Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Cat Lady

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 07, 2012

A violent, grisly, and macabre tale from designer R. Michalski, the creator of the adventure game Downfall. The player controls Susan Ashworth, renowned ailurophile, and on the precipice of suicide. Throughout the game she shall encounter five psychopaths, collectively known as "The Parasites".

Game is now on Steam

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Seriously, this game doesn't get nearly the attention it deserves. It deals with the hardships of living with depression in a mature manner and features one of the best female protagonists in gaming. Honestly, this is something Patrick Kleplek would go nuts over if he were to check it out. It's something depressing and macabre for the holiday season.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Every time I hear the words cat lady I think of the lady who throws cats at people from the Simpsons and that weird old lady who used to go to my local super market and always smelt like cat piss.

m3ds334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hey thanks for bringing this up. This looks pretty interesting.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, I just got a code for this game from the publisher as a Christmas present and I already have it on Steam. Is there someone who would really like to play this game?

I know there is a lot of people who probably wouldn't mind owning the game, but I'd like give the code to someone who is actually going to play it because it is amazing.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ShaggE

I've been hoping Patrick would play this for almost a year now. It is just so, so good. In fact, I'll tag @patrickklepek again just in case. I'd love to hear his thoughts on it.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zaccheus

@shagge said:

I've been hoping Patrick would play this for almost a year now. It is just so, so good. In fact, I'll tag @patrickklepek again just in case. I'd love to hear his thoughts on it.

I have spammed his PM box twice with this now too... I feel a bit shitty about it, but this is such a Patrick game it's insane that he hasn't played it.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Could you folks comment on the horror in the game. Is it like jump scares and sudden loud sounds and stuff, or more just unsettling and eerie.

I'm really interested in this game, but I hate shit popping out at me unless it's strictly a horror experience (which this obviously isn't). Thanks!

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshwent said:

Could you folks comment on the horror in the game. Is it like jump scares and sudden loud sounds and stuff, or more just unsettling and eerie.

I'm really interested in this game, but I hate shit popping out at me unless it's strictly a horror experience (which this obviously isn't). Thanks!

As I remember there isn't much jump scares in the game. It's definitely not a horror game. It's more sad and unsettling in it's themes than anything else. There is one very jumpy thing early in the game which I thought was excellent. Apart from that one instance I really don't remember anything else like that.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I got this on GOG and had to stop because it triggered a lot of personal stuff. I hope I can go back and finish it when I'm in a better mindset.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zaccheus

I got this on GOG and had to stop because it triggered a lot of personal stuff. I hope I can go back and finish it when I'm in a better mindset.

Yeah... It's not an easy game to play, but very rewarding. You should finish it because it actually offers some solace. Although I think there are different endings.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Interesting. Going to look out for this one, thanks guys.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zaccheus

Screw it, whoever gets it first:

No Caption Provided

Tedtded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This game is really interesting.

WesleyWyndam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By zaccheus
    GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By GaspoweR

AH HA!!! SO ALL OF YOU ARE @patrickklepek GAME SUGGESTION SPAMMERS!!! YOU ARE ALL GUILTY!!! SPAMMERS!!!! :D

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does this involve black magic, freaky-assed cults, and/or aliens? Inquiring minds want to know.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vuud said:

Does this involve black magic, freaky-assed cults, and/or aliens? Inquiring minds want to know.

It has a supernatural premise, but it's not the main focus.

fullmetal5550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Great game. Absolutely love it. Susan Ashworth and Mitzi Hunt are two of my new favorite game characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.