As of now, do you see yourself buying The Conduit?

#1 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
#2 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

Yes or no. None of that, "I'll wait for reviews," crap. If it were released, and review sites didn't exist, would you get this?

#3 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

I have no reason to be interested in The Conduit!

#4 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Totally not.

#5 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

Not immediately...I'll wait a few months until I can find it used and cheap-

#6 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
#7 Posted by Icemael (6343 posts) -

Nope.

#8 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -

As of now, no. Too many other games that interest me at the moment.

#9 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

Nopeasarusrex.

#10 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3707 posts) -

Its the best FPS experience on the Wii!
Good thing I have a 360 and can play better games.

#11 Posted by Inf225 (503 posts) -

Nope... that game looks kinda lame...

#12 Posted by Kiemoe (1056 posts) -

I'm interested, but not enough to buy it. Sometimes I wonder what Reggie thinks we mean when we say "hardcore games"

#13 Posted by MKHavoc (1307 posts) -

No, I have no interest in the game.  Especially since I won't have reviews to look to.  If that were always the case, I'd play a lot less games.

#14 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -
@JeffGoldblum said:
" Its the best FPS experience on the Wii!
 I don't think it will be better than World At War.

Topic: No, probably not. I will try it, and I will have a go at the multiplayer, but it just isn't the type of game I play the console for. In fact, it generally isn't the type of game I play.

If it had M+ support, however, that would've been a different story altogether.

#15 Posted by Alex_V (615 posts) -

I would rent. Without reviews or some sort of guidance on purchases, I wouldn't just buy any title.

#16 Posted by c_rakestraw (853 posts) -

Nope. I'm thinking of renting it though. But I definitely don't see myself buying it anytime soon -- or at all for that matter.

#17 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -

Not really, the whole setting just does not do it for me.

#18 Posted by super_machine (1931 posts) -

Nope, ouch, there are a lot of noes.

#19 Posted by TooWalrus (13243 posts) -

I don't see myself buying a Wii to play a FPS that I know nothing about, so no.

#20 Posted by damnboyadvance (4061 posts) -
@Kiemoe: Hey, it's not Reggie's fault. Remember, it's being published by Sega, right?
#21 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1891 posts) -

Yes....no wait!

#22 Posted by Kiemoe (1056 posts) -
@damnboyadvance said:
" @Kiemoe: Hey, it's not Reggie's fault. Remember, it's being published by Sega, right? "
Well no, but at E3 he was saying "You guys thought Nintendo didn't care about Hardcore? Well HOO-AH!!!!!" Well maybe he didn't say exactly that. But hardcore in my book is a game for more of our audience, and he was showing a lot of "Bro, check out the blooooood!" stuff. I don't need extreme violence for a quality game, you know? I can enjoy Mario and still call that a hardcore game. But I totally am interested in Dead Space Extraction, and it's not like The Conduit was bad.
#23 Posted by damnboyadvance (4061 posts) -
@Kiemoe said:
" @damnboyadvance said:
" @Kiemoe: Hey, it's not Reggie's fault. Remember, it's being published by Sega, right? "
Well no, but at E3 he was saying "You guys thought Nintendo didn't care about Hardcore? Well HOO-AH!!!!!" Well maybe he didn't say exactly that. But hardcore in my book is a game for more of our audience, and he was showing a lot of "Bro, check out the blooooood!" stuff. I don't need extreme violence for a quality game, you know? I can enjoy Mario and still call that a hardcore game. But I totally am interested in Dead Space Extraction, and it's not like The Conduit was bad.
"
Exactly. And I'm a little mad that some "hardcore" games Reggie showed weren't even his. He was showing off products from Sega and stuff, which seemed to be a problem because then Nintendo themselves didn't have too many hardcore games.
#24 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

If you agree with thequote then they had two hardcore games, two Mario games that is. Then they also had Sin & Punishment 2, Monado, and games that appeal to both types. How many can one company make (or fund), knowing they're hard at work on Pikmin 3 and the next Zelda?

As for showing third party games, uh, isn't the lack of support for third parties one of the issues people have with them? Now they advertise some they're bashed for it? They also showed Square's The Crystal Bearers if these weren't your cup of tea...

#25 Posted by carlthenimrod (1597 posts) -

I have no interest in it. I hate the idea of motion controls for shooters. Having to constantly have my arm extended at the screen doesn't seem very relaxing to me.

#26 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
@carlthenimrod said:
" I have no interest in it. I hate the idea of motion controls for shooters. Having to constantly have my arm extended at the screen doesn't seem very relaxing to me. "
Seriously? Have you even - properly - played a Wii game of this nature? That is not how you play FPS titles (or even most any title, other than lightgun shooters) on it... I can see how it would be annoying. The developers of such games saw it first though, so it's never been an issue.
#27 Edited by Knives (711 posts) -

Probably not for $50, but I never planned to. It looks interesting, and I'd probably have fun. Shooters are still a dime a dozen and I'm not thirsty for more. My money is saved for Little King's Story, at the moment.

#28 Posted by Milkman (17073 posts) -

Absolutely not.

#29 Posted by DrRandle (1205 posts) -

Yeah I'm in. I like to support games that I think are at least trying to do something right. Plus I love a good sci-fi shooter, and Wii controls are sooo good for FPS's.

#30 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -

I am inded going to buy it. I need an FPS for my Wii! 

#31 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

NEVER.

#32 Posted by ThomasP (1661 posts) -
@JeffGoldblum said:
" Its the best FPS experience on the Wii!Good thing I have a 360 and can play better games. "
It always makes me laugh when I read little remarks like this.

Similar fanboy rebuttal... sure you could play a better shooter on your 360, but everyone knows the best FPS experiences are found on PC.
#33 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

Hell no. This game fell pray to the deadly hype machine. It is a decent enough game, but I have no interest in this when more robust games are available, albeit not on the Wii.

#34 Posted by Hilbert (349 posts) -

I didn't even know the game existed, until they told me about it on the bombcast.

#35 Posted by C2C (855 posts) -

Nope, played a bit of it and though it was overall "meh" with the exception of the controls.  Those were just horrible from what I played.

#36 Posted by papercut (3516 posts) -

why would i do that when i could be playing fps on consoles that are strait up better?

#37 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -
@ThomasP: No, it all depends on your preference, there is no fact on which console has the best controls for the shooter, it's all preference. Your response has as much fanboyism in it as the other response...

As of now no, the quick look very mediocre.
#38 Posted by Akeldama (4253 posts) -

not a chance 

#39 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

No because:
A) I dont have a Wii
B) Without gaming sites:
A1) The world would end without Giantbomb and crew
B1) I wouldn't know about the Conduit.

#40 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -

I'm not getting it, The Conduit looks average at best.

#41 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -

I'm not a big fps fan.

#42 Posted by ThomasP (1661 posts) -
@Death_Unicorn said:
" @ThomasP: No, it all depends on your preference, there is no fact on which console has the best controls for the shooter, it's all preference. Your response has as much fanboyism in it as the other response...As of now no, the quick look very mediocre. "
I realize that. It was supposed to have fanboyism in it; hence the "similar fanboy rebuttal" statement. I totally agree. It's all about preference. I was just making that statement to showcase his fanboyism, but from the other point of view.
#43 Posted by robbob88 (326 posts) -

I wish I never bought the game. It is soooo bland and un-interesting that it makes me want to blow my brains out when I play the game.
#44 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

Nope, I'll buying the Metroid Prime pack instead. 

#45 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2996 posts) -

why would you do that to yourself?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.