Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Agency

Game » consists of 1 releases.

Cancelled in March 2011, The Agency was a spy-themed action MMORPG being developed by SOE.

Costs of montly fee to play online: 0 dollar

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Endogene

Indeed the Agency will not require monthly fees like designer Kevin O'Hara announced as today. The game will be financed by in game product placements and by premium content. So expect seeing a lot of people wearing Nike shoes that will give +5 speed.

Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Psynapse

Or not... I'd rather pay for a monthly fee.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Hamz
    Psynapse said:
    "Or not... I'd rather pay for a monthly fee."
    I have to admit i'd rather pay a monthly fee to play the game than have to buy or purchase content. Having that sort of system where players can pay for extra content over the regular free players creates a two tiered system. Either make an MMO have a monthly fee like WoW etc or have it free to play for all like Guild Wars, no inbetweens.
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Endogene
    Hamz said:
    "Psynapse said:
    I have to admit i'd rather pay a monthly fee to play the game than have to buy or purchase content. Having that sort of system where players can pay for extra content over the regular free players creates a two tiered system. Either make an MMO have a monthly fee like WoW etc or have it free to play for all like Guild Wars, no inbetweens."
    It wont be the first MMO to use micro transactions. and many of those who do it still stand strong now. Its the first to use product placement though.

edit: just remembered the ads in burnout and battle field.
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

As long as you don't have a setup where people are forced to pay if they want better equipment or stats, then I'm fine with this.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By kush

It's official...we're all turning Korean!

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By dsplayer1010
    Endogene said:
    "Hamz said:
    "Psynapse said:
    I have to admit i'd rather pay a monthly fee to play the game than have to buy or purchase content. Having that sort of system where players can pay for extra content over the regular free players creates a two tiered system. Either make an MMO have a monthly fee like WoW etc or have it free to play for all like Guild Wars, no inbetweens."
    It wont be the first MMO to use micro transactions. and many of those who do it still stand strong now. Its the first to use product placement though.

edit: just remembered the ads in burnout and battle field."
    Didn't City of Heroes have ads?
    AEKtzis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By AEKtzis
    Psynapse said:
    you have got to be kidding me...
    Cogito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Cogito

I'm selling Korea-away spray a.k.a. Xenophobitussin anyone want some?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187

People saying that they would rather pay a monthly fee might want to look at the success of Guild Wars and the fact that they didn't have to do ANY in-game advertisement.  Granted, it wasn't a TRUE MMO game, but it was a damn good game...and still continues to be.  With that said, I don't think I'd have any problem with in-game ad placement, given that BF: Bad Company and Guitar Hero III already have that shit anyways.  Even Vegas 2 has it.  It's whatever.  I'm in it for the gameplay.

The premium content...well, I DO have a problem with that.  BF Heroes is going to be doing the same thing, and man...it just pisses me off that someone can gain an advantage by paying for extra shit.  It's stupid.

However, I stand by the idea of a free subscription base.  I go back and still play Guild Wars from time to time, and the only reason I'm not hooked on it is because I'm waiting for GW2 to absolutely blast ALL of these MMO games out of the fucking water (because if there truly won't be any level cap, and they won't have premium content to purchase, it will EASILY be the best MMO game out there).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.