xxmichaelxx's Darkness, The (Xbox 360) review

Pretty Good!

Let me just say that when I first saw the darkness, I was skeptical about it, but when I saw it in play, it blew me away. When I finally got my hands on it, it did not disappoint. Based on the late 80's comic book, you play the role of Jackie Estacado, a young mafia hitman whose having a bit of trouble with his Uncle Paulie. On the night of his 21st birthday, Jackie is possessed by a semi-satanic force called "The Darkness"- hence the title of the game. with this power/curse at hand, Jackie must fight his way past the New York underworld and a hellish version of WWI Germany to take control of the darkness, and take care of uncle Paulie once and for all

The gameplay is top-knotch, but uncommon to say, you start out with dual pistols, and work your way up to better weapons, personally, the dual pistols are my weapons of choice, but your HUD only shows up when you're either reloading a weapon, loading a game, or reloading. but it adds to the excitement. The Darkness' powers are really fun to use in this game, from summoning little darklings to ripping black holes, the simple use of the Right bumper can result in a bloodbath. The graphics are amazing, the character models to the landscape, though they're not perfect, it is still pretty impressive, especially in HD. The sound is great too, from the superb voice acting, to the gritty feeling of the subway, it sounds like you're really in the gritty underbelly of NYC.

The game does have its flaws though, I didn't find the Multiplayer part all that interesting, It was sort of a port of doom, but with the ability to play as a darkling, I couldn't enjoy this part, because I kept lagging, and my internet connection is bad.

Other than that, "The Darkness" is an excellent FPS, and a great graphical showcase. This is a great game to pick up, play, and have a bloody good time.