any idea how long this is?

#1 Posted by punisherkaos (271 posts) -

Im interested in picking this up but i heard that it's extremely short. Has anyone completed this and know how long it took em? If it's really short ill probably just wait for a price drop.

#2 Posted by emergency (1193 posts) -

I've heard 6-8 hours for the singleplayer campaign, 2 hours for the multiplayer campaign.

#3 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Alex said around 6 - 7 hours in his review with 2 hours spent on the co-op campaign. It might seem short, but he says this in his review -

Nothing in The Darkness II's story line feels out of place or unnecessary. It doesn't digress needlessly into side missions or other time-wasters designed to just keep you playing for longer stretches. Instead, Digital Extremes believed in the strength of both its combat system and Jenkins' script to inspire players to play through it again once the credits roll. And that confidence was not misplaced. Within an hour of finishing The Darkness II, I was already set to go back in and get my New Game Plus on--something I honestly rarely do. What can I say? The power of The Darkness II compelled me; odds are, it'll do exactly the same for you.
#4 Posted by allworkandlowpay (874 posts) -

I rented it tonight. Started it up at about 12:45 a.m. Set it to the "Hitman" difficulty, which appeared to be the Heroic equivalent, claiming to "Be a challenge." I finished the game just around 6 a.m.

fun game though.

#5 Posted by believer258 (11633 posts) -

The Game Informer review said 6-8 hours, which means 4.5-6.5 if you're any good at shooters.

#6 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

I finished it in 6 hours. Sort of, kind of worth it. Rent it if you can.

#7 Posted by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

About ten dollars an hour.

#8 Posted by Jones (51 posts) -

Took me 4 hours on normal difficulty according to steam.

#9 Posted by Danteveli (1160 posts) -

Took me like 7-8 but I talked with people and listened to lectures about relicts so for someone not caring about the story it would be shorter. The multiplayer campaign is not bad addition with different skills for characters.

#10 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

@Jones said:

Took me 4 hours on normal difficulty according to steam.

Doesn't it hurt that you paid full price for that.

#11 Posted by GenghisJohn (256 posts) -

5 hours here. Died I think 4 or 5 times on normal difficulty

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.