Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tetris

Franchise »

Quite possibly the most popular puzzle game in the world, Tetris, created by Alexy Pajitnov, has seen releases on just about every platform imaginable.

PSN Tetris thoughts?

kickinthehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By kickinthehead

So has anyone else tried out that new Tetris by EA on PSN? I ended up downloading it yesterday and playing for over an hour and a half. What sold me were the remixes of the original music which I haven't had in any Tetris I've bought since the original Gameboy Tetris. It's still "broken Tetris" but that's just something I realize I have to live with. 

I tried all the different modes, some I can see revisiting and others like "treadmill" and "split" have a learning curve I'm not sure I feel like going through. But the online support and ranking level up system will probably keep me hooked for a long time. I just wish that "next piece" window was at the bottom of the screen instead of the top. I don't know about anyone else, but my eyes are on the bottom all the time. Also, getting to 4-player online battle mode, the windows get kind of squinty small even on a large TV. 

The presentation looks very slick and I like the sound effects and the Playstation controller feels a lot better in the hands for extended periods of time than the DS so sufficient to say I'm hooked!

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By randiolo

i like it, the music is pritty sweet, and hey its tetris, i played hours and hours of it on game boy, and this is just easy to pick up n just zone out for a bit, however, with the variants, thier not bad but u can only really play one level at a time for some reason, unless im missing something. All in all i like it. 

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By frankxiv

is there initial hold or initial spin? don't have high hopes but it sounds like it does everything else right

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By bassman2112

I enjoyed it quite a bit for local stuff. My girlfriend and I just finished playing a couple hours of it and we still kind of wanted to do more (had to go to bed as classes start early haha)

The only issue I had with it was that when doing, say, Timed Battle - I wasn't able to find a way to change the preferences of the game to make it 5 minutes long, 1 minute long, what kind of items to pick up, etc. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong; but I wasn't able to find it anywhere in there. So I guess the UI isn't the best I've ever seen, but the gameplay is totally fine and I do enjoy some of the new modes like Split and Laser. I'd recommend it to friends for sure, if they like Tetris at least.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.