Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Beatles: Rock Band

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Sep 09, 2009

Following the Rock Band formula, The Beatles: Rock Band immerses players into the shoes of the Fab Four as they progress through their career, featuring an exclusively Beatles theme and song list.

Beatles: Rock Band Haters

• 51 results
    Supafly777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Supafly777

Don' t they just get on your damn nerves?

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan

I love the Beatles, hate plastic instruments.  Yup I'm that guy

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

I can't stand the Beatles. I don't like their music and they are incredibly ugly in every way.

But Rock Band is pretty cool.

Supafly777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Supafly777
    And the hate starts flowing....
    Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Bigandtasty
    @Supafly777 said:
    " And the hate starts flowing.... "
    Goooood. Let the hate flow through you.
    ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ParanoidFreak

I like the Beatles, and I will play the Beatles: Rockband, but you have to respect the opinions of other people which don't enjoy the music.

Supafly777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Supafly777
    @Bigandtasty: 
    “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
    KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By KamasamaK

Never heard of these "Beatles" so not interested.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Black_Rose
    @Br3adfan said:
    " I love the Beatles, hate plastic instruments.  Yup I'm that guy "
    Same here.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By xyzygy

I'm waiting for Rock Band : Radiohead. But that will never happen. Radiohead is too much of a maverick band.

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ParanoidFreak
    @Kamasama: 
     My internet sarcasm detector is broken, are you serious?
    Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Snipzor

Not a fan of the "one band" music games, one genre games is okay (Brütal Legends for example). Even if the band is the Beatles.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bigandtasty
    @Supafly777 said:
    " @Bigandtasty:  “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” "
    You're going straight to hate! You're on the fast track now baby!
    Grim_Fandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14  Edited By Grim_Fandango
    @Supafly777: Could suffering possibly lead to hunger? I think it would...

As for Beatles, I don't mind them, but its not enough to warrant a purchase of a copy, i'm not a hater, nor am I a fanboy, i'm the Chicken on the road so-to-speak.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#15  Edited By Vinchenzo
    Just ignore it is my advice. We can all rest easy knowing at least this game isn't some rushed piece of shit. Like any single-band Guitar Hero game made by Activision, for example. This game actually looks like time was taken into crafting the experience, and defining what a game has to be if you want only one band in it.
    A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By A Likely Story

Someone hating the game doesn't make me hate them.

It's the way they present themselves that does that.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By tebbit
    @xyzygy said:
    " I'm waiting for Rock Band : Radiohead. But that will never happen. Radiohead is too much of a maverick band. "
    Yeah, although My Iron Lung is available for DLC, there are plenty better Radiohead songs that they should be busy harvesting!
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xyzygy
    @Tebbit said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    " I'm waiting for Rock Band : Radiohead. But that will never happen. Radiohead is too much of a maverick band. "
    Yeah, although My Iron Lung is available for DLC, there are plenty better Radiohead songs that they should be busy harvesting! "
    I KNOW. Like, it's a great song and all, and it's fun on Rock Band, but where is the OK Computer stuff? Hail to the Theif? In Rainbows? Could you imagine playing 15 Step on drums? Man... I'm crying :(
    gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By gearhead
    @Bigandtasty said:
    " @Supafly777 said:
    Goooood. Let the hate flow through you. "
    No, Anakien. You were supposed to be save the jedi, not destroy them!
    lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By lethalki11ler

big fan of the band and this is a day one buy for me :D

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tebbit
    @xyzygy said:
    " @Tebbit said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    Yeah, although My Iron Lung is available for DLC, there are plenty better Radiohead songs that they should be busy harvesting! "
    I KNOW. Like, it's a great song and all, and it's fun on Rock Band, but where is the OK Computer stuff? Hail to the Theif? In Rainbows? Could you imagine playing 15 Step on drums? Man... I'm crying :( "
    *Gurgles* 

Also,  Paranoid Android. 

As for the Beatles, I like some of their songs, but some of their "holier than thou" super-fans scare the molasses outta me.
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By clubsandwich
    @ParanoidFreak said:
    " I like the Beatles, and I will play the Beatles: Rockband, but you have to respect the opinions of other people which don't enjoy the music. "
    this.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By Karmum
    @xyzygy said:
    Instantaneous buy, if that would ever happen.
    nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By nrain

I love the Beatles and I like to play plastic instruments, and so I like and will buy Beatles Rock Band. I however do not respect peoples opinions who don't like their music and you can flame me if you want but anyone who doesn't like anyone of these songs: I've just seen a face, While my guitar gently weeps, Let it Be, Hard day's night, Blackbird, Eleanor Rigby, Hey Jude. (To name a few) is just being an assholewho wants to be cool by disliking music that was popular and still is. Sometimes popular music is good people (but rarely lol).

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @natetodamax said:
    " I can't stand the Beatles. I don't like their music and they are incredibly ugly in every way.  But Rock Band is pretty cool. "
    The only people who hate the Beatles's music are people who havent heard it.
    Calling them ugly though, is just mean.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @Snipzor said:
    " Not a fan of the "one band" music games, one genre games is okay (Brütal Legends for example). Even if the band is the Beatles. "
    This, basically.
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I find it impossible not to like The Beatles.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Systech
    @Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    " I find it impossible not to like The Beatles. "
    calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By calidan777
    @nrain said:
    "

I love the Beatles and I like to play plastic instruments, and so I like and will buy Beatles Rock Band. I however do not respect peoples opinions who don't like their music and you can flame me if you want but anyone who doesn't like anyone of these songs: I've just seen a face, While my guitar gently weeps, Let it Be, Hard day's night, Blackbird, Eleanor Rigby, Hey Jude. (To name a few) is just being an assholewho wants to be cool by disliking music that was popular and still is. Sometimes popular music is good people (but rarely lol).

"
    WRONG!!!!...........moving on
    I've heard The Beatles music and while I don't hate them,I don't really like them either.I also don't really like Rock Band either for that matter,I mean,I'll play it but I really prefer Guitar Hero (and Rock Band was actually my FIRST music game).So no, I won't be buying this,but I probably will go over to Supafly777's house and try it out : )
    Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Famov

It's more than possible to not like the Beatles. Some of us just cannot stand the aforementioned pretentious superfans, and even disregarding them I am rather indifferent to most of what they've done.

And do not imply I haven't heard their music. Not only is that nearly impossible due to the absurd popularity of the band that endures to this very day, but even by average joe standards I have listened to a LOT of the Beatles. Not just the popular stuff, not just the radio friendly stuff, I've listened to albums upon albums, thanks to having friends who are very much huge fans of the Beatles. I've even listened to whole albums by the solo work of Lennon and Harrison and Lennon's frickin' son and whatnot. 

Still, I agree that 'hating' a band, even if its because of its legitimately crazy fanbase, is kinda dumb. The Beatles didn't do anything to deserve outright contempt.
    Supafly777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Supafly777
    @JeffGoldblum: I agree completely I can't stand haters that hate just cause they think it's cool to dislike popular music that they have never even given a chance. Also I don't judge musicians by their appearance, that's just plain stupid!
    bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By bacongames

I don't listen to the Beatles or any form of rock music whatsoever, but you don't see me running around hating on anything relating to Rock Band or Guitar Hero.  I just ignore it like a proper human being and get on with my life.  If you are severe enough to be considered a "hater" it's not about liking the music anymore.  That's just called being a dick.

Supafly777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Supafly777
    @nrain: All these songs took real talent to write and compose and I feel like it's just plain disrespectful for people to automatically throw the Beatles under the bus just because they think it's cool just  like you said. So I agree completely.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By jakob187
    @Vinchenzo said:

"Just ignore it is my advice. We can all rest easy knowing at least this game isn't some rushed piece of shit. Like any single-band Guitar Hero game made by Activision, for example. This game actually looks like time was taken into crafting the experience, and defining what a game has to be if you want only one band in it."

Have you played Guitar Hero Metallica?  That game was EXCELLENTLY done.  I'm still impressed by how they captured a Metallica performance and put it in game.  Sure, it sucks that they don't have Cliff and Jason, and occasionally Kirk is a little meh, but nonetheless, they did a great job on that. 

As for The Beatles...bleck.  Bad music is bad.  I respect what they did for foreign bands being able to get popularity in the States, but that doesn't mean their music was any good.  It has nothing to do with the popularity of their music.  The majority of their songs feature basic chord progressions and simplistic lyrics.  Most people focus so heavily on the later portion of their career with Sgt. Pepper and White Album that they forget about the early works.  They forget that The Beatles was a teen pop idol band.  They were fucking N*Sync!!!  Just because you trip on a shitload of acid and start singing "Strawberry fields forever..." doesn't mean you're a musical genius.  I feel that each of them, individually, were really great musicians and quite talented at their stuff.  Paul McCartney proved it with Wings, John Lennon proved it in his solo work, George Harrison's solo stuff was excellent, and...okay, Ringo is still just plain shitty.  The Beatles, as a whole, just sucked.  There are three songs that I like by them:  "Revolution", "I Am The Walrus" and "Yesterday".
    Supafly777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Supafly777
    @Grim_Fandango said:

"@Supafly777: Could suffering possibly lead to hunger? I think it would... As for Beatles, I don't mind them, but its not enough to warrant a purchase of a copy, i'm not a hater, nor am I a fanboy, i'm the Chicken on the road so-to-speak."

Hunger is suffering, so yeah probably so... I know I'm a grippy bastard when I'm hungry! "
    Supafly777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Supafly777
    @calidan777 said:
    "@nrain said:
    "

"
    WRONG!!!!...........moving on
    I've heard The Beatles music and while I don't hate them,I don't really like them either.I also don't really like Rock Band either for that matter,I mean,I'll play it but I really prefer Guitar Hero (and Rock Band was actually my FIRST music game).So no, I won't be buying this,but I probably will go over to Supafly777's house and try it out : )"
    Yeah come on over, but you better get you some HATERAID before you come!
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#37  Edited By LordAndrew

It really doesn't bother me if someone doesn't like the same games that I do. It's only annoying if they present their dislike for the game in an annoying manner.

Avatar image for deactivated-61da50756e1e4
    deactivated-61da50756e1e4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was done with plastic instruments after Rockband 1.

Supafly777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Supafly777

So my poll was shut down by the fuzz, I didn't realize it would piss so many people off, it was really just for my own amusement anyway, people should stop taking things so seriously...

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#40  Edited By natetodamax
    @Supafly777: Or you could keep the discussion in one thread rather than create a separate poll.
    EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By EdIsCool

there is a science to music, made of  rhythm harmony and melody. The Beatles are the greatest masters of these in popular music.
    If you do not understand how the Beatles use brilliant keychanges as well as the above then yes you have an opinion but its uninformed and thus to me useless.
    You cannot say an informed opinion is wrong however an uninformed opinion...say what you like.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#42  Edited By RHCPfan24

I hate the Beatles haters, if that is the question. They remain one of the most important things ever to happen to music, and this game will surely capture at least some of that magic. 

djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By djstyles92

meh i dont like the beatles, i think that they are overrated but i respect anyone that thinks differently

drok17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By drok17

There's a lot of haters out there but then again this happens for every form of entertainment whether it be music, tv, or film. There will always be haters

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Systech
    @djstyles92 said:
    " meh i dont like the beatles, i think that they are overrated but i respect anyone that thinks differently "
    This is probably the right mindset to have if you don't like The Beatles. 
    CarpetRemnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By CarpetRemnant
    @Tebbit said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    " @Tebbit said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    I KNOW. Like, it's a great song and all, and it's fun on Rock Band, but where is the OK Computer stuff? Hail to the Theif? In Rainbows? Could you imagine playing 15 Step on drums? Man... I'm crying :( "
    *Gurgles*  Also,  Paranoid Android.  As for the Beatles, I like some of their songs, but some of their "holier than thou" super-fans scare the molasses outta me. "
    At the very least a Radiohead track pack for Rock Band, please. Fitter Happier would be hilarious on vocals.
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @ParanoidFreak said:
    " I like the Beatles, and I will play the Beatles: Rockband, but you have to respect the opinions of other people which don't enjoy the music. "
    I'm ok with people who don't like the music but, when people don't appreciate what they did for music that angers me.
    nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By nrain

So I was reading the IGN review and enjoying it....until I saw a comment from the dear old IGN community :/ 
    Mr.Bubbles07 posted: Sooooo....This game on Expert is going to be as hard as any song from any 1000000 of these games on easy? Cuz last time I checked, the Beatles suck, and their music can be played by a 13 year old quadriplegic with down syndrome and a mild case of ADD. If I see the commercial for this game on TV with the fucking homo with the long beard, and stupid looking smile on his face one more time, I will personally destroy every copy of this game, and every other 5000 stupid ass music games that will come out this year. (yes there are 8 Guitar Hero games coming out in '09. True story.) If you buy these games you are the biggest sucker on the face of the earth, and you are probably the kind of people who think that when they get a pop up that says your a winner, you click it to claim your "prize".

Go play a real game, and stop wasting your time and money on this genre that calls itself "games". Music games give all video games a bad name.

...And the Beatles suck...

That is all 
     --------------- 
    What is wrong with people?
    A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By A Likely Story

There's loads of ridiculous comments there, though that one certainly takes the cake (across all sources) for worst comment on this game yet. I'm afraid for what other kind of comments IGN reviews get, so good thing I don't visit it.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By JoelTGM
    @Supafly777 said:
    you just made a thread about haters so of course it's going to get hateful

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.