The Darkness 2 teaser trailer

#1 Posted by Rhaknar (5940 posts) -

is that Nolan North as Jackie? As for the game i loved the first one so im quite excited about this
#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Kirk Acevedo played Jackie in the first. Sort of Sounds like him again. 

#3 Posted by Bwast (1334 posts) -

I don't understand. It's been a while since I played the first one but from what I remember didn't Jackie like lose his mind and shit? Like the only way he was going to get revenge on those dudes was to let the darkness completely take him over? Seems to me that would put the kibosh on any sequels unless they went the Bioshock 2 route.

Getting pretty tired of Nolan North(Pretty sure it's him). Do developers get a tax cut if he does voice for their game? 
#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Bwast said:
" I don't understand. It's been a while since I played the first one but from what I remember didn't Jackie like lose his mind and shit? Like the only way he was going to get revenge on those dudes was to let the darkness completely take him over? Seems to me that would put the kibosh on any sequels unless they went the Bioshock 2 route.

Getting pretty tired of Nolan North(Pretty sure it's him). Do developers get a tax cut if he does voice for their game? 
"
Nope the darkness never fully took over. Infact he took over the darkness. 
#5 Posted by Bwast (1334 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man: Well then, good to know. Carry on.
#6 Posted by CraigAA1028 (546 posts) -

To confirm, yes that is Nolan North. I love Nolan North, but I was hoping for the original voice actor. He was perfect

#7 Posted by cooljammer00 (1278 posts) -

Yeah, I guess they couldn't get Kirk Acevedo back.  He's got other things to do, so it makes sense.  Still...

#8 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -

Usually Nolan North sticks to the usual patented "Nolan North voice".
You can hear a bit of his natural inflection in the voice, but at the same time it does sound like he's at least trying to do something different.

#9 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

Nice.

#10 Posted by PerryVandell (2100 posts) -
@Contro: I wouldn't mind if that ended up being the final box art.
#11 Posted by EgoCheck616 (782 posts) -
@Fullmetal216: It is the final art :)
#12 Edited by popmasterruler (570 posts) -
@Bwast said:

" I don't understand. It's been a while since I played the first one but from what I remember didn't Jackie like lose his mind and shit? Like the only way he was going to get revenge on those dudes was to let the darkness completely take him over? Seems to me that would put the kibosh on any sequels unless they went the Bioshock 2 route.
"

Same here,he's been in everything and it's getting tiring.
#13 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

#14 Posted by CandiBunni (465 posts) -

I prefer the original voice actor for Jackie. I thought he did a perfect job. I'm not really liking the new voice. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.