Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Beatles: Rock Band

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Sep 09, 2009

Following the Rock Band formula, The Beatles: Rock Band immerses players into the shoes of the Fab Four as they progress through their career, featuring an exclusively Beatles theme and song list.

Rockband,Rockband 2,now THE BEATLES?!

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
    OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

The beatles just dont fit in the rock band world.
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By MetalGearSunny

If you don't like the Beatles, you won't like The Beatles: Rock Band. Simple as that.

ZoomyRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By ZoomyRamen

Are you serious? How do they not fit into the Rock Band world?! They are arguably one of the greatest bands of all time, Rock band cant just have rock music its more about the quality of music they choose and for quality music you cant really go wrong with a band like The Beatles.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Pie

Explain then I wont view you as an idiot

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @OutOfBounds9000 said:
    " The beatles just dont fit in the rock band world. "
    The Beatles CREATED Rock music as we know it!
    You really should stop talking. Your ignorance is showing.
    Disengage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Disengage
    @JeffGoldblum said:
    " @OutOfBounds9000 said:
    The Beatles CREATED Rock music as we know it! You really should stop talking. Your ignorance is showing. "
    Lol wut
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Red

GO BACK TO LISTENING TO YOUR AFI AND JANE'S ADDICTION! 

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Kazona
    @JeffGoldblum said:

" @OutOfBounds9000 said:

The Beatles CREATED Rock music as we know it! You really should stop talking. Your ignorance is showing. "
    So is yours, actually, because the The Beatles most certainly didn't create Rock music. They may have popularized Rock, but they didn't create it, nor is the Rock we know now anywhere near the same as The Beatles' style of Rock. 

Edit: As  a matter of fact, Elvis made Rock more popular than The Beatles did. The Beatles had more succes in Europe than they did in America, whilst Elvis Presley managed to garner world-wide success.
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By breadfan
    @JeffGoldblum said:
    @OutOfBounds9000 said:
    The Beatles CREATED Rock music as we know it! You really should stop talking. Your ignorance is showing.
    People need to stop jumping on this post.  People like Chuck Berry helped to create rock and roll, but I think he is talking about the Beatles creating rock  music as we know it today.  Yes the Beatles were heavily influenced by American rock and roll, but later in their career they created their own style which still to this day is trying to be emulated.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By mikemcn
    @OutOfBounds9000 said:
    "The beatles just dont fit in the rock band world. "

What the hell is the "rock band world"?
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By breadfan
    @Mikemcn said:
     @OutOfBounds9000 said:
    "The beatles just dont fit in the rock band world.
    What the hell is the "rock band world"?
    The shit that qualifies as music these days
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By oldschool
    @Kazona said:
    " @JeffGoldblum said:

" @OutOfBounds9000 said:

So is yours, actually, because the The Beatles most certainly didn't create Rock music. They may have popularized Rock, but they didn't create it, nor is the Rock we know now anywhere near the same as The Beatles' style of Rock.  Edit: As  a matter of fact, Elvis made Rock more popular than The Beatles did. The Beatles had more succes in Europe than they did in America, whilst Elvis Presley managed to garner world-wide success. "
    I think you are confusing rock with rock and roll.  I think Chuck Berry or Bill Haley would be better references to that kind of music. 

The Beatles started out more of a rock and roll band and eventually created a musical trend that most others just followed.  Even The Rolling Stones, which were more a blues/rock band, followed some of the style The Beatles created.  You can go from the garage rock of Revolution, to the minimalist of Yesterday, to the trippy I Am the Walrus, to the the orchestral of All You Need Is Love, to the pop of Yellow Submarine.  The Beatles were trend setters and others followed.  Their influence cannot be overstated.  If you don't like them, then that is an entirely different matter.
    The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By The_Tolman

to me rock band has alot of the beatles type music in their games. like guitar hero to me is more metal and rock band is more like slow rock.
    Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kazona
    @oldschool said:
    " @Kazona said:
    " @JeffGoldblum said:

" @OutOfBounds9000 said:

So is yours, actually, because the The Beatles most certainly didn't create Rock music. They may have popularized Rock, but they didn't create it, nor is the Rock we know now anywhere near the same as The Beatles' style of Rock.  Edit: As  a matter of fact, Elvis made Rock more popular than The Beatles did. The Beatles had more succes in Europe than they did in America, whilst Elvis Presley managed to garner world-wide success. "
    I think you are confusing rock with rock and roll.  I think Chuck Berry or Bill Haley would be better references to that kind of music.  The Beatles started out more of a rock and roll band and eventually created a musical trend that most others just followed.  Even The Rolling Stones, which were more a blues/rock band, followed some of the style The Beatles created.  You can go from the garage rock of Revolution, to the minimalist of Yesterday, to the trippy I Am the Walrus, to the the orchestral of All You Need Is Love, to the pop of Yellow Submarine.  The Beatles were trend setters and others followed.  Their influence cannot be overstated.  If you don't like them, then that is an entirely different matter. "
    Rock and Roll is a form of Rock. So to say that The Beatles created Rock as we know it, is simply wrong. If you were to say that they had a heavy influence in Rock & Roll, then I would definitely agree. But the suggestion here was that they are the founders of the entire Rock genre as we know it, which is completely false. And it wasn't until The Beatles differntiated themselves from that Rock & Roll style that made Elvis popular, that they truly started to become such a big influence. And even, then, I'm fairly certain that Elvis was more popular. 
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @Kazona said:
    " Rock and Roll is a form of Rock. So to say that The Beatles created Rock as we know it, is simply wrong. If you were to say that they had a heavy influence in Rock & Roll, then I would definitely agree. But the suggestion here was that they are the founders of the entire Rock genre as we know it, which is completely false. And it wasn't until The Beatles differntiated themselves from that Rock & Roll style that made Elvis popular, that they truly started to become such a big influence. And even, then, I'm fairly certain that Elvis was more popular.  "
    All I meant was If The Beatles had never come along and changed Rock and Roll music forever none of the rock today could exist.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By oldschool
    @Kazona said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " @Kazona said:
    " @JeffGoldblum said:

" @OutOfBounds9000 said:

I think you are confusing rock with rock and roll.  I think Chuck Berry or Bill Haley would be better references to that kind of music.  The Beatles started out more of a rock and roll band and eventually created a musical trend that most others just followed.  Even The Rolling Stones, which were more a blues/rock band, followed some of the style The Beatles created.  You can go from the garage rock of Revolution, to the minimalist of Yesterday, to the trippy I Am the Walrus, to the the orchestral of All You Need Is Love, to the pop of Yellow Submarine.  The Beatles were trend setters and others followed.  Their influence cannot be overstated.  If you don't like them, then that is an entirely different matter. "
    Rock and Roll is a form of Rock. So to say that The Beatles created Rock as we know it, is simply wrong. If you were to say that they had a heavy influence in Rock & Roll, then I would definitely agree. But the suggestion here was that they are the founders of the entire Rock genre as we know it, which is completely false. And it wasn't until The Beatles differntiated themselves from that Rock & Roll style that made Elvis popular, that they truly started to become such a big influence. And even, then, I'm fairly certain that Elvis was more popular.  "
    Who said that The Beatles were more popular than Elvis and importantly, who cares.  I didn't say they created rock, let alone the entire genre as we know it, but their fingerprints are over much of it.  Plenty of other artists created their styles as well and then influenced others, the likes of Iggy Pop & the Stooges with more of a punk version of rock that would influence much of the 70s.  None of this really matters as The Beatles chartered their own course and with such a long and diverse library, they are one of the most influential bands of all time. 

I am not defending them as I could care less.  History does need some proper context though.
    djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By djstyles92
    @JeffGoldblum said:
    " @Kazona said:
    " Rock and Roll is a form of Rock. So to say that The Beatles created Rock as we know it, is simply wrong. If you were to say that they had a heavy influence in Rock & Roll, then I would definitely agree. But the suggestion here was that they are the founders of the entire Rock genre as we know it, which is completely false. And it wasn't until The Beatles differntiated themselves from that Rock & Roll style that made Elvis popular, that they truly started to become such a big influence. And even, then, I'm fairly certain that Elvis was more popular.  "
    All I meant was If The Beatles had never come along and changed Rock and Roll music forever none of the rock today could exist. "
    nonononono I hate when people say this, its just wrong.  Thats like saying that if halo never came around, then none of the tons of generic FPS' would exist.  Another game would have came around and made it the same. 
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @djstyles92 said:
    " @JeffGoldblum said:
    " @Kazona said:
    All I meant was If The Beatles had never come along and changed Rock and Roll music forever none of the rock today could exist. "
    nonononono I hate when people say this, its just wrong.  Thats like saying that if halo never came around, then none of the tons of generic FPS' would exist.  Another game would have came around and made it the same.  "
    The Beatles were revolutionary. Without them who knows what Rock Music would sound like today.
    Would it still sound like Elvis of Chuck Berry? or would it have faded into obscurity? One thing is for sure if you go listen to "rock music" before The Beatles and then after The Beatles you will realize their influence. Im not saying Rock Music would not evolve without The Beatles but, it also wouldnt be what is today.

The Beatles changed what it meant to be a celebrity and a musician.
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By breadfan
    @djstyles92 said:
     @JeffGoldblum said:
     @Kazona said:
    Rock and Roll is a form of Rock. So to say that The Beatles created Rock as we know it, is simply wrong. If you were to say that they had a heavy influence in Rock & Roll, then I would definitely agree. But the suggestion here was that they are the founders of the entire Rock genre as we know it, which is completely false. And it wasn't until The Beatles differntiated themselves from that Rock & Roll style that made Elvis popular, that they truly started to become such a big influence. And even, then, I'm fairly certain that Elvis was more popular.  
    All I meant was If The Beatles had never come along and changed Rock and Roll music forever none of the rock today could exist. 
    nonononono I hate when people say this, its just wrong.  
    I disagree.  If someone besides the Beatles changed music forever then music today would not be the same music.  The Beatles did something that no other band could do at the time and produced some of the greatest songs ever written.  Take any other band that was big during the same time as the Beatles, did any of them have 27 #1 hits? No.  The Beatles did something special and nobody will ever be able to do what they did in the future. 
    djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By djstyles92

meh i dont like them and i hear people say that way too much, to me they are overrated...if you think differently then cool, I respect your opinion

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By breadfan
    @djstyles92 said:
    meh i dont like them and i hear people say that way too much
    If you don't like the Beatles that is your opinion and you are entitled to that, but to deny that they changed music is crazy
    djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By djstyles92
    @Br3adfan said:
    " @djstyles92 said:
    If you don't like the Beatles that is your opinion and you are entitled to that, but to deny that they changed music is crazy "
    i just think that its crazy to say that without them music today wouldn't exist...i think that there would have been a natural evolution of music
    Peter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Peter

Beatles suck ass but of course they belong. And where the hell have you been?!
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By breadfan
    @djstyles92 said:
    " @Br3adfan said:
    " @djstyles92 said:
    If you don't like the Beatles that is your opinion and you are entitled to that, but to deny that they changed music is crazy "
    i just think that its crazy to say that without them music today wouldn't exist...
    Who is to say that music would have progressed the same way without the Beatles?  If the Beatles did not exist then who would have been the people to take music to the next level?  As I said earlier, who during the time of the Beatles or since then has had 27 #1 hit songs, no one.  Nobody had the popularity as well as the talent to write music the way that the Beatles did and nobody else will be able to reproduce what they have done.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @Red: Hey man, what's wrong with Jane's Addiction? They're a pretty cool band.

As for The Beatles, yeah... probably the greatest band ever. I know I'll be getting The Beatles Rock Band.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @Pie said:
    " Explain then I wont view you as an idiot "
    This. Right now, I see no credibility or even an argument in the original post.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By ImperiousRix

Rock Band world?  I thought anything that could be classified as Rock music belonged in the Rock Band world.  They have everything from Talking Heads to Iron Maiden to Paramore, the width and breadth of the music library in Rock Band is huge.  
    Secondly, they aren't including The Beatles in the Rock Band world, they're giving them their own game.  If they were included in this Rock Band world, they'd have just released some track pack and been done with it.  Instead, they've made a game that stands on its own while remaining familiar to the Rock Band formula.

DarkFlow83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By DarkFlow83

The Beatles where the first band to ever play a Stadium, Shea Stadium.  So I would say they where pretty Popular here in America.  They Inspired a Generation of music.  Too this day you ask a band what inspires them, a lot still say the Beatles. 

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By damswedon

the beatles are a rock band therefore they fit.

rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#30  Edited By rjpelonia

I completely disagree with you.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#31  Edited By bicycleham

Mozart Belongs Nowhere Near A Piano.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kazona
    @oldschool: When did I say you made any such claims? I was referring to JeffGoldbum's comment. 

@JeffGoldblum: I guess we simply disagree on this matter.
    lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33  Edited By lethalki11ler
    @OutOfBounds9000 said:
    me like the Beatles. Me love The Beatles: Rock Band.
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @Kazona said:

"

@JeffGoldblum: I guess we simply disagree on this matter. "

The Beatles made Rock and Roll what it is.

FACT.

I know you werent there and your small brain cant comprehend a phenomenon you didnt witness but, trust me and pretty much everyone else in the world. The Beatles changed music forever.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By JJOR64

I'm deciding if I want to get this game or not.  I really only know like 2 Beatles songs but, thought about getting it so I can listen to more of them.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Kazona
    @JeffGoldblum said:
    " @Kazona said:

"

@JeffGoldblum: I guess we simply disagree on this matter. "

The Beatles made Rock and Roll what it is.

FACT.

I know you werent there and your small brain cant comprehend a phenomenon you didnt witness but, trust me and pretty much everyone else in the world. The Beatles changed music forever. "
    I love idiots like you who start resorting to insults when someone disagrees with you. It really makes me laugh to see how immature people like you can be.
    A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By A Likely Story

Worst thread I've been to on Giant Bomb so far.

And not just for the OP.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cookiemonster

Seriously, this is the stupidest thread I have ever seen. 
    1) I'm not a massive fan of The Beatles, but even I know that they are one of the biggest, most influential bands ever. 
    2) They don't fit into a 'rock band world'. I don't know whether you've noticed yet, but they play rock music. Its not like they've went and made 'Rock Band: Britney Spears'
    3) If you consider the kind of bands Harmonix have had on the past two Rock Band games, it stretches from either end of the rock spectrum, from Coheed and Cambria and Queens of the Stone Age, to Ok Go and Panic at the Disco, so its no surprise to find they've made a Rock Band game about The Beatles.

OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

I like Beatles,i just cant see visualize them in the game Rockband.
    OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By OutOfBounds9000
    @LethalKi11ler said:
    " @OutOfBounds9000 said:
    me like the Beatles. Me love The Beatles: Rock Band. "

lulwut
    bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41  Edited By bonbolapti
    @OutOfBounds9000 said:
    "I like Beatles,i just cant see visualize them in the game Rockband. "

That makes no sense. You can't picture music in a game about playing music? RockBand has always been about everything that has to do with music.
    CarpetRemnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CarpetRemnant
    @OutOfBounds9000 said:
    " I like Beatles,i just cant see visualize them in the game Rockband. "
    Well luckily for you other people went ahead and visualised them in the game Rock Band and then they went ahead and made that game for you so you wouldn't have to strain yourself any longer trying to visualise it.
    Disclaim3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Disclaim3r

The Beatles explored so much territory that making a game almost makes too much sense. I think that the argument of whether The Beatles changed rock music or whatever is kind of missing the point. The Beatles changed music. Period. The line between pop and rock is so thin these days, and I feel like people are almost shy to admit they like pop, but that's what the Beatles' hits were, fine tuned, well crafted pop delights. However, go deeper into their catalog and you can find jazz, hard rock, and even country. 
    I think it all comes down to what you like, really. A game with a whole bunch of Metallica tracks sounds mind numbing to me, but hey, other people totally love that shit. 
    My point is, no matter how you look at it, The Beatles were an integral part of music development, so they deserve something for it. If you don't like them, don't buy it. But don't say they don't deserve it.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By xyzygy

I think it fits perfectly because, compared to GH, RB has a much more alternative set list in both games.

OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By OutOfBounds9000
    @JeffGoldblum said:
    " @OutOfBounds9000 said:

and so are yours.Srs,you need to shut the fuck up,you judge my idols,you judge my thinking and thoughts.Seriously what the hell?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.