Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Binding of Isaac

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 28, 2011

A twisted twin-stick shooter from one of the designers of Super Meat Boy. Players take control of Isaac, a young boy who delves deep into the dungeons of his basement as he is hunted by his deranged mother.

Unfortunate Item combinations.

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#1  Edited By D_W

This thread is for those items combinations that you get that are interesting, but just don't work well together. 

I just had a really terrible item combo. Explosive Tears and My Reflection. Basically meant I was filling the screen with green bombs that would never fall to the ground. Made the game impossible, but was kind of funny.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By BeachThunder

My reflection is never particularly good.

Also, not exactly something that's a terrible combination, but it seems that there's a lot of redundancy (especially since the DLC). For example, I've stacked 4 items that have given me the ability to fly =/

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By hbkdx12
    @BeachThunder said:

My reflection is never particularly good. 

Pretty much. I wouldn't hate it if it didn't effectively cut your range in half

Mom's knife and tech 2 is completely broken in that the laser has no effect when your using mom's knife.

Ipecac (on it's own) seemed nice at first. Kind of like an alternative to Dr. Fetus but it quickly got annoying

1) the arc is a pain in terms of effectively lining up shots
    2) It'll explode in your face if your standing too close to something when you throw it

Figured if i combine it with the ouija board that atleast number 2 wouldn't be an issue anymore. Wrong. For whatever reason ipecac doesn't respond like it should with spectral tears.
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#4  Edited By BeachThunder
    @hbkdx12 said:
    Ipecac (on it's own) seemed nice at first.
    Honestly, if you're careful, it can be one of the best items in the game (it helps if you also have a familiar that can shoot normally.)
    D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#5  Edited By D_W

Yeah. It can be really useful when combined with other items, but I always dread picking it up.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By hbkdx12
    @BeachThunder: It certainly is powerful but for me personally, having to compensate for the arc is frustrating especially when you have enemies rushing you. 

Plus, because of it's arc, it's probably the one item where if you have either too much range or not enough, you're screwed.

I hate how they nerfed Technology 2. It was strong and it certainly needed nerfing but i don't like the fact that they did it by having it significantly reduce your damage stat. It basically becomes a handicap if your someone like judas or got some damage buffs before hand.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.