Anyone else disappointed by the lack of save features?

#1 Posted by Seastalk (123 posts) -

I was wondering if anyone is disappointed by the lack of save features included in the collection.

Personally I like to play these sort of games in sort bursts; which his other games facilitate quite well, however this collection does not seem to.

I know that some of the games have passcodes built into them, however I think a savestate feature would have been nicer.

What are your thoughts?

#2 Posted by KarmaPolice (45 posts) -

Yeah that would have been nice, I'm guessing it was due to the fact that they were made to be played in the browser.

#3 Posted by ComradeLarko (26 posts) -

It saves everything for me just fine?

Edmund advised people on his blog not to use any web clean up tools. All saves are stored in your internet temp files because they're flash. If your having issues with saves that might be it?

#4 Posted by DrFlapjack (231 posts) -

Every game seems to start in the same place when I leave and come back, but I'm having issues with lag. Which doesn't make sense to me.

#5 Posted by Jugglenaut (8 posts) -

Triachnid doesn't have a save feature, which is really pissing me off currently. Other than that, I've had no problem with the others saving.

#6 Posted by Andy_117 (169 posts) -

It seems to - as others have said - save on a game-by-game basis. So some don't and some do.

#7 Posted by Forcen (1766 posts) -

Hmm, the quit menu for the games confused me to..

#8 Posted by ComradeLarko (26 posts) -

@DrFlapjack said:

Every game seems to start in the same place when I leave and come back, but I'm having issues with lag. Which doesn't make sense to me.

I've had the lag issues too. Just exiting and restating once it starts lagging fixes it easy. Should only happen on Spewer or Aether but.

Try turning on the lo-res versions of each game too. Might solve some issues.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.