Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Nov 04, 2014

An enhanced remake of the original Binding of Isaac that features expanded gameplay, pixel art visuals, and a variety of other new additions - including full controller support and local asymmetric co-op.

Cross Save Issues

SomeguyJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anyone else having issues with cross save? Trying to sync on my ps4 just gives an unknown error.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@someguyjohnson: It took a little while to sync but I didn't have any issue getting the file to upload from my PS4 and then downloaded it to my Vita. Haven't tried uploading from the Vita yet though.

Are you trying to sync from in game or from outside the game? I did it in game, but if that's not working for you, you can find the save data on your PS4 and push that up.

SomeguyJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SomeguyJohnson

I've tried both; funny thing is it worked from ps4 to vita then back to ps4 over yesturday and today but then suddenly stopped.

sjoerdth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By sjoerdth

I tried to sync from inside the game on the Vita, but I also got an unknown error. Haven't tried it any other way yet because I was on the train. I wonder if it can merge the save data of both consoles since I used file 1 inside the game for both of them.

*edit

it's a known issue:

https://twitter.com/tyronerodriguez/status/530195699539783680

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried to sync back from my Vita to the PS4, no go. Hopefully they get a fix out soon.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Don't use the sync option at all right now. It's totally borked. It doesn't seem to be syncing as often as it should, so if you're playing on PS4 and sync on your PS4, it'll roll you backwards to the last sync which could be days previous. I got the Dark Boy secret and beat mom's heart using the bible last night, and when I synced after that it erased my progress. Kind of annoying, since I'll have to pick up the bible again. Tyrone Rodriguez said earlier today that there should be a patch out in a couple days. So, until then, just stick to one platform and don't use the sync option.

SomeguyJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They updated the PS4 version so that when you hit sync you get an upload and download option but it still doesn't work for me. Just gonna keep waiting I guess.

strings19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So in theory, will this merge data from both systems or would I erase the data from one or the other? I've played much more on Vita, don't want to lose that.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I had it working until yesterday. It was pretty great til it wasn't.

Also, it's a small thing but an instant sync for all these games would be super awesome.

Phoenix778m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Phoenix778m

The download/upload function doesn't work when your recent save is on the Vita. I tried manually uploading the save from Vita. It appears the sync save is separate from the cloud save. When I go to sync through the game menu it downloads a completely different file than the cloud. Then when I go to the cloud save through the ps4 it doesn't show any save for boi:rebirth in the menu. So I can't do it manually. :( Please add the upload/download function to Vita! Still a fun game though.

I should add.. at least I didn't loose the save because manually downloading the Vita cloud save I uploaded overwrites the outdated sync save.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Sync on playstation versions of the game is still not working right now. So, like I said earlier, you should STILL NOT FIDDLE WITH SYNC. It's just going to overwrite your saves with an older version if you try. Don't do it! I lost Dark Boy because of this! Now I have to do that shit again!

SomeguyJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SomeguyJohnson

Looks like the ps4 update to fix the 2.0 issues came out too, so yay!

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool. I lost some progress last night because I synced my Vita save which is the latest and it just downloaded the PS4 save instead. I had a backup on the cloud which wasn't as recent as I'd hoped but still much more recent than the PS4 save file.

Darian321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate syncing. I lost a month´s worth of progress because of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.