Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

TerRover

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Sep 07, 2010

Pilot a Moon Patrol-like space buggy in this downloadable release from Sony Online Entertainment.

Worst Sound Effects Ever

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By YoungFrey

I tried the demo for TerRover this weekend.  It's cute and not a bad puzzle platformer.  But I can't think of a game with worse sound effects.  And I started in the 2600 era.  The relentless grinding of your vehicle is about as at odds with its cute design as possible.  It reminds me of a fork caught in a garbage disposal.  I could only tolerate it when it was muted.   

Just plain awful. 
    kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By kalmis

Shame to hear it is so f-ed up. Still want to check this though. Presentation looks sick

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By YoungFrey
    @kalmis:  
    It wasn't bad to play, but it would be wrong to think of it as Moon Patrol despite the similar looks.  It felt more like Trials HD with how precisely you had to control your angles to get over bumps.  I could have sworn Vinny and Ryan did a Quicklook, but it isn't here so I must have imagined it.  
    kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By kalmis
    @YoungFrey said:

" @kalmis:  It wasn't bad to play, but it would be wrong to think of it as Moon Patrol despite the similar looks.  It felt more like Trials HD with how precisely you had to control your angles to get over bumps.  I could have sworn Vinny and Ryan did a Quicklook, but it isn't here so I must have imagined it.   "

Yeah Trials HD seems to be correct comparison .  

Can definitely see how the sound effects could become annoying.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By YoungFrey
    @kalmis:
    And Trials HD is way better.  If somebody happened to not have both, I'd push Trials at them hands down.  That game is like addictive.
    Sander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Sander

I played the demo a few times, totaling perhaps 2hrs+, I can't get enough! I actually like the sound effects but I think this is because I have my sound very finely calibrated. Have not made the purchase to not being sure if I have more time and also the reviews scare me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.