Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Beatles: Rock Band

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Sep 09, 2009

Following the Rock Band formula, The Beatles: Rock Band immerses players into the shoes of the Fab Four as they progress through their career, featuring an exclusively Beatles theme and song list.

The Beatles and Me: A Blog

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

Edited By breadfan

In response to  Ververdan0226's next topic for his weekly blogs about blogs, I have written a blog about what the Beatles mean to me and how they have impacted my life.  The topic is fitting since the Beatles Rock Band is being released tomorrow and I hope that more people take the opportunity to help out with this new 'community spotlight' section, if you will.  

While My guitar Gently Weeps:  My Take on the Beatles

The Beatles and their music have touched the lives of millions of people all over the world.   Crossing borders, languages, nationalities , and race in some ways uniting the world even just for a few minutes through one of their classic songs.    Their music has lasted the test of time and will last for many more years  to come, as new listeners discover the Beatles for the first time every day and what an experience that can be.  

I can still remember the first time I heard the Beatles when I was about twelve or thirteen years old, hearing the opening piano playing on Let It Be brought shivers down my spine and still does to this day.   It felt as if my mind had been unlocked and for the first time in my life, everything seemed to make sense.   Then came the rest of the Beatles catalog with songs like Here Comes the Sun, Octopus's Garden, Hey Jude, All You Need Is Love, and so many more that have become some of my favorite songs of all time.  

Every album seemed to be a new experience, opening your mind for the first time as if the sun was breaking through a cloudy day's sky.   I can still remember vividly where I was the first time I heard every album,   whether it be that rainy day while listening to the White Album on repeat during my early teens walking home from school or the time I learned to play my first guitar solo ever on George Harrison's Something off of the album Abbey Road, while practicing for hours in my room until I had it down perfectly. 

It seemed that the Beatles had a song for any mood you were in whether you were angry, sad, content, or cheerful there was always a song to either cheer you up or fit your feelings at the moment.   The Beatles have been there for me during some rough times in my life and could always make me forget about whatever problem was going on with the press of a button.  Now music has always been an important part of my life ever since I was a child and I have many artists and bands that have played a huge role in who I am today, but there is just something about the Beatles that make them one of the biggest influence in this way.

Each member of the Beatles brought their own style to the group with John Lennon and Paul McCartney's creativity that produced countless songs that became classics, George Harrison's guitar playing that has influenced many guitar players around today, and Ringo Starr's unique style of drumming that to the untrained ear may sound average, contains precise and tasteful fills that add to every song of the group's catalog.

The Beatles have sung about many things, but the most important being love.   All you need is love is such a positive statement that the world needed to hear during the time it was written, maybe even more so today.   The Beatles brought many people peace of mind and their music has played the role as the soundtrack to millions of peoples' lives for decades.   My friends are Beatles fans, my teachers were Beatles fans, my parents are Beatles fans, and almost everyone I know has at least one Beatles song that they love, they just had that impact on peoples' lives.

Now the Beatles are getting their own video game and possibly opening their music to a whole new group of people who may have never heard them before or are just getting into them for the first time. Personally I am not a big fan of rhythm games like Rock Band or Guitar Hero, but in the case of the Beatles the more the merrier.  If the game can get young kids into the works of the George, John, Paul, and Ringo than that is fine by me.   The world would be a much better place if everyone listened to the Beatles and what their songs had to say and take something from them, especially these days when tensions seem to be high all around the world.       

---
    Well that's it, I know some people are not big fans of the Beatles, but I at least hope that some people will be able to restrain themselves from the usual bickering that comes with a music thread on the internet.  Anyway I am going to end this blog post with my all time favorite Beatles song:  

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By breadfan

In response to  Ververdan0226's next topic for his weekly blogs about blogs, I have written a blog about what the Beatles mean to me and how they have impacted my life.  The topic is fitting since the Beatles Rock Band is being released tomorrow and I hope that more people take the opportunity to help out with this new 'community spotlight' section, if you will.  

While My guitar Gently Weeps:  My Take on the Beatles

The Beatles and their music have touched the lives of millions of people all over the world.   Crossing borders, languages, nationalities , and race in some ways uniting the world even just for a few minutes through one of their classic songs.    Their music has lasted the test of time and will last for many more years  to come, as new listeners discover the Beatles for the first time every day and what an experience that can be.  

I can still remember the first time I heard the Beatles when I was about twelve or thirteen years old, hearing the opening piano playing on Let It Be brought shivers down my spine and still does to this day.   It felt as if my mind had been unlocked and for the first time in my life, everything seemed to make sense.   Then came the rest of the Beatles catalog with songs like Here Comes the Sun, Octopus's Garden, Hey Jude, All You Need Is Love, and so many more that have become some of my favorite songs of all time.  

Every album seemed to be a new experience, opening your mind for the first time as if the sun was breaking through a cloudy day's sky.   I can still remember vividly where I was the first time I heard every album,   whether it be that rainy day while listening to the White Album on repeat during my early teens walking home from school or the time I learned to play my first guitar solo ever on George Harrison's Something off of the album Abbey Road, while practicing for hours in my room until I had it down perfectly. 

It seemed that the Beatles had a song for any mood you were in whether you were angry, sad, content, or cheerful there was always a song to either cheer you up or fit your feelings at the moment.   The Beatles have been there for me during some rough times in my life and could always make me forget about whatever problem was going on with the press of a button.  Now music has always been an important part of my life ever since I was a child and I have many artists and bands that have played a huge role in who I am today, but there is just something about the Beatles that make them one of the biggest influence in this way.

Each member of the Beatles brought their own style to the group with John Lennon and Paul McCartney's creativity that produced countless songs that became classics, George Harrison's guitar playing that has influenced many guitar players around today, and Ringo Starr's unique style of drumming that to the untrained ear may sound average, contains precise and tasteful fills that add to every song of the group's catalog.

The Beatles have sung about many things, but the most important being love.   All you need is love is such a positive statement that the world needed to hear during the time it was written, maybe even more so today.   The Beatles brought many people peace of mind and their music has played the role as the soundtrack to millions of peoples' lives for decades.   My friends are Beatles fans, my teachers were Beatles fans, my parents are Beatles fans, and almost everyone I know has at least one Beatles song that they love, they just had that impact on peoples' lives.

Now the Beatles are getting their own video game and possibly opening their music to a whole new group of people who may have never heard them before or are just getting into them for the first time. Personally I am not a big fan of rhythm games like Rock Band or Guitar Hero, but in the case of the Beatles the more the merrier.  If the game can get young kids into the works of the George, John, Paul, and Ringo than that is fine by me.   The world would be a much better place if everyone listened to the Beatles and what their songs had to say and take something from them, especially these days when tensions seem to be high all around the world.       

---
    Well that's it, I know some people are not big fans of the Beatles, but I at least hope that some people will be able to restrain themselves from the usual bickering that comes with a music thread on the internet.  Anyway I am going to end this blog post with my all time favorite Beatles song:  

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Pie

NA NA NA NA NA HEY JUDEEEEEEE (serious comment comes in 45 mins)

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By RHCPfan24

Yeah...this blog made me happy. Nice job. I can't wait for Beatles Day tomorrow, with Beatles: Rock Band already preordered and I am planning on picking up the Remasters soon. The Beatles have always had an impact on my life as well. The first album I heard from them was Revolver, with the universally known "Yellow Submarine" ingrained into my ears. But I have found other albums to be even better (my favorites are Sgt. Pepper, White Album, Rubber Soul, Abbey Road, Let It Be and Magical Mystery Tour). They really changed music as we know it. 

It is funny: I submit articles into my school newspaper that relate to music, movies and video games. I saw the adviser for the group today for the first time this school year. He was talking on his phone to someone but put the phone to his chest for a second and told me, "About the Beatles." I knew exactly what he was talking about; he wants me to write an article on them because of their recent resurgence. I will and maybe even post it here but I love the fact that everyone is talking (even more than before) about them again.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By A Likely Story
    I hadn't learned to love The Beatles until relatively recently. I had always liked them, sure, and knew a fair amount of their catalog, but once The Beatles game was unveiled I took a more intimate look into their entire discography, and I'm glad I did! One of the best musical decisions I've made in my life, for sure.

They will always be the most influential band of all time, and that's fact. Some people may not like their music (though I seriously doubt there's someone that has heard and disliked every Beatles song), but there's not denying that they were some damn talented musicians, and no one is soon to forget that.

Also, I'm in the minority that actually likes their earlier stuff more than the latter half of their career. Please Please Me and Help! are probably my top two Beatles albums, followed by A Hard Day's Night. The White Album probably follows up with number four, though. :D

@RHCPfan24: I'd love to read what you've got to say about them, so you should post it here when you are done!
    nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By nrain

I too love the Beatles, just last week I listened to the entirety of Sgt Peppers twice in a row. A good way to cheer up from the fact that the bus was incredibly late and it was pissing it down lol.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ververdan0226

Great job man. I thoroughly enjoyed the blog post. Really solid, well done. I grew up past the Beatles era, but discovering their music for the time was really  a wonderful experience for me. This blog made me happy thinking back to the times of discovering their music.  Again, well done.

I'll make sure to put it in the spotlight.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By BigBoss1911

Another great blog.I never really listened to the Beatles much when I was younger,but Iv been picking up on them alot lately.I dont think I dislike a single one of their songs.Im considering picking up one the remastered albums.Im probably going to go for the white album or abby road.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.