Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Curse of Monkey Island

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 31, 1997

The Curse of Monkey Island is a point and click adventure game from LucasArts. It is the third game in the Monkey Island series and features the swashbuckling theme, eccentric puzzles, and humor that the series is known for.

The description needs fixing.

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By jimbo_n

Describing the story does NOT mean describing every major event in every chapter of the entire game. Come on!  It should be a summary not a complete frikkin walkthrough of the game. Might end up personally editing this description once I have some time over. Im not really sure whats allowed or considered accepted but some moderator needs to take a look at the Curse of Monkey Island page.

DarthMaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By DarthMaul

Yeah, it's a tad long

Mukor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Mukor

My reasoning behind writing it up so in-depth is so that anyone who's interested can get the full story without playing the game. There have been times in the past where I've wanted to read into the fiction of a game without having to play through it because of the time commitment or the gameplay not appealing to me or whatever reason.

I would have preferred it if there had been a seperate page for a story summary so it's not clunking up the main article but (at least at the moment) there's no space for that.

As for it being a walkthrough, I tried to avoid giving solutions to puzzles except where these impact the story significantly.

At the end of the day it was approved through the modding process so it's okay in my view.

Edgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Edgar

It may be a little long but if anyone's going to mess with it it should be Mukor.

Robot_Vampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Robot_Vampire

I quite like it, i like reading over the Monkey Island stories. And I agree with Mukor about wanting to read the fiction without devoting the playing time to the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.