Combat - please help

#1 Posted by trindermon (38 posts) -

Right, i have a problem. I know the combat is supposed to be easy in this game. but i am really struggling on the missions. I am on my second or 3rd indoor mission; basically i am collecting a "sample" for the good doctor; and i have come to the conclusion that enemys dont die to punching ever. can someone help me?

Basically i seem to be able able to "dodge" and punch indefinatly a large gang of dudes, but they NEVER seem to die unless i web them up, this strikes me is ether A) i am doing something wrong, or B) utter fucking bullshit. I am leaning towards the latter - i got to a large group of dudes and i just cant make any head way - eventually i get bored of dodging and just let myself die... is the combat in missions like a sonic boss fight? (IE find the thing to throw at them or youll just fight indefinatly) or is there something wrong / am i missing something?

excuse the grumpy tone of the post but ; after bat man i thought id enjoy this; and i am doing untill i got to the point where i came to the conclusion that the enemys are punch bags that cant be killed.... (and to boot everyone says its easy) i litterall have NO idea what i am doing wrong. please help.

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Get your combo up and finish them off. YOu gotta web them to somthing. 

#3 Posted by Zella (728 posts) -

If they are the infected enemies then you have to either web them up or use one of the signature moves to finish them off. Regular dudes should go down just by normal punches.

#4 Posted by Ares42 (2611 posts) -

For most of the indoor stuff you can get past almost anything by just using the quick escape and stealth takedowns from the roof. But ye, as others have said the infected enemies have to be webbed to be subdued. Seem to remember the game very clearly stated it when you first met them.

#5 Edited by trindermon (38 posts) -

@Ares42 said:

For most of the indoor stuff you can get past almost anything by just using the quick escape and stealth takedowns from the roof. But ye, as others have said the infected enemies have to be webbed to be subdued. Seem to remember the game very clearly stated it when you first met them.

Right, guys, THANK YOU.

In my defense i did the first few missions, got to this mission / started it and then decided to play topspin for 2 weeks stright (wimbledon)!! , so when i got back to the game i had totally forgot / unaware of this nugget of info (that no doubt the game told me 2 weeks prior). Thank you so much guys :-)

as per usual GB community to the rescue. ill tuck my tail between my legs and get back on with actaully enjoying the dam game :)

I thought i was going crazy after i spent like 20 mins fighting the same bunch of dudes lol.

#6 Posted by VideoGamesEncyclo (6 posts) -

Not sure where you stuck, hope these help. I'd reset the damn game if I were you :)

#7 Posted by ShadowLegend300 (28 posts) -

Spider-Man doesn't kill

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.