Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Binding of Isaac

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 28, 2011

A twisted twin-stick shooter from one of the designers of Super Meat Boy. Players take control of Isaac, a young boy who delves deep into the dungeons of his basement as he is hunted by his deranged mother.

Should I buy Wrath of the Lamb yet ?

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ares42

So I've been suddenly getting really into the game and just before the weekend got as far as unlocking ??? (killed satan about 2-3 times). I've been playing vanilla, as I've heard that the expansion makes the game harder (so getting a better grip of it before expanding could be helpful). However after getting as far as I have I'm starting to lose interest somewhat. I was thinking I'd want to unlock the d6 before expanding, but playing the blue baby is really hard =(

So, think I should go for it, or grind out the d6 first ?

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Spoonman671

I wouldn't.  It's too expensive to be worth the risk.

Olu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Olu

It's harder, but not THAT hard. WOTL adds a lot of fun shit to the game, i'd say go for it.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#4  Edited By alistercat

Just get it.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mnzy

There's way more stuff in it. Stuff is good.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Should have got it in the sale, it was like 50p. Maybe wait to see if it goes back on?

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ares42

@GunslingerPanda said:

Should have got it in the sale, it was like 50p. Maybe wait to see if it goes back on?

Hehe, it's not exactly like the price is what's been holding me back :P

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By MikkaQ

@GunslingerPanda said:

Cause 3$ is just too much.

captain_max707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By captain_max707

It is fantastic. It got me totally on board with the game again after I had spent like 40 hours playing. Just beat it for the 10th time last night!

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wrath of the lamb is amazing, and I think it is fair with how it ups the difficulty, with the amazing item combos that come with it.

Curval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Curval

If you're farming achievements then do the "Don't Take Damage" ones first. Those will be way easier to do without the WOTL content. Once those are out of the way go ahead and buy it because it's awesome.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#12  Edited By BeachThunder

If you're uncertain, look here. Personally, I'd say go for it now, if you feel experienced in playing the game (judging by what you've written, it seems like you're going pretty well).

BTW, some tips on Blue Baby

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dungbootle

That's a tough decision to make considering the $1.49 investment.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ares42

@dungbootle said:

That's a tough decision to make considering the $1.49 investment.

It usually helps to know what you're talking about when you're trying to be sarcastic :P

Anyways, I went and bought it and the difficulty is really kicking me in the balls =( First run I got hit in every room in the first floor. But I guess it's just pretty much like starting all over again. The new crying guys with bombs and Knight AI are really messing with me.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b7e78b633fd
    deactivated-64b7e78b633fd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got them both at the same time so that I would not know the difference. worked out for me.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By The_Nubster

I got them together as well, but sometimes I feel that the enemy combinations (typically the jumping spiders and huge hordes of area-of-effect enemies, as well as the alternate bosses) are just plain unfair. Going through Spelunky and Dredmor, I always felt that it was my fault that something went absolutely haywire and fucked up my run, but there are times where I get completely fucked out of an otherwise amazing run and I'm left feeling angry at the game, and everything I hate about it is from the DLC. It throws so much shit at you, and not having the ability to fire beyond the cardinal directions feels like a serious detriment to how demanding the DLC makes the game, and I really regret buying the DLC with it. I'm not enjoying it as much as I would otherwise.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ares42

@The_Nubster: Not really sure if I agree with the shooting issue, but ye there are definitely rooms in the expansion where I go "how the fuck was I supposed to do that without taking damage?". Also some of the bosses you can get in the first floors are way too strong. I've been having fun with it though, but it does sorta seem like it was mostly just a case of making things harder without too much consideration for the consequences to make it more of a crapshoot.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By The_Nubster

@Ares42: The shooting issue mainly arises from bosses like The Bloat and Krampus, who can pump out attack bullets super quickly and then engage in an instant direction attack with those huge beams of blood. Not being able to shoot diagonally, and also being punished for being in a position where your bullets can actually do damage, is kind of bullshit. It's definitely a fun game, but a lot of the time, death doesn't feel justified, and I'm left with a sour taste in my mouth.

Max422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Max422

It's worth to buy, more than a DLC, like a brand new game, and $3 is not expensive if you consider the new content.

But once you bought it you can't go back to the old one, I don't think it's harder because the new items are powerful too. More challenge, more fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.