Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 01, 2002

The third entry in Bethesda's series of expansive first-person role-playing games. Arriving on the island of Vvardenfell as a prisoner, the player character is caught up in an ancient prophecy, as well as a power struggle between factions, races, and gods incarnate.

Adventures in Morrowind: Journal Entry #7

AndyMacneil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By AndyMacneil

31 Last Seed, 3E330

I decided to join House Hlaalu. Nileno Dorvayn welcomed me graciously and gave me the rank of “Retainer.” We discussed business and Nileno said that I sound just like a Redoran, Felsen Sethandus, who had just died recently. I was to put on a Redoran helmet, head to Ald’Ruhn, and get orders from Neminda of the Redoran council. “Orphan of Arnesia” was the password to use.

Ald’Ruhn is a horrible place. Constant sandstorms. Neminda bought my disguise and gave me a scroll to bring to Maar Gan. I brought it to Nileno instead. I receieved 500 drakes and a promotion to “Oathman.”

I was tasked with acquiring some alchemical formulas from Aurane Frenris’ shop in the Foreign Quarter of Vivec. I was also told that a Hlaalu councillor, Edryno Arethi, might have some business for me too.

I arrived in Vivec at 10 p.m., the perfect time to steal the formulas. The scroll was a synch to steal. She turned her back and I pocketed it and left.

I arrived in Balmora by 8 a.m., and was promoted to “Lawman.” I went home and slept.

AndyMacneil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AndyMacneil

31 Last Seed, 3E330

I decided to join House Hlaalu. Nileno Dorvayn welcomed me graciously and gave me the rank of “Retainer.” We discussed business and Nileno said that I sound just like a Redoran, Felsen Sethandus, who had just died recently. I was to put on a Redoran helmet, head to Ald’Ruhn, and get orders from Neminda of the Redoran council. “Orphan of Arnesia” was the password to use.

Ald’Ruhn is a horrible place. Constant sandstorms. Neminda bought my disguise and gave me a scroll to bring to Maar Gan. I brought it to Nileno instead. I receieved 500 drakes and a promotion to “Oathman.”

I was tasked with acquiring some alchemical formulas from Aurane Frenris’ shop in the Foreign Quarter of Vivec. I was also told that a Hlaalu councillor, Edryno Arethi, might have some business for me too.

I arrived in Vivec at 10 p.m., the perfect time to steal the formulas. The scroll was a synch to steal. She turned her back and I pocketed it and left.

I arrived in Balmora by 8 a.m., and was promoted to “Lawman.” I went home and slept.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By danielkempster

Ah, something else to get excited about! I didn't go with House Hlaalu in my Morrowind playthrough. Because I built more or less an out-and-out warrior character, I ended up siding with the fighting-oriented house (House Redoran, I think it was). So this is yet another brand new quest line for me to read about and discover through your journals!

Sorry for not commenting on the last journal, by the way. I think it was just a combination of your brevity and my being busy that prevented it. I'm still really enjoying this series, and I can't wait to read more of your adventures in Vvardenfell.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Man, seeing an Elder Scrolls quest condensed to a few paragraphs really highlights the high-fantasy aspect: hella apostrophes and vowels.

AndyMacneil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AndyMacneil

@dankempster said:

Ah, something else to get excited about! I didn't go with House Hlaalu in my Morrowind playthrough. Because I built more or less an out-and-out warrior character, I ended up siding with the fighting-oriented house (House Redoran, I think it was). So this is yet another brand new quest line for me to read about and discover through your journals!

Sorry for not commenting on the last journal, by the way. I think it was just a combination of your brevity and my being busy that prevented it. I'm still really enjoying this series, and I can't wait to read more of your adventures in Vvardenfell.

In my first playthrough I did Redoran as well. I've done a bunch of Hlaalu before but never finished so I'm interested in seeing what happens too.

I've got 3 more entries written right now and it might be a few weeks before I can write again. Exams are starting in a few days :(

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#5  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

It's funny. I think I sided with Hlaalu, but I can't remember a darn thing about their quests, so it's neat seeing their quests written out so bluntly and with little fun details. These blogs are like crack.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Cool stuff, I think you just got a follower

AndyMacneil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AndyMacneil

@Sparky_Buzzsaw said: @Irvandus said:

Glad you guys are enjoying them. Keep reading!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.