Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Terraria

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 16, 2011

The first major 2D entry into the world of "open world" sandbox action-adventure games, Terraria is inspired by 16-bit platformers and allows players to mine for ores, craft new equipment, and fight monstrous bosses in a large procedurally-generated world.

Why do the slimes not stop coming

slayergnome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By slayergnome

I wish there was some repel or something that would keep the slimes away so I can build...

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Sanity

There a pain at first but once you get good gear the green and blue ones will die in one or 2 hits.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Pinworm45

Yeah, they're slimy buggers.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @slayergnome said:
    I wish there was some repel or something that would keep the slimes away so I can build...
    Walls. Use walls. Also its a beta. Im sure they are gonna tweek setting and what not. 
    slayergnome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By slayergnome
    @The_Laughing_Man:  That is just crazy enough to work lol. Yea right now i have a wall that can only be jumped out of but still kinda annoying it would just be great if I wanted to cut down these trees and i could lay down something that would let me before the slimes overwhelmed me.
    InuorDie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By InuorDie

Early on the slimes can be a bit tough, but early on there's no punishment for death, once you craft a decent weapon and you start killing the little buggers, you start to realize their importance. You need smile gels to make lesser potions, and you need lesser potions to make normal potions, and potions are key for defeating bosses. You'll learn to appreciate them.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By onarum

Yeah that was the main reason why I didn't get it right when it came out, looking at the videos and seeing the constant non stop slimes spawning in day time seemed very annoying to me.

There should be a nest or something you can destroy that stops them from spawning in that general region for 2 ingame days or so.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sanity

They dont come around much at all for me now, from what i read every npc you get to come to your town causes the spawn rate around them to go down, but obviously slimes really aren't a problem by the time you get 4 or 5 nps's to stay.

caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By caityful

You'd think at least that they would simmer down in the corrupted areas... but alas they don't. Hopefully/ maybe they'll change this in a few updates.

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By MrCandleguy
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    @slayergnome said:
    Walls. Use walls. Also its a beta. Im sure they are gonna tweek setting and what not. 
    I don't think this game is in 'beta' you can't sell games on steam that ain't finished. I think its completed but will be heavy supported.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @AmonHouston said:
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    @slayergnome said:
    I don't think this game is in 'beta' you can't sell games on steam that ain't finished. I think its completed but will be heavy supported.
    Nope. They even stated the game was released a month early. 
    Metalman781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Metalman781

The game is like a big slime orgy.... not too sure if that is sexy or not, on second though it is

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.