Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Conduit

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jun 23, 2009

The Conduit is a futuristic first-person shooter developed by High Voltage Software exclusively for the Nintendo Wii. The game makes use of High Voltage Software's proprietary, Wii-specific Quantum3 game engine.

More of The Conduit

• 62 results
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Al3xand3r

Exactly, it's a Conduit thread, of course some people in here will like it. If that upsets you, don't visit Conduit threads. That was my point which you oh so cleverly took out of the quote. Now would please stop derailing the thread with false personal accusations? What "rage" and "berating"  did you experience? Did I accuse you, or did I try to make you like something you clearly do not? I only retaliated against trolls that go all "sell your Wii" and then claim all they have said is "facts" and nothing more. How would you miss that yet see "berating" from my side, then claim such trolls did nothing but say "if this game was coming to PS3/360/PC the hype would be significantly less" which is blatant lying? Is urging me to buy or sell anything a "fact" I somehow miss, and how does it translate into what you say?

As for your specific claims about hype, I never even disputed such a statement in any "raging" or "berating" manner other than bringing up another "generic" looking shooter which did get hype on a HD system, showing that statement may not be 100% true after all, based on historic fact than mere assumptions. You guessed it, that "hyped" yet "generic" shooter was Haze. I bring it up because it shows "generic" doesn't equal "no hype"regardless of platform. If people have the same arguments, I have the same responses. That's "berating" now?

As for hype, I don't even follow it, for this or any other game, whether it's considered B or AAA or whatever. I post new information and videos, never making claims like "omg best gaem evar" or "holy crap that looks so good dude" since I know none of this is true, for a Wii game or as a game of any platform, as I'm primarily a PC gamer. But hey, my opinion of it is generally positive so I must be a Wii fanboy that grasps at straws and calls shitty games awesome AAA material, yeah? Um, no, my expectations are well defined and toned down. I hope for a solid game, and may or may not get that. So, there's no argument here, is there? Only a difference of opinion. I think HVS is doing good and will probably but not certainly deliver, you think HVS is doing bad but the jury is still out, we'll see what happens.

Maybe this thread can go on now?

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Al3xand3r

To separate off topic rants from the thread's course I've split my comment in two. From GamePro:

FFA mode:
    "After Team Objective we checked out a 20-minute free-for-all mode called... Free For All. Normally I'm more apt to playing team deathmatch in my online shooters, but with the variety of over-the-top weapons we chose for this match and the expansive map--a huge multilevel building overlooking a central ground floor which was perfect for picking off players with rocket launcher blasts from above--this mode was actually a great deal of fun. Though we didn't get to check out all the weapon varieties, the "explosive weapons" which we chose for the Free For All match were a whole lot of fun."

Bounty Hunter mode:
    "The last mode we played was an interesting assassination mode called Bounty Hunter. In Bounty Hunter, each player is assigned a target which appears as a white dot on the map, and when the target is in distance he will be highlighted so players don't confuse one target from another. The catch is, players lose points for killing anyone who is not their target, unless you manage to kill the player hunting you. After you take out your target, another player becomes the next on your hit list. Of all the modes we played this was the most engaging, as I was constantly wondering who was hunting me, all the while attempting to sneak up on my target without them knowing."

The Bounty Hunter mode sounds like the best of the bunch and is pretty much like The Ship, only without the disguising and sims factor which probably makes it much faster paced. Sweet. Some pretty good screenshots from the different matches are below.

More proof of how uncomfortably they had to sit and play, I can see why certain outlets mention control issues while others don't:

That's way too close to the sensor bar so they had to hold it weird and angle it more upwards than they should. They couldn't just move the chairs further back and rest their hands in their laps are usual, because then the remote would see all the other sensor bars and bork up, if it didn't already... From the recent videos I thought they were noobs that didn't know how to hold a remote, but it wasn't a user error after all...

IGN has some footage from the same press event:

BadazzSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By BadazzSC

You know I`ve been following this game for a long time and I don`t know what to think. I am hyped for this game and I want to believe it`s going to be really good, but I have a feeling it will be disapointing.. hopefully I`m wrong.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#54  Edited By AgentJ
    @BadazzSC said:
    " You know I`ve been following this game for a long time and I don`t know what to think. I am hyped for this game and I want to believe it`s going to be really good, but I have a feeling it will be disapointing.. hopefully I`m wrong. "
    The E3 coverage was promising, and it has been in development for some time. It seemed like a finished product when i played it at PAX, and i can only imagine it went up from there. One things for sure: The success (or failure) High Voltage has with this game will be a big factor in whether or not I keep an eye on their other two in development projects, those being The Grinder and Gladiator AD
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Al3xand3r

It's getting the expected reviews so far, 7-8/10. Here's another video. I wasn't interested in multi player but it seems like the experience is solid and smooth so I may give that a shot as well. Bounty hunter mode sounds fun, if simple. Yeah, the players here suck more or less.

High quality here but really, it's off-screen from E3 so not all that great.

Whether their games are truly great or not, they sure do things ALL other developers should be expected to do from now on. Like the controls customisation, sensitivity options, in-game invites for friends, voice chat, pulling the Wii's friends list so you don't even need to re-add them for the game, etc. It's unacceptable to see a previously "nobody" studio with a less than stellar track record do these things, yet multi-billion dollar corporations can't do half as good and give the false impression of a system that is more gimped than it really is, out of sheer incompetence.

Anyway, The Grinder has had 2 months of developments and their experience from this game already shows as it looks damn good and very developed already. Even this isn't as good as it could be, their next games certainly can be. I'm not sure about Gladiator A.D. as it's a completely different type of game, as in, not even a FPS. The Grinder is very different also but at least certain things from The Conduit are clearly useful.
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Milkman

The fact that people still care about this fucking game makes me want to pull my fucking hair. It's an alien multiplayer FPS that looks like it might have been an average PS2 launch title. Yet, IN 2009, people are excited about this. Why?! For what reason would anyone who has a functioning brain get excited about this? Because it's on the fucking Wii?! I don't give a shit! If you ONLY have a Wii and you LOVE FPS games, then I guess you should buy this. But really, if you like FPS games and you can't find one better than this, then you're a fucking idiot.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Al3xand3r

Valium. You need it.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Milkman
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " Valium. You need it. "
    Common sense. You need it.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Al3xand3r

Arguments. You need them. A life would be good too, so you wouldn't be getting this upset over a video game.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Milkman
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " Arguments. You need them. A life would be good too, so you wouldn't be getting this upset over a video game. "
    I gave my argument?...You suggested drugs. And I need a life eh? Why? Because I typed out that small paragraph about the game? Using that logic, you probably REALLY need a life considering how many extensive this entire thread is.

Why am I even arguing with you? Do I like giving myself headaches? I'm sure you'll just respond to this with some other ridiculously dumb statement and we'll just work our way in circles. I'll just state my original argument and be done with it: This game looks crap. The only reason you care is because it's on the Wii. Nintendo could take a giant shit on your floor and you would still worship it. I'm fucking done. You can argue amongst yourselves.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Al3xand3r

A couple more single player videos.

@Milk man:
    No, you need a life because you need to type the word fuck so much and present all your teen
    (-esque?) angst through belitting people who may like things you do not. That is not an argument, that is a mental conditon that should be taken care of. Drugs could help. You present strawman arguments about why people care or don't care or how this game you haven't experienced is or isn't as bad as this or that game, or whatever other shit. That also isn't an argument, well, at least with other people. It's an argument with youself, reinforcing the need for a prescription. People have said why they care or don't care by now, you're one of the few who feel the need to repeat the same bullshit in every related thread you can spot, in hopes people get tired of repeating. You're right in that, but it doesn't make you right in anything else.
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    @Al3xand3r said:
    "A couple more single player videos.

:Lol at video on the left.  Worst voice acting in a game ever.   
    Sounds like computer generated voice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.