Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Adventures of Tintin

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 06, 2011

The tie-in to the Steven Spielberg/Peter Jackson Tintin movie, it was developed by Ubisoft Montpellier.

First trailer for Spielberg's "The Adventures of Tintin"

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By buzz_killington

So here it is: out first real look at what Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson have been cooking up for more than 2 years. As a kid, I mostly read French/Belgian comic books (and not the American superhero stuff) so TIntin is really close to my heart. As far as a movie goes that is not the old hour-long French cartoons (that were basically identical to the books except fully animated) and is not another 2D animated film, I think they have nailed the art-style and it looks absolutely gorgeous. My only concern is Haddock, who they didn't show in this trailer. As fans know, Haddock is a creepy looking, angry alcoholic who can look unlikeable in this art-style. Except for that, it looks amazing and I think they made the right call in choosing The Secret of the Unicorn as their jumping point for the franchise.

What do you guys think? Fans of Herge's series, do you like? People who are not familiar with Tintin, are you intrigued? Lastly, do you think Ubisoft will follow this art-style or a more cartoony one?
    Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Rayfield

Tintin's awesome. This trailer ain't. It's a big bag of meh.

Alos, the fact that the full title of the film is THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN IN 3D is garbage.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By buzz_killington
    @Rayfield: Actually it's The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (according to the movie's poster).
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Yanngc33
    @Rayfield: Dunno why but I was expecting a live action film
    Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Kjellm87

I would never guessed that I would ever see a 3D Tintin movie in my life, impressive looking 3D at that.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Cloudenvy
    @buzz_killington said:
    @Rayfield: Actually it's The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (according to the movie's poster).
    This man is speaking the truth.

I think this trailer looks pretty effing cool, then again, I grew up reading Tintin.
    Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Maajin

Oh, man! I never read Tintin, but was a HUGE fan of the cartoon. On nostalgic values alone this already blew me away. Here's hoping it's also a good movie.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I loved the Tintin books as a child, and am expecting the film to be pretty terrible. The trailer doesn't look too bad though, but I'm still not expecting much.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By damswedon

Wait Steven Spielberg and an adventure film?

If this uses the Indiana Jones rule of "if the film before was good then it will suck" then we might be getting a good film.
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Contro

I think the game looks like shit. Why would anyone prefer this visual style over the much loved comic book art:

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By godzilla_sushi

I think it looks like a ton of fun! Uncharted has me scouring for anything that might remind me of Indy, including this.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Contro

@Godzilla_Sushi said:

I think it looks like a ton of fun! Uncharted has me scouring for anything that might remind me of Indy, including this.

Gameplay wise, it may prove to be a cool game, but I'm very disappointed with the art style. Ubisoft took the typical approach and created a graphic style which will mirror the upcoming Speilberg film, when they could have gone for the classic cartoon style which will appeal more to long time fans.

The Super Nintendo game looks more visually appealing to me.

It's a shame because Ubisoft have a team highly skilled after developing a cell shaded game, and I think they could have done great things with this.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By godzilla_sushi

@Contro: Wow, that's really neat! I may have emulated that like 5 years ago but that is way more impressive then I expected.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Contro

@Godzilla_Sushi said:

@Contro: Wow, that's really neat! I may have emulated that like 5 years ago but that is way more impressive then I expected.

The wonder of Mode 7.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.