Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Angry Video Game Nerd

Character » appears in 3 games

An angry gaming nerd, played by filmmaker James Rolfe, who reviews terrible games from his past. The Nerd is featured in a few games, let's just hope he doesn't review them.

Cheetahmen 2 Kickstarter Drama

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By wmoyer83

Has anybody heard about the drama with AVGN and some sort of scandal involving a kickstarter project involving Cheetahmen 2?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

I recall there being a thread about this thing, but I can't find it right now. Anyone?

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By cornbredx

Didn't know about it but I don't see what the big deal is. The terrible developers of a terrible game reviewed by AVGN is being "remastered" on it's original platform. 
    The only interesting thing about this is whether or not this would hold any value to collector's or whether the actual collectors would be the only ones to buy it. *shrug*

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By butano

I'm a little confused at what the scandal is.....is it that they're making around $15 profit for each $60 purchase? What exactly is wrong with that? I'm not seeing anywhere in Kickstarter's TOS where making a profit is not allowed.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Pepsiman
    @Butano From what I can tell, the issue just has more to do with Haven't actual sentiments about promoting such a fundamentally terrible game than anything else. It seems he participated in the Kickstarter video without really thinking how much of an impact his presence would have and now in retrospect would prefer to not be attached to a project related to a game he vehemently dislikes. There are also some doubts about the cost since it really shouldn't cost so much money to slap a patches ROM onto a reproduction cart, but the bigger issue is how his reputation is being used by the project.
    Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By Pepsiman
    @Butano Ack, sorry. Meant to say James' sentiments. Typing this on a phone, so no edit functions for me!
    xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By xymox

Don't get why it's such a scandal. People were raging pretty hard on his youtube video as well. I think it's good, and more people should do it. An awful, bugged game getting a fix so long after release?

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By wmoyer83

I think it would be great if they remastered good games....but Cheetahmen 2??

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Trilogy

He should of done research on the project before attaching his brand to it but people seriously overreacted to this whole thing. The internet (specifically the gaming community) tends to overreact to just about anything. It's like people are so desperate for scandals and drama that they'll blow anything out of proportion.

Here's the thing...Kickstarter projects can be kind of shady. People have noticed the success that certain projects have gotten and see an opportunity to make a profit. That only becomes an issue when they want to make a profit off of selling garbage. People just have to be better judges of who wants to sell you a genuine quality product and whose looking to rip you off. Either way, people took their aggression out on James for no good reason. Sometimes I think the internet needs to find a happier medium when they aren't happy about something.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Elazul

You know what's bullshit? Blowing dumb, inconsequential video game news out of all proportion.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.