Kickstarter started on March 19, ends Apr 20

#1 Posted by aylien (111 posts) -

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know that the Kickstarter for The Banner Saga just started, and ends Apr 20, 2012. Here's to some Final Fantasy Tactics-inspired Viking goodness!

#2 Posted by Octaslash (476 posts) -

Here's the trailer:

The art is beautiful and I'm down for a turned-based tactics game from these guys. It looks like it is on track to make its $100,000 goal, but I'm going to chip in anyway.

#3 Posted by Donkeycow (556 posts) -

Huh, this game looks pretty cool and quite ambitious as well. I might consider giving them a helping hand... then again i am a bit opposed to the whole kick-starter movement so we'll see.

#4 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11419 posts) -

@Donkeycow said:

Huh, this game looks pretty cool and quite ambitious as well. I might consider giving them a helping hand... then again i am a bit opposed to the whole kick-starter movement so we'll see.

The difference is that these guys are clearly already in the process of making a game and just need some extra cash to give the game the vision they want it to (only $100K as the goal instead of say... $900K). As opposed to Double Fine's game and Wasteland 2, which are straight up being funded through the generosity of the internet. Something to think about as contrast we'll say.

Also, I already put down my $10. I like the art style and I like the promise of turn-based tactical combat.

#5 Posted by demonknightinuyasha (457 posts) -

I will definitely be helping fund this. Thanks for the head's up! =]

#6 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

I am really thinking of doing either the 80$ to 100$ fund.. I like the poster and the t-shirt doesnt look like the normal videogame shirt

#7 Posted by Skald (4366 posts) -

The animation looks fantastic. Also, Vikings.

#8 Posted by Kevin_Cogneto (991 posts) -

I was all set to roll my eyes at this, but suffice it to say I am not rolling my eyes. I'm not sure I can afford to back every game on Kickstarter, but if I add one more this'll be at the top of the list.

#9 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

3k short of their goal right now, I think that should be a success. Plus I added the game to GB, special attachment!

#10 Posted by jking47 (1207 posts) -

I just found this today, they are at $180,000. I will probably pledge some, but trying to decide how much. Having a self designed emblem in game would be pretty damn cool....

#11 Posted by Shikon (175 posts) -

grrrrr that poster looks amazing... but 60 dollars for a poster X_X i might have to do it...

and then i read this on the kick starter faq:

We've just recently decided to give the full 3-part game away to anyone who donates (or has already donated) $50 or more to the campaign. It's our thanks for making this campaign such an amazing success!

amazing poster here i come!

#12 Posted by Brodehouse (9518 posts) -

This game looks awesome. And everything the devs are saying in the comments is what I want; a mature story-driven game that isn't just for pleasing teenagers. For years, mature either meant Teen+blood and tits, or it meant its a spreadsheet simulator for people with no joy.

#13 Edited by Skald (4366 posts) -

Boom. Fifty bucks. Ever since they announced fifty bucks gets the other two chapters for free... it's become a pretty good value proposition.

#14 Posted by Funkydupe (3305 posts) -

It isn't just for pleasing teenagers, you say?

#15 Posted by YoThatLimp (1877 posts) -

@Skald said:

Boom. Fifty bucks. Ever since they announced fifty bucks gets the other two chapters for free... it's become a pretty good value proposition.

Yep just chipped in for $50!

Damn you KickStarter and your awesome indie games.

#16 Posted by LordAndrew (14417 posts) -
Platforms are PC and Mac, with Linux and iPad just announced.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.