E3 2011 trailer

#1 Posted by Ocean_H (290 posts) -

#2 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5145 posts) -

Those aliens look amazing, not sure if the gameplay would be anything above average though.

#3 Posted by rmanthorp (3965 posts) -

Hmm... looks interesting!

#4 Posted by zombie2011 (4973 posts) -

looks good for a game thats still a year out. 

#5 Posted by Barrock (3537 posts) -

Eh... I'm not sure. I really enjoyed the earlier coverage where it made the game look like less of a straight up shooter and more like something similar to Bioshock. 

#6 Edited by gike987 (1758 posts) -

Wish they could just have made a new tactical x-com game instead (not that it has to play exactly like the first). The art style look fine but everything else made it look like an really average FPS.

#7 Posted by CptBedlam (4453 posts) -

Awesome scenario and art style ... and all of it dragged down by what seems to be utterly forgettable gameplay.

#8 Posted by PenguinDust (12533 posts) -
@CptBedlam said:
Awesome scenario and art style ... and all of it dragged down by what seems to be utterly forgettable gameplay.
I'm in agreement with this comment.  This trailer makes it look like just another run-of-the-mill shooter.  Considering the franchise's pedigree, I was hoping for something more. 
#9 Posted by Twisted_Scot (1180 posts) -

So the Husks form Mass Effect invaded the world of Tron and returned to destroy earth in the 50s leading to the apocalypse that forced people into underground vaults and caused them to build rapture? It all makes sense now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.