So, i beat Mom on my first try.

  • 59 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

I'm having the damnedest time even getting to her with Judas. I beat her with all three of the regular characters, but Judas is just too slow for success. I even had to switch from full controller to WASD for movement (more accurate than a d-pad) and just use the controller's face buttons shooting.
 
She's absolute cake with the Bible, but I almost never luck into it.

#52 Posted by Winternet (8012 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:

I'm having the damnedest time even getting to her with Judas. I beat her with all three of the regular characters, but Judas is just too slow for success. I even had to switch from full controller to WASD for movement (more accurate than a d-pad) and just use the controller's face buttons shooting. She's absolute cake with the Bible, but I almost never luck into it.

Bah, Bible is overrated.

Maybe because I've done it quite a few times, but Mom isn't that difficult. Just stay in the center and step aside when you see the shadow. The last times I played I took either no hits or one hit.

#53 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Winternet said:

@MrKlorox said:

I'm having the damnedest time even getting to her with Judas. I beat her with all three of the regular characters, but Judas is just too slow for success. I even had to switch from full controller to WASD for movement (more accurate than a d-pad) and just use the controller's face buttons shooting. She's absolute cake with the Bible, but I almost never luck into it.

Bah, Bible is overrated.

Maybe because I've done it quite a few times, but Mom isn't that difficult. Just stay in the center and step aside when you see the shadow. The last times I played I took either no hits or one hit.

Her heart is harder than her because she summons that weird eye-things.
#54 Posted by Winternet (8012 posts) -

@MikeGosot: The Parasites? Or the the laser ones? Only thing you have to do is take care of them first. After that it's easier than Mom.

#55 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Winternet said:

@MikeGosot: The Parasites? Or the the laser ones? Only thing you have to do is take care of them first. After that it's easier than Mom.

Laser ones. I only got to her heart once and with ONE heart, so, before i could kill them, they killed me.
#56 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Yeah, the heart is definitely easier than regular ass Mom.

#57 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
Yeah, the heart is definitely easier than regular ass Mom.
Because you can shoot at it more often i think, and her heart has attacks that suck ass.
#58 Posted by Winternet (8012 posts) -

Well, when you get to the Heart if you have been playing well, you're pretty powerful. Just stay in one side and avoid the bombs it throws.

#59 Posted by GeneralZod37 (260 posts) -

So far I have beaten Mom 11 times, beaten Sheol thrice. (Cain, Isaac, and Judas)

During my last attempt with Maggy I was set; I had Mom's Knife, Mom's Bra, the 9 volt battery, Mom's Contact, the relic, and 10 hearts coming into Sheol. But of course I had to go through the entire level before I found out where the Boss Room was. No one dropped a heart (I'm sure that's on purpose for the level.) I was still pretty confident, I mean that is a pretty nice line of power ups there. I have been killing all the bosses leading up to it before Mom's Bra could even wear off. But nope, I died. Haven't touch the game since.

#60 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@GeneralZod37 said:

So far I have beaten Mom 11 times, beaten Sheol thrice. (Cain, Isaac, and Judas)

During my last attempt with Maggy I was set; I had Mom's Knife, Mom's Bra, the 9 volt battery, Mom's Contact, the relic, and 10 hearts coming into Sheol. But of course I had to go through the entire level before I found out where the Boss Room was. No one dropped a heart (I'm sure that's on purpose for the level.) I was still pretty confident, I mean that is a pretty nice line of power ups there. I have been killing all the bosses leading up to it before Mom's Bra could even wear off. But nope, I died. Haven't touch the game since.

If you have The Lovers card, you can save them for the Womb, as the card drop 2 hearts when activated.  I usually prefer Soul Hearts since i make many Pacts with the Devil, but still, The Lover is a good card for times like these.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.