New Darkness 2 trailer

#1 Edited by JeanLuc (3574 posts) -

**SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST DARKNESS**

The first Darkness is one of my favorite games this generation so I have a lot of hopes for this. The new developer seems to have the combat way better, but what I really loved about the first game was its tone and story. All its tiny semi-open world touches and interesting characters, heres hoping all that stuff is still present. I think the new comic book style graphics work, but I really loved the realistic gritty look of the first game and I think some of that is lost with a more cell-shaded look. 

What about you guys, excited for more Darkness?
#2 Edited by BulletproofMonk (2718 posts) -

Some Darkness 1 spoilers in there. 

The gameplay looks pretty much the same, I just hope they can make the controls a little tighter this time. Also, really not a fan of that cel-shady look, but that's just because I don't like cel-shading. Hopefully the story's good, that's really the thing that matters the most to me.

#3 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

Awesome, I've been dying to see more and this looks great.

#4 Posted by JeanLuc (3574 posts) -
@BulletproofMonk: I guess you can't really talk about the Darkness 2 without spoiling the first, but I'll put up a spoiler warning just in case.
#5 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

really getting annoyed with people calling spoilers on traielrs for sequels... guess what, you dont want spoilers for the first game? then avoid the fucking sequel or anything related to it.

Anyway, game looks cool, lots of tentacle action (might get weird since it seems you have direct control over them, and 2 guns at the same time, hmm), should be cool

#6 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I am disappointed at the lack of Nolan North talking in this trailer.

#7 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1697 posts) -

Looks fantastic. Dudes come apart real nice.

#8 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Man, I really need to go back and beat the original. It's still one of the best games I've played this gen!

#9 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
@CL60 said:
he says ""Jenny, and "Im stronger than you think"

just noticed there's a lack of the little imp dudes in the trailer, wonder if they removed them?
#10 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2718 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:
really getting annoyed with people calling spoilers on traielrs for sequels... guess what, you dont want spoilers for the first game? then avoid the fucking sequel or anything related to it. 
What's so terrible about that? At least they'll be warned.
#11 Posted by JeanLuc (3574 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:
Anyway, game looks cool, lots of tentacle action (might get weird since it seems you have direct control over them, and 2 guns at the same time, hmm), should be cool
I played some of it at PAX East.  You hold down RB and move the right stick to slash the tentacle arm in a direction. It felt weird at first but I started to get the hang of it by the end of the demo.
#12 Posted by McBEEF (360 posts) -

CAN. NOT. WAIT.

#13 Posted by SMTDante89 (2550 posts) -

*after hearing Mike Patton as The Darkness again*  UHHNNNNNNGH!

And I really like what little they showed us of what the Darkness can be used for (tearing people apart). 

#14 Posted by PerryVandell (2103 posts) -

Damn, this game is looking pretty good. I really enjoyed the first Darkness, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they do next.

#15 Posted by kidman (465 posts) -

Cellshading? That bums me out a bit to be honest.

#16 Edited by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
@BulletproofMonk said:

@Rhaknar said:

its a sequel. spoilers for the first game are expected. to cry about it is inane. im not even talking about this game, its just a trend i notice lately
#17 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2718 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:
@BulletproofMonk said:

@Rhaknar said:

its a sequel. spoilers for the first game are expected. to cry about it is inane. im not even talking about this game, its just a trend i notice lately
No one here is crying about it. Just letting people know that hey, if you haven't finished the first Darkness, don't watch this because there are spoilers. 
#18 Posted by Eaxis (899 posts) -

I loved the darkness so much. (played trough it 4-5 times). I hope it's somewhat open like the first and includes side missions to do. The story and the atmosphere in the first was amazing.
#19 Posted by dragonzord (811 posts) -
@CL60 said:
I'm overjoyed about it
#20 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

Man, I really hope the gameplay, shooting, and level design is better in this one. 

#21 Posted by Winger (151 posts) -

They made dark sector and are going against the original vision of portraying the darkness as real as possible, which starbreeze did very well. 

So people, which is the worse story-driven game handed over development this to next year? Max Payne 3? or The Darkness 2?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.