Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 19, 2015

The third game in the Unwritten Tales adventure game series.

Watch out for a save ruining bug *update: bug patched*

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By BBAlpert

*edit: The bug has supposedly been fixed with a recent patch*

I've been adoring the game so far, but I ran into what is apparently a known game-ending bug. Luckily, I had a backup save from maybe an hour earlier (which only took about 15 minutes to get through the second time, knowing what to do).

But late in chapter 2, you have 2 items (we'll say "A", "B", and "C" for the sake of not spoiling things) that you need to use at a specific location ("D"). If you use A at D, then you can use B on A, and then use C on B. That works fine, that's how it's supposed to work. HOWEVER, the game will let you use A and B together in your inventory. DO NOT DO THIS! If you do that, when you use what SHOULD be the A/B combination at D, the game registers it as just having used A by itself. In other words, you lose item B, which means you have nothing to use item C on, which means you can't go any further in the game.

Specific details (what A, B, and D are): This happens right near the end of chapter 2, when you're in the caves as Wilbur. The second time you use a rope on a pipe (the first being when you escape N8's trap), you have to use the rope on the pipe over by the coal seam, THEN use the bag of sand on the hanging rope. If you do that, then the bag will be shown hanging from the rope, and you can do stuff to it. If you combine the rope and the bag of sand in your inventory, the bag will NOT be there when you hang up the rope (and you don't have a second bag, so you're boned).

I feel like this series deserves more credit than it gets, so it'd be a real shame for some of the people that DO give it a chance to get their experience wrecked by such a stupid bug.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wow, that sucks. Good on you for providing a heads-up to anyone who happens to see this thread. Hope Vinny catches this since I wager he would play this game. Hope they patch this ASAP.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Apparently it's been fixed with a patch that just came out (and I guess it happened in chapter 3, not chapter 2, according to the patch notes)

http://steamcommunity.com/games/bout2/announcements/detail/177103545123895395

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.