's something tangible, that's something you can hold onto emotionally and remember. That is one of the moments that makes any game worth playing, a return on your investment. That's the pay off for time spent.

And that's just the one fucking part, it goes way deeper than that. You have to fulfill special requirements to get NPCs you can buy useful items from to come to your house, there's special events that will trigger randomly like Blood Moons and Goblin Invasions, there's tons of craftable recipies to take advantage of, secret areas to discover like floating islands and underground jungles, and then there's the loot.

Oh god, the fucking loot.

Terraria is the type of game that makes itself on its loot, this is why you fucking play, this is the real leg up it has on Minecraft. There are so few games with exciting loot, loot that actually lets you do cool things you couldn't do before or that actually increase the functionality of your character. The first time you break open a shadow orb and find a Ball-O'-Hurt or Orb of Light it's like fucking Christmas. 

I mean just look at some of this shit I have.

Enchanted Boomerang
     Enchanted Boomerang

Hookshot (Bionic Commando Arm)

A SWORD THAT SHOOTS FUCKING STARS

I'm not even that far into the game yet, and I am very excited to explore more of the world and find more crazy shit. If there is one flaw with Terraria, it's that there isn't nearly enough of it. I'm quite a few hours in, but I already know where the cap is. It's going to take me quite a while more to make it there, and by there I mean HELL, but knowing that end is there, and that I am quickly approaching it, is somewhat disheartening. My only hope is that the Redigit keeps churning out more content as time goes on and creates even more perilous lands for my chums and I to explore.

I'm of the mind that, given enough time grow, Terraria is a real threat to Minecraft.

Terraria is everything Minecraft could be, but Terraria is already here.

So yeah, I'd pay attention to Terraia if I were you. I'd also play it if I were you, but that's just me, and I'm not you.

But if I were you I'd play it, because it's really fucking fun.

And on that note, I have to go figure out how I'm going to murder this old man after his morphs into a giant mother fucking skeleton.

Author's Note:

Oh, and, just for shits and giggles, if you want a cool server to play on I totally know one.

YOU DON'T GET TO COME ON THE SERVER ANYMORE. YOU SHOULD HAVE BEHAVED.

You wish your house was this bitchin'. Also I have a light saber.

Additional Author's Note:

As I'm writing this, the patch notes for Minecraft 1.6 have been posted.

Fire no longer spread indefinitely

Fuck you Notch. Fuck. You.
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By LordXavierBritish

So I don't have a lot of time to write this because I need to go play more Terraria so let's just get this shit done up front.

Minecraft is fucking boring.

I mean, I like it. It's not a bad game, it's just boring. The only real excitement I ever got out of it was building the one thing, being happy with that, and then causing rampant destruction with complete disregard for those around me. 

I set the whole island on fire.
    No Caption Provided

Or at the very least, it stops being fun when everyone else notices that everything is on fire and you have to deal with the consequences of that.

Terraria is fun though, and I'll tell you why. Terraria actually feels like a game. I'm not saying Minecraft isn't a game, that would be stupid, but it sure doesn't feel like game.

And that's probably because it was never really designed as game.

Now I'll admit, I never followed the development of Minecraft that closely, but I did pay attention. I was in pretty far back before Beta, when the water still flowed forever and all the servers had infinite resources. I remember seeing the videos, reading some of the blogs. Minecraft was always something that was played, an interactive experience, but there was never really any objective to it all, it was pointless. It was just a world this Swedish guy had built, and there's was something kind of fun and exciting about having things just be that simple.

The motto of Minecraft has always been "Sure, whatever."

And before we go any farther, let me just say it outright. Terraria wouldn't exist without Minecraft, It just wouldn't. A world in which that happens does not exist. It borrows too many elements, too much of the core gameplay is nearly identical. You could try to make that argument, that Terraia is something completely, totally new and fuck me for even insinuating that the developer might have borrowed any ideas for this astonishingly bround greaking gift from god, but you're not gonna win that.

Terraria was built on the shoulders of Minecraft.

And that's not a bad thing, that's how development works. That's how invention works. That's also what makes Terraria so great.

They took Minecraft and turned it into a fucking game.

I'm not just mining to mine now, there's actually a purpose to it all. There's structure, it feels like you're actually accomplishing something.

The basic flow of a Minecraft session goes something like this: Mine to build, build to survive, survive to mine deeper, mine deeper to build stronger structures, build stronger structures to make survival easier. Throw in some wanton exploration and a little whim of wanting rarer items just, well, because why not, and you have what amounts to the entirety of all of the thousands of millions of hours ever spent in Minecraft.

Now of course there is create mode, which is the real bread and butter for some people, but you can only get so far with blocks. It's really impressive what some people turn out of this fairly simple process, but I do not have time nor desire to figure out how to build complex geometry using such basic tools or the technology to import pre-made models because that's just a dick move.

That's a dick move you people who do that. Except you Kinect video guy, you're okay.

But to get back to the point, Terraria just feels more like a game. The flow of Terraria goes something like this, and you'll notice some similarities here: Mine to build, build to survive, survive to mine deeper, mine deeper to get better equipment and build a larger home to attract NPCs, get better equipment and attract NPCs to fight bosses, fight bosses to get better equipment and access new areas, explore new areas to get better equipment.

When you write it out this way, it becomes apparent that this is much more than a Minecraft clone, it's a game that took the base the Minecraft laid out and built something much more complex and engaging on it. When you finally take down one of the huge, "I will fuck you over in 10 seconds flat" bosses that would have completely floored you just hours prior, it feels like an achievement. That's something tangible, that's something you can hold onto emotionally and remember. That is one of the moments that makes any game worth playing, a return on your investment. That's the pay off for time spent.

And that's just the one fucking part, it goes way deeper than that. You have to fulfill special requirements to get NPCs you can buy useful items from to come to your house, there's special events that will trigger randomly like Blood Moons and Goblin Invasions, there's tons of craftable recipies to take advantage of, secret areas to discover like floating islands and underground jungles, and then there's the loot.

Oh god, the fucking loot.

Terraria is the type of game that makes itself on its loot, this is why you fucking play, this is the real leg up it has on Minecraft. There are so few games with exciting loot, loot that actually lets you do cool things you couldn't do before or that actually increase the functionality of your character. The first time you break open a shadow orb and find a Ball-O'-Hurt or Orb of Light it's like fucking Christmas. 

I mean just look at some of this shit I have.

Enchanted Boomerang
     Enchanted Boomerang

I'm not even that far into the game yet, and I am very excited to explore more of the world and find more crazy shit. If there is one flaw with Terraria, it's that there isn't nearly enough of it. I'm quite a few hours in, but I already know where the cap is. It's going to take me quite a while more to make it there, and by there I mean HELL, but knowing that end is there, and that I am quickly approaching it, is somewhat disheartening. My only hope is that the Redigit keeps churning out more content as time goes on and creates even more perilous lands for my chums and I to explore.

I'm of the mind that, given enough time grow, Terraria is a real threat to Minecraft.

Terraria is everything Minecraft could be, but Terraria is already here.

So yeah, I'd pay attention to Terraia if I were you. I'd also play it if I were you, but that's just me, and I'm not you.

But if I were you I'd play it, because it's really fucking fun.

And on that note, I have to go figure out how I'm going to murder this old man after his morphs into a giant mother fucking skeleton.

Author's Note:

Oh, and, just for shits and giggles, if you want a cool server to play on I totally know one.

YOU DON'T GET TO COME ON THE SERVER ANYMORE. YOU SHOULD HAVE BEHAVED.

Additional Author's Note:

As I'm writing this, the patch notes for Minecraft 1.6 have been posted.

Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
    deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I actually found Terraria extremely boring, and Minecraft constantly fun. :T

LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LordXavierBritish
    @allworkandlowpay said:
    Did you fight Cthulu's Eye?

This is key.
    49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By 49th

Hahaha, that blog was awesome. Really entertaining and I completely agree. Terraria is just so much fun compared to minecraft for me.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By JoeyRavn

I like both. I prefer Minecraft. You don't like Minecraft, you like Terraria.

Everybody happy.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I find both Terraria and Minecraft dull...wonder why?

Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
    deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LordXavierBritish:  

Yes I did. My friend got the four pack on steam for us and the boys. We hammered through the game, played it for a few days straight -- got bored and went back to our server on minecraft. 200+ people, light rping, nations, mods, mmo elements, faction wars. Minecraft vanilla will hold your attention for awhile, but the online community is where it shines.
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LordXavierBritish
    @allworkandlowpay: That just sounds like EVE Online but not as good and requiring a lot of effort and the honor system. 

Sounds really interesting though, I had a friend propose something like that once but we didn't have nearly enough people to pull it off.

But to keep this on topic, I think that is kind of unfair. Terraria is a game that just hit mass market, it is still building an audience. With all the crazy weapons and powerupers, and the potential for the game to expand in any direction the community and developers see fit, I think the future prospects of Terraria are really exciting.

I went on the forums today and already saw people building custom dungeon maps to explore using the in-game tools and then uploading them for people to download. That's a really creative use of the game I certainly wouldn't have though of, and if the developer chooses to build off of something like that there is no telling where it could go.

I suspect the Terraria we see now could be an entirely different game six months down the line.
    Vision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Vision

I'm on right now, making a tunnel to hell.

EDIT: Tunnel to hell is complete with safe landing. I got you guys a hellforge aswell.

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Akrid

I've said this like 5 times on this site already, but I'll say it again: I'm really loving Terraria.  

The only problem is that it's nearly over! I've explored all the environments, got at least 75% of the items, and I'm just about ready to make my trip back down to Hell. I really hope they keep updating in meaningful ways, but even if they do I'll probably be done with whatever they add in a couple hours or so after it's release.

Gunrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Gunrock

You guys saying that Terraria has an end is actually making me really want to buy it, that's something i really hated about Minecraft that there was no point, but seems like i can get a couple of friend and tackle this game and get my 10 dollars worth its making me exited. Oh and monsters and loot! =p

mbkish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By mbkish

Great article man, top notch. 
    I like both quite a bit for completely different reasons. They both have mining, building, and adventure aspects that are similar. The combat and exploration of Terraria is very similar to Castlevania, which is awesome. Minecraft's combat is fairly non-existent in comparison.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xyzygy

Terraria does look like fun but I can't say the same for Minecraft.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14  Edited By KaosAngel

At least Minecraft has OSX and Linux support.

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Buscemi

I just didn't find it interesting. I have a friend who plays it, but the rest of us just play Minecraft. Shit, if I'm going to build stuff, I might as well build it in 3D.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By chilibean_3

Great post!  It certainly makes me a bit more interested in the game.  More so than anything else I've seen.

Gunrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Gunrock
    @KaosAngel: That doesn't seem like feature that makes a game more or less fun. well maybe to people that couldn't be able to play it if they didn't have a pc but that's not either games fault.
    Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Synthballs
    @LordXavierBritish

Marry me. Not for your looks or money, buy for your opinion.
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Azteck

Didn't you create the thread about them hating fun and sucking and all that like a weak ago?

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By soldierg654342

I haven't played it yet, but the way this game moves looks really unappealing to me. I wish there was a demo. 

Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
    MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I'm not the most artistically-minded person, so when it came to Minecraft, I wasn't so into turning the monsters off and building sprawling lava castles. Online, I was always perpetually afraid that I was destroying someone else's masterwork.  

For me, the creepers and zombies were the impetus to mine. To craft better materials. To build a house. Taking a trip to the Nether is a cool concept, but I haven't seriously taken a swing at it. Especially because I'd like to do it with some friends and the Nether was (last I checked) still disabled in multiplayer. But again, the house I made was utilitarian. A roof over my head to keep the spiders, zombies and creepers at bay. I had no pretensions to creating some sprawling empire.

I still had fun, but the rewards of finding new ore, better stuff, deeper mines were always so sporadically paced that I was never compelled to really keep at it. 

The pacing of Terraria is way more my style. Yeah, I'm 20 hours in and most of that was spent mining, but it wasn't just the mindless pursuit of ore. I found artifacts. I attracted NPCs. I dug to hell and was swiftly punished for it. I built into the sky and found ready-made houses on floating islands, stocked with glorious treasure. I homed there to get away from that meddlesome, irritating guide, who I left in my original house, encased in obsidian, with a pile of rotted chunks at his feet.

I summoned the Eye of Cthulhu and was swiftly punished for my impertinence. I tried sneaking into the dungeon and was swiftly punished for that, too.  

I like that the world is more hostile. I like that there's a sense of danger, even though you don't drop your entire inventory when you die. I like that Terraria had floating islands before Minecraft even announced a sky dimension. I like that, even if I'm not into building some sexy castle, I still feel like I'm doing something "meaningful", even if it's just wandering a bit further to the left.
    Avatar image for redrocketwestie
    RedRocketWestie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By RedRocketWestie
    @Titus said:
    I just didn't find it interesting. I have a friend who plays it, but the rest of us just play Minecraft. Shit, if I'm going to build stuff, I might as well build it in 3D.
    This is how Terraria was introduced to me: Minecraft = creation. Terraria = exploration. Obviously, each has its place, and everyone is entitled to prefer one or the other. Minecraft has given players the open-ended tools to make a game they want, whereas Terraria has given you a world pre-loaded with traditional game elements, including a goal. I don't really have enough time to make Minecraft into an experience for myself, so I am very intrigued by Terraria doing some of the legwork up front for me.
    clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By clstirens
    @RedRocketWestie said:

@Titus said:

This is how Terraria was introduced to me: Minecraft = creation. Terraria = exploration. Obviously, each has its place, and everyone is entitled to prefer one or the other. Minecraft has given players the open-ended tools to make a game they want, whereas Terraria has given you a world pre-loaded with traditional game elements, including a goal. I don't really have enough time to make Minecraft into an experience for myself, so I am very intrigued by Terraria doing some of the legwork up front for me.
    Pretty much this. It's a shame, though, that minecraft has been relegated to mostly a creation tool (vanilla minecraft, I mean). Because notch had originally wanted to do many of the things that terraria actually accomplishes.

EDIT: That being said, I'm not implying minecraft is a bad game.
    csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By csl316

Fantastic insight.  The fucking star sword sold me.

Zaxex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#25  Edited By Zaxex

You've convinced me to buy this game and give it a try. I watched some Minecraft first-hand today and was surprised by how deep it was; so hearing that Terreria is more so really entices me to play it. Plus 2D just seems easier to keep track of and might take less effort lol.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#26  Edited By Brackynews

I fully expect to enjoy Terraria. I am seeing it as Minecraft + Faxanadu + Legacy of the Wizard. Which I'm very happy about.

@LordXavierBritish said:

I set the whole island on fire 

AMEN BROTHER. 
     They put up a memorial plaque in my honour. ...maybe
     They put up a memorial plaque in my honour. ...maybe "honour" is being generous...
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, for the record, I just got the best set of armor in the game as well as some of the best item drops in Hell.

I skipped the Underground Jungle, I'll probably go there next though, but all in all I'd say there is at least 40 hours of content if you just focus on exlporation and item acquirement.

I'm definitely going to keep playing though, I might build a few custom maps or check out some PvP servers while still hanging out on my friend's main server from time to time.

We need to kill Skeletron again anyway.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By McGhee

I have not played Minecraft, but I bought Terraria after watching the Quick Look. I just got done playing the game for three hours and I'm loving it. It has a few issues like a crappy resolution, no widescreen, and the combat could use a little polish. Hopefully this stuff will be addressed in updates or expansions.

ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ZimboDK

I bought Terraria a while ago, but haven't really played it that much. I basically took the Minecraft approach and started digging down in a random spot. Big mistake. After 2 hours of digging I had barely found anything worthwhile and had died a ton of times. Of course, that was my own fault, since I absolutely had to dig right next to the corruption (damn Devourer kept killing me). I pretty much abandoned the game after that.

So after a night of failed gaming (pretty much everything either crashed or lagged), I decided to give the game another go. It was 2am and I decided to play for about an hour and then go to bed. I changed my strategy a bit, and wanted to explore topside. After a few minutes of running I found a natural cave. Turns out it was pretty big. It took me about 10 minutes to get to the bottom of it, and I got a bit of ore along the way. I was just about ready to head out when I took out a torch and noticed the cave continued beyond a wall. So I kept digging... and 4 hours later I'm still finding new cave systems. I've found gold, copper, silver, emeralds, amethysts, underground mushrooms, several life crystals, boots that make me run faster and a ring that restores my health. And I still haven't reached the underworld yet. I'm really starting to enjoy the game now, and I'm just going to keep digging. I want to see hell.

Smokay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Smokay
    @LordXavierBritish:When I try to log on to the server I always get to 94% tile data and then nothing  halp
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By mikemcn

I've put about 10 hours into terraria, had some fun with it. 

I've put 200+ hours into Minecraft, still having fun with it. 

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#32  Edited By Crono

It's the difference between people that need rewards given to them and people that seek out their own rewards.

Taklulas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Taklulas
    @LordXavierBritish said:
    @allworkandlowpay said:
    Did you fight Cthulu's Eye?  This is key.
    Just beat that guy last night. Best boss fight in a while with friends.
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Crono said:
    It's the difference between people that need rewards given to them and people that seek out their own rewards.
    This is part of the PvP arena I am building for me and my friends to fight in.

No Caption Provided

Surprisingly enough, it is not a Skeletron drop. I, in fact, built it to take advantage of the combat mechanics Minecraft simply does not possess.

It doesn't hurt that finding rare loot from grinding monsters can be used in said combat either.
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By flaminghobo
    @KaosAngel said:
    At least Minecraft has OSX and Linux support.
    People who use Linux and OSX with gaming in mind are stupid. Plus, we're talking about which game is more fun... so how does platform affect that? 
    Cabbage_TheMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Cabbage_TheMan

And Minecraft wouldn't exist without Dwarf Fortress :)

LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Smokay said:
    @LordXavierBritish:When I try to log on to the server I always get to 94% tile data and then nothing  halp
    The server admin said the best you can do is restart the client and try again.

It isn't anything on his end and everyone else has been able to connect so far.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mikemcn
    @Cabbage_TheMan said:
    I don't see the similarities, granted, I don't have the slightest clue how to play Dwarf Fortress, last time I tried I was scared off, but they seem like very different games. 
    Cabbage_TheMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Cabbage_TheMan
    @Mikemcn said:
    @Cabbage_TheMan said:
    I don't see the similarities, granted, I don't have the slightest clue how to play Dwarf Fortress, last time I tried I was scared off, but they seem like very different games. 
    Oh, I was speaking more to the randomly generated world / exploration aspect.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mikemcn
    @Cabbage_TheMan said:
    @Mikemcn said:
    @Cabbage_TheMan said:
    Oh, I was speaking more to the randomly generated world / exploration aspect.
    I can see that then. I really should try Dwarf Fortress again sometime. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.