Will the Amazing Spider Man 2 movie reference events of the game?

#1 Edited by Hizang (8534 posts) -

Seeing as this game takes part after the events of The Amazing Spider-Man do you think the movie sequel will reference parts of the game at all? Some people seem to have taken this the wrong way, I know the main events will not be related to the game, but will there at least be a small reference, such as a small mention of past events.

#2 Posted by Landon (4115 posts) -

I doubt it. Spider-Man 3 didn't reference any villains from the Spider-Man 2 game. I always thought that the games were a separate universe that just built off of the movies.

#3 Posted by SamStrife (1280 posts) -

Nope.

#4 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Haha is that a serious question?

#5 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

@Tim_the_Corsair: Not really, I mean they probably won't, but do you think we will get at least a tiny reference like a newspaper in the background that details the events?

#6 Posted by TheHumanDove (2396 posts) -

Another classic Hizang thread

#7 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

@Landon said:

I doubt it. Spider-Man 3 didn't reference any villains from the Spider-Man 2 game. I always thought that the games were a separate universe that just built off of the movies.

Spider-Man 2 was different, seeing as that was taking place instead of the movie.

#8 Posted by TheBrokenPinion (8 posts) -

I am pretty sure the games went in their own direction, the game will pull events from the movie but I don't think the movie will have any thing to do with the game at all

#9 Edited by DeeGee (2096 posts) -

I thought Hizang was back for a second. I was having conflicted emotions.

Snu Snu (Futurama)

#10 Edited by Taku128 (727 posts) -

I think the developers said it takes place in an alternate timeline instead of the second film. If I remember correctly they ALSO said it's a continuation from the first movie and ignores the first game, which I find pretty funny.

#11 Posted by RazielCuts (2711 posts) -
#12 Posted by TheBrokenPinion (8 posts) -

@taku128: LOL so TASM 2 (Game) has nothing to do with TASM 1 (Game) that's funny I just thought they would continue from the first game just bring in villains from the movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.