Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Cave

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jan 22, 2013

A new platforming-adventure game from Double Fine and famed designer Ron Gilbert, which has the player traversing a sentient, talking cave and solving puzzles co-operatively.

"This disc is unreadable"?

CarpetRemnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By CarpetRemnant

Hey, so there I was playing, and enjoying, the cave. I just finished the time traveller section and got frustrated at the same part I'm sure everyone does and found a new cave painting. I looked at it, looked at some others I'd found and the tried to back out to the game again. The whole thing locked up and my only choice was to turn off the console (360). When I re-loaded the game everything was fine until I selected 'continue game'. Where an error message popped up that says "This disc is unreadable. 1. Clean the disc with a soft cloth 2. Restart the console"
    Any ideas how I can apply a soft cloth to a metaphorical disc?
    I restarted the console and it still has the error message, frustrating because I had done the puzzles for each of my 3 characters so assume I was near the end...

phonicpod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By phonicpod

We have exactly the same problem. Same section and everything,,!, I guess it's a bug?!

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By buft

hmm i was gonna say hard drive corruption but if is having the exact same issue i would say bug

xMEGADETHxSLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xMEGADETHxSLY

Bug, game is really buggy and framerate drops are constant. Hopefully it gets patched

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

You need to pull the disc out of the tray, then use something like a microfiber cloth to wipe the back of it off. Make sure there aren't any type of deep scratches or a crack forming on the inner ring. This could cause the problem as well.

O___________O

phonicpod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By phonicpod

Uh.. It's a Xbla title, and is download only. Its very hard to clean a non existent disc. :/

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By Hailinel

@phonicpod said:

Uh.. It's a Xbla title, and is download only. Its very hard to clean a non existent disc. :/

That's the joke.

TwoArmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TwoArmed

Try clearing your cache each time before you play it? That's what I had to do with the digital version of Sonic Generations on 360.

Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Pudge

Try cleaning a blank CD in front of the Kinect and see if your Xbox approves.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Vextroid

@Hailinel said:

@phonicpod said:

That's the joke.

What a weird error for a downloadable game. Re-downloading and/or clearing the cache might work?

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Warfare

@Pudge said:

Try cleaning a blank CD in front of the Kinect and see if your Xbox approves.

Bravo!

CarpetRemnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By CarpetRemnant

I deleted my save and played through to the same point fairly speedily. An annoying and confusing bug though. Hope it doesn't happen again though cause I'm a little over halfway to seeing every ending for every character and losing a save now would...be sad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.