holabendez's Darkness, The (Xbox 360) review

Different, but that doesn't make it good

The Darkness is based on a comic book that no one has ever heard of, and drawing from it’s source material has a different gameplay take on the traditional first person shooter. Namely your character has two snake headed creatures that come out of your back and you can control them to do your bidding, such as eat the hearts of your enemy or summoned black holes.

Bizarre? Yep. The unique spin on gameplay however doesn’t elevate the game to something special. It’s different sure, but it’s otherwise a pretty ordinary game, with some strange story elements in it relating to the history behind why your character is possessed by this demonic power.

If you’re a big fan of The Darkness comics it’s a must play, but really, who is?