Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Cave

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jan 22, 2013

A new platforming-adventure game from Double Fine and famed designer Ron Gilbert, which has the player traversing a sentient, talking cave and solving puzzles co-operatively.

Help with time traveler (spoilers)

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Wuddel

So I am stuck in the time travelers section. I killed the dinosaur. But now I am worried that I did not take the bucket with me (from the mine cart section) to get the oil. Can I still finish. Got time traveler, adventurer and scientist.

Meepasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Meepasaurus

You don't need the old bucket to finish this section. The design of one of the puzzles here has been throwing a lot of people off. You probably have the right solution in mind, but you need to still be holding onto the object when you switch characters. Hopefully that's enough of a hint!

DocPorpoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DocPorpoise

i got stuck here too, i think Patrick did as well here's what you have to do:;

go to the section with the rolling boulder (in the past) there's water dripping on in it. push it to the right and make sure the character is still gripping it when you switch to another character in the present. there should be a well there now. if there is when you go to the future there will be a bucket in the museum that you can use.
    Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#4  Edited By Kidavenger

I just finished the game, this was the only part I got stuck on, I knew what I needed to do, just didn't get that one stupid catch.

saethir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By saethir

Haha, yeah I was stuck in the same exact spot for a bit, not realizing that you had to switch while still holding on.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Wuddel

Oh got thanks guys I was trying to get rocks to the round boulder or something like that. Thats really offputting way to solve it.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Kerned

Holy shit, fuck that. I tried that solution, more or less, but I just had the other character standing in front of the boulder to block it, rather than actually be in the "move" animation. What shit design.

Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bravestar

I did the right thing first(characters were doing it, but I wasn't holding the button) and it didn't work. I spent like an hour running around looking for an alternative solution and then went online to see what to do.

@Kerned said:

What shit design.

Indeed.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#9  Edited By BeachThunder

Ah, for some reason, I kept the bucket with me, so the boulder area really confused me. I was actually thinking that the game would spawn another bucket if you didn't take one with you...I guess I was wrong...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.