Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Conduit

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jun 23, 2009

The Conduit is a futuristic first-person shooter developed by High Voltage Software exclusively for the Nintendo Wii. The game makes use of High Voltage Software's proprietary, Wii-specific Quantum3 game engine.

2009: The Wii powers on again

Fantastical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Fantastical

Many people would agree that the Wii has been a bit of  a let down as of late. Overall, 2008 was not a great year for software on the Wii, with very few standout titles. Sure, there were some exceptions, such as No More Heroes and Super Smash Brothers Brawl, but for a lot of gamers, the Wii barely saw any playing time. 2009, though, has some really stand out titles. Let's look a few of them.

MadWorld

MadWorld is probably the game that most hardcore Wii owners are looking forward to. It comes from the prominent developer Platinum Games, of God Hand and Okami fame. With a background like that, anything coming from this developer would be rightfully hyped up, but it also helps that this looks freaking badass. It's a complete blood fest of epic proportions. It's got chainsaws, the removal of internal organs, decapitation, and signs through the head. If early impressinos and videos are anything to go by, this game is going ot be one that all Wii owners (of proper age) will need to play. The game is being published by SEGA and the release date is set for March 10, 2009.

Sin and Punishment 2

No Caption Provided
    The original Sin and Punishment  was first released on the Nintendo 64. The game received a cult following as it was not released in the USA, originally. The game was eventually released on the Wii's Virtual Console. Sin and Punishment 2 was shown off at Nintendo's fall conference in October. Although not much is known about the game, trailers have shown that the protagonist from the first game is in this one, and the game has the same basic gameplay, but takes advantage of the Wii's pointer. It certainly does look promising, and coming from Treasure, I suspect we won't be disappointed. The game doesn't have a release date but will probably hit sometime in the last half of 2009.

House of the Dead: Overkill

No Caption Provided
    House of the Dead has made an appearance on the Wii before, in the form of a port of both 2 and 3 in one game. Now, Headstrong Games and SEGA have taken it upon themselves to give Wii owners a brand new game in the series, one that isn't in arcades... yet.Overkill takes its name seriously in that it does everything in an over-the-top, grindhouse fashion with its buckets of blood, corny dialogue, and the dropping of F-bombs all over the place. This game brings to the series a whole new style that hasn't been done before and changes up the formul a bit. However, it is stillt he House of the Dead that we all dumped hundreds of quarters in at the arcade. Overkill hit stoers last week.

The Conduit

No Caption Provided
    High Voltage Software is doing something pretty ambitious for the Wii: trying to make a game that looks graphically impressive on the Wii. I know, shocker, right? Well, those crazy guys are on a mission to create the most technically advanced game on the Wii. Not only that, they hope to make the best controlling first person shooter on the Wii, with fully customizable... well everything (including the HUD, where you can drag, drop, and delete certain things on the HUD). First person shooters are a rather sparse genre on the Wii, with the two best being Metroid Prime 3 and Medal of Honor: Heroes 2. Whether The Conduit turns out to be an impressive game in its own right is still up in the air, but this is a solid effort from the small studio. Check out The Conduit sometime in June.

Little King's Story

No Caption Provided
    Chances are that you just read this title and thought "I've never heard of this game". Well, if you did, that's a shame because it looks like something that could be really great, and is personally one my most wanted games of 2009. In Little King's Story, you take on the role of a young boy who has just become in possession of a kingdom. The game is a cross between Pikmin and SimCity in that you just manage your town, and attack and defend your town using your town people. One of the most impressive things that the developers have talked about is the extensive AI system of the citizens. Each citizen remembers jobs, paths to places, deaths, events that happened, and more. Citizens will react to certain things that depending on what happeend in a certain place. Little King Story sports a cute art style and should be on shelves sometime in May.

And these are just five of the great games coming to the Wii, here are some others include: Deadly Creatures, Punch-Out, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers, Monster Hunter 3, Overlord: Dark Legend, Boom Blox: Bash Party, Endless Ocean 2, Trace Memory 2, Rune Factory, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, and more!

Fantastical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Fantastical

Many people would agree that the Wii has been a bit of  a let down as of late. Overall, 2008 was not a great year for software on the Wii, with very few standout titles. Sure, there were some exceptions, such as No More Heroes and Super Smash Brothers Brawl, but for a lot of gamers, the Wii barely saw any playing time. 2009, though, has some really stand out titles. Let's look a few of them.

MadWorld

MadWorld is probably the game that most hardcore Wii owners are looking forward to. It comes from the prominent developer Platinum Games, of God Hand and Okami fame. With a background like that, anything coming from this developer would be rightfully hyped up, but it also helps that this looks freaking badass. It's a complete blood fest of epic proportions. It's got chainsaws, the removal of internal organs, decapitation, and signs through the head. If early impressinos and videos are anything to go by, this game is going ot be one that all Wii owners (of proper age) will need to play. The game is being published by SEGA and the release date is set for March 10, 2009.

Sin and Punishment 2

No Caption Provided
    The original Sin and Punishment  was first released on the Nintendo 64. The game received a cult following as it was not released in the USA, originally. The game was eventually released on the Wii's Virtual Console. Sin and Punishment 2 was shown off at Nintendo's fall conference in October. Although not much is known about the game, trailers have shown that the protagonist from the first game is in this one, and the game has the same basic gameplay, but takes advantage of the Wii's pointer. It certainly does look promising, and coming from Treasure, I suspect we won't be disappointed. The game doesn't have a release date but will probably hit sometime in the last half of 2009.

House of the Dead: Overkill

No Caption Provided
    House of the Dead has made an appearance on the Wii before, in the form of a port of both 2 and 3 in one game. Now, Headstrong Games and SEGA have taken it upon themselves to give Wii owners a brand new game in the series, one that isn't in arcades... yet.Overkill takes its name seriously in that it does everything in an over-the-top, grindhouse fashion with its buckets of blood, corny dialogue, and the dropping of F-bombs all over the place. This game brings to the series a whole new style that hasn't been done before and changes up the formul a bit. However, it is stillt he House of the Dead that we all dumped hundreds of quarters in at the arcade. Overkill hit stoers last week.

The Conduit

No Caption Provided
    High Voltage Software is doing something pretty ambitious for the Wii: trying to make a game that looks graphically impressive on the Wii. I know, shocker, right? Well, those crazy guys are on a mission to create the most technically advanced game on the Wii. Not only that, they hope to make the best controlling first person shooter on the Wii, with fully customizable... well everything (including the HUD, where you can drag, drop, and delete certain things on the HUD). First person shooters are a rather sparse genre on the Wii, with the two best being Metroid Prime 3 and Medal of Honor: Heroes 2. Whether The Conduit turns out to be an impressive game in its own right is still up in the air, but this is a solid effort from the small studio. Check out The Conduit sometime in June.

Little King's Story

No Caption Provided
    Chances are that you just read this title and thought "I've never heard of this game". Well, if you did, that's a shame because it looks like something that could be really great, and is personally one my most wanted games of 2009. In Little King's Story, you take on the role of a young boy who has just become in possession of a kingdom. The game is a cross between Pikmin and SimCity in that you just manage your town, and attack and defend your town using your town people. One of the most impressive things that the developers have talked about is the extensive AI system of the citizens. Each citizen remembers jobs, paths to places, deaths, events that happened, and more. Citizens will react to certain things that depending on what happeend in a certain place. Little King Story sports a cute art style and should be on shelves sometime in May.

And these are just five of the great games coming to the Wii, here are some others include: Deadly Creatures, Punch-Out, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers, Monster Hunter 3, Overlord: Dark Legend, Boom Blox: Bash Party, Endless Ocean 2, Trace Memory 2, Rune Factory, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, and more!

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By shadows_kill

im still not that excited for it this year... if i do turn mine on ill probable be playing fire emblem or mario kart wii..

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Arkthemaniac

The Wii's lineup is huge for 09.

Fantastical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fantastical

@shadows_kill
    Have you really checked out the games in depth? I think a lot of people just don't know about a lot of great looking titles for the Wii, and they get overlooked.

@Arthemaniac
    I agree. Big difference from last year.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shadows_kill
    Fantastical said:
    "@shadows_kill
    Have you really checked out the games in depth? I think a lot of people just don't know about a lot of great looking titles for the Wii, and they get overlooked.
    "
    i can say that no i have not looked at the games very much but only ones that i can say that stand out are no more heros, mad world (even tho it may hurt my eyes :P), and ninty first party stuff and maybe the contuit... just i prefer the ps3 games i have.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Arkthemaniac

No More Heroes: Desparate Struggle comes out in '10. Sorry, homes.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shadows_kill
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "No More Heroes: Desparate Struggle comes out in '10. Sorry, homes."
    im actualy talking about the 1st 1 :P never bought it
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    shadows_kill said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    im actualy talking about the 1st 1 :P never bought it"
    OMG!!!!!!
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By shadows_kill
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    OMG!!!!!!"
    i know :P i should since its only 15$ now >_>
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    shadows_kill said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    OMG!!!!!!"
    i know :P i should since its only 15$ now >_>"
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
    Seriously!?! Damn, pick that up!
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By shadows_kill
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    OMG!!!!!!"
    i know :P i should since its only 15$ now >_>"
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
    Seriously!?! Damn, pick that up!
    "
    give me a ride to gamestop i will :)

or i'll pick it up when i get killzone 2 :P
    Fantastical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fantastical

Yeah, at $15 that's definitely a steal.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By shadows_kill

Hey is there any info on a pikman 3? that would get me on my ninty wii :P

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Just that it's in the works. It's bound to use the basic control scheme found in the Wiimake of Pikmin, so checking that out would give you the closest thing to a hand-s on or even a first look as anyone else.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By shadows_kill

wiimake :S looks like i missed some things..

Fantastical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fantastical

Pikmin 3 was announced by Miyamoto at a closed meeting at E3.
    New Control Play Pikmin 1 and 2 are also coming out. IGN said that the games controls are how they should have originally been. I've never played Pikmin so I'm going to check those out whenever they are avaliable.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bullet_Jr

2009 is going to be another great year for gaming, particularly on the Wii.

Fantastical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fantastical

@Bullet_Jr
    I know what you mean. My wallets going to be hurting. :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.