save game feature

#1 Posted by ManiacMaysin (375 posts) -

Is it possible to save in this game? I quit thinking that the message "are you sure you want me to die?" was just a clever way of saying "are you sure you want to exit?" But I lost all progress.

#2 Posted by Ezekeilpurger (322 posts) -

no.

#3 Posted by rmanthorp (4037 posts) -

Nope

#4 Posted by zaglis (910 posts) -

Huh?

Does this mean there is no story, overall narrative or anything of that sorts?

#5 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5287 posts) -
@zaglis said:

Huh?

Does this mean there is no story, overall narrative or anything of that sorts?

Nope. You play until you die. Then you play again.

Edit: Okay well there is a story, but it's more about running around a dungeon and finding crazy stuff.
#6 Posted by BeachThunder (12267 posts) -

I think they should do what Dredmor did and allow you to continue one after you exit the game and then wipe your save file when you die.

#7 Posted by TheMartino (136 posts) -

As the game takes ~20 minutes to get from start to final boss, no need to have a save game here.

#8 Posted by stereokill (1 posts) -

I was playing for a couple hours when the game crashed on me. Upon starting it back up I found that it lost all my collectibles and unlocked characters in the crash. FML. Anyone else run into this bug?

#9 Posted by BeachThunder (12267 posts) -

@stereokill said:

I was playing for a couple hours when the game crashed on me. Upon starting it back up I found that it lost all my collectibles and unlocked characters in the crash. FML. Anyone else run into this bug?

Far too often :(

#10 Edited by MetalBaofu (1429 posts) -

@stereokill said:

From what I've read your flash cookies are probably being deleted, which deletes the stats/collection save. There's a few posts on the steam forum about it, here's one:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2146239

Edit: Saw that the save problem and the wall glitch should be fixed in an update sometime tomorrow. Figured I would mention that here for anyone that hadn't heard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.