Why arent people going crazy over this game?!

#1 Posted by GenghisJohn (256 posts) -

Man this game blows me away, why isnt it getting any GB love?

#2 Posted by EpicSteve (6483 posts) -

I'm tired of walking to the right and killing dudes. 

#3 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

I'm enjoying the game a lot. I don't play a lot of games of this type, but this is really well done and plays great.

#4 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Why should I be?

#5 Edited by supermike6 (3557 posts) -

I'm with you, man. I've never played this game but it looks cool as shit and I'm surprised no one seems to care.

EDIT: Hey, 2000 posts. Awesome.
#6 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

Nobody gave a shit about the first one either.

Both Dishwashers are amazing games, the only reason nobody cares is because they were made by about.. 3 people.

If some big fuck off company made it, people would actually try it.

#7 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -
@RandomHero666: That is a ridiculous statement. People, especially those who come to a small site like Giant Bomb, hate big game companies and always look for some new "independent" game to pounce on in order to prove how sensitive and great of a video game player they are. Games like Braid and Limbo have already been praised to high hell here, and Bastion, a game made by a similarly low number of people has received constant publicity on this site. 

When the first Dishwasher came out, I believe the duders phrased their opinion on the game a little something like this "It's as if some 19 year-old kid decided he was going to make a game with XNA and wanted to throw everything in it he liked. He likes vampire, gore, Linkin Park, and ROCKIN' OUT. It's awesome that one guy could've made this, but I see no real difference between the Dishwasher and most of the other XNA Community games out there. If, say, the game was released on the community games service, it would've maybe been a huge hit on the service, but, when put up against other, much, much, much better XBLA games, it just comes off as some mediocre, immature hack and slash." 
Now, I am completely paraphrasing with that, but the trick with making something with a small team is not making it look as if you made it with a small team. That, and hack 'n' slashes are dumb.
#8 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Everybodys too busy being hyped for Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat
#9 Posted by DrHawking (214 posts) -

Looked like something I could play on Kongregate or another flash game site.

#10 Posted by Romination (2777 posts) -

Because it looks like something that Jhonen Vasquez would shit out on a bad day.

On a good day there'd be Fillerbunny
#11 Posted by DukeTogo (1504 posts) -

Spend your money on Toy Soldiers, it's on sale on XBLA and is a much better "indie" game that does new things than a rote hack n slash throwback.

#12 Posted by Hashy (81 posts) -

rote hack and slash throwback

#13 Posted by Hashy (81 posts) -

buy games on principle instead of whats fun guys

#14 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

It gets no love because people like to look at it and make assumptions without playing it. If a decent number of people played it then there might be a different opinion.

#15 Posted by foggel (2763 posts) -

I didn't like the first one.

#16 Posted by GrandMarshal (388 posts) -

Don't like the art style, too much gray and black

#17 Posted by MachoFantastico (4620 posts) -

Haven't played it myself, will do at some point. 

To answer your question why it's not getting much attention: PORTAL 2 & MORTAL KOMBAT

Dislike it or not, that's why. 
#18 Posted by Aishan (1014 posts) -

It has an awful name.

#19 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

I wish this game came out on the PSN, i share your enthusiasm for this game

#20 Posted by Raven10 (1766 posts) -

I loved the first one. Will get this eventually.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.