Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 08, 2013

A third-person, squad-based, tactical game that recounts humanity's first contact with aliens during the Cold War in the 1960s, and the subsequent founding of the XCOM organization.

Getting worried...

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Cincaid

So it's been months and months since we last heard anything about this game. Brad did an interview back at E3 last year, and since then it's been radio silence. I tried finding news on their official website, 2K's website, and other gaming news websites, but there's no info anywhere to be found.

Should we be worried this title might get canned? Or am I being a pussy worrying over nothing?

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Daveyo520
    @CrazyChris: The latter. 
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel

There's nothing unusual about developers not talking about their games for months at a time.  Now, if E3 2011 comes and goes, and nary a peep is made of XCOM, then there might be something to ponder.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I agree with Hailinel, this isn't that strange at all. Many games are revealed at events like E3 and then we hear very little of them until the developer has the game in a state where it's fit for showing off.

aleryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By aleryn

Chill dude, it's likely just in that blackout between announcement, and a good beta to report on.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Cincaid
    @Hailinel:@Gamer_152:@Aleryn: 

Yeah you're right. I just really liked what I saw and heard of it, so it's very frustrating not getting anymore info for so long. :)
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Jimbo

They'll talk about Spec Ops after LA Noire is out, and XCOM after Spec Ops is out.  Spec Ops for early August, XCOM for early 2012.  This year is saturated.  I reckon they have a very promising franchise on their hands with XCOM if they give it the time it needs and don't throw it under the bus at the end of 2011.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.