Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 01, 2002

The third entry in Bethesda's series of expansive first-person role-playing games. Arriving on the island of Vvardenfell as a prisoner, the player character is caught up in an ancient prophecy, as well as a power struggle between factions, races, and gods incarnate.

Anyone Still Playing Morrowind?

N3onThr33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By N3onThr33

Just wondering if anyone is still playing Morrowind like me...
    So are you? xD

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JoelTGM

I moved onto Oblivion and had some fun with that.  I played Morrowind for much longer though, that game is so memorable, and it had a lot of awesome mods.

jonnyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By jonnyp

I played it up until about a year ago.  I fucking love that game.  Its better than Oblivion in many ways.  I secured a little place outside of Balmora and filled it with every complete armor set in the game.  Also, somewhere around hour 120, I was in Vivec and something glitched and I got attacked by one of the tribunal guards.  So naturally I took him out and looted his corpse, but from that point forward every time I set foot in Vivec all the guards would attack me - So needless to say, I have amassed a sizable collection of gold helmets that I chose to line my property with.  Its pretty hilarious, and slightly unnerving. 

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Snail

Never played Morrowind. Don't hit me.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    jonnyp said:
    "I played it up until about a year ago.  I fucking love that game.  Its better than Oblivion in many ways.  I secured a little place outside of Balmora and filled it with every complete armor set in the game.  Also, somewhere around hour 120, I was in Vivec and something glitched and I got attacked by one of the tribunal guards.  So naturally I took him out and looted his corpse, but from that point forward every time I set foot in Vivec all the guards would attack me - So needless to say, I have amassed a sizable collection of gold helmets that I chose to line my property with.  Its pretty hilarious, and slightly unnerving. "

Same here dude.  You sound like me, except I filled my house in uh... how could i forget it?  It's a small town that starts with a C i think and there's a scamp barterer there.
    N3onThr33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By N3onThr33
    Snail said:
    "Never played Morrowind. Don't hit me."
    * hits *

Now go buy Morrowind. :P
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By kush

I still play it now...I always found Morrowind (+ EPs) to be a much more diverse and enjoyable game than Oblivion. It's one of the best PC games I've ever played.

TomServo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By TomServo

no!!! elder scrolls 4 rapes morrowind in the ass and leaves it in an alley crying!!!

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By RHCPfan24

Morrowind, for me at least, was very influential and impressive and all, but I never had as much fun playing it as I did Oblivion. However, I think I know where the problem lies: I played it on the Xbox. Horrendous load times abound.

Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By IncredibleBulk92
    jonnyp said:
    "I played it up until about a year ago.  I fucking love that game.  Its better than Oblivion in many ways.  I secured a little place outside of Balmora and filled it with every complete armor set in the game.  Also, somewhere around hour 120, I was in Vivec and something glitched and I got attacked by one of the tribunal guards.  So naturally I took him out and looted his corpse, but from that point forward every time I set foot in Vivec all the guards would attack me - So needless to say, I have amassed a sizable collection of gold helmets that I chose to line my property with.  Its pretty hilarious, and slightly unnerving. "

Ah what you did there is to wear one of their helms in the city.  They attack you on sight whenever they see you then, the only way to stop them is to reload a save, it can get pretty tiresome completing quests with a dozen guards chasing you around the cuty.

I played it on my Xbox about 6 months ago, it's a pretty good game if you give it time.  It takes a lot longer to get anywhere and exploring randomly isn't a really good idea most of the time lol.  I got myself a nice house near the centre of the island and filled it with all types of armour and weapon, I think my collection was complete by the time I finished.  I'd also imbued all of my armour with heal-self on constantly so I could never be killed.  All that time messing around and I didn't even complete the main quest.  The fighter's guild was awesome...
    Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Potter9156

The Morrowind modding community is still very active, with recently released, and soon to be released, mods that effect the gameplay in great ways. And with the imminent release of OpenSource MW, things will only get better. Which is only part of the reason I still play, and will continue to play for many more years.

atrumtempestas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By atrumtempestas

Creeper the scamp-merchant lives in an Orc mansion in Caldera.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I played my GOTY copy on 360 not too long ago.  It was horrible though, so I'll just get some mods for the pc version and install it again.

MacGeorge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By MacGeorge

Man, I just bought the GOTY for pc, can't wait for it to get here!

FordFairlane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By FordFairlane

This is still installed on my computer, but my PC is five years old and Morrowind pushed it back then.  I do have GOTY for the XBox, so I might just use that one instead, but the mods are tough to live without.

I've always wanted to dive back into the game, since I realized after I finished the main quest and maxed out my House and Faction ranks that the world map was still 2/3 untouched.  I've also only played through one of the Houses and the stealth-based Factions, so there's plenty left to do.

Even after all this time, the size of that game is staggering.
    lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By lord_canti

im trying to play it but keep on getting distracted with newer games

Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By Dustpan
    @the_chojin99 said:
    " im trying to play it but keep on getting distracted with newer games "
    Same.
    Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Green_Incarnate

Yo, I was playing it for the first time, but I kinda gave up. I made a horrible character, because the game plays differently from Oblivion. And, it kinda runs horrible on my 360.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Nasar7

Not actively playing it anymore since I did just about everything there is to do in the main game and all the expansions. Since the day I first played it I couldn't stop for months until I got 100%. I wish it had achievements, I would have an S. I do get Morrowind nostalgia all the time, though.

TorgoGrooves89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TorgoGrooves89

I play the game once a year normally, maybe twice if i feel like it. I've probably completed it at least five times, but i still have races to complete it with and after all these years i've still never beaten the game with a stealth character. I normally play with either a combat focused Nord or a Breton mage. In contrast i've only played through Oblvion twice, it just wasn't as good as Morrowind. A shame, really.
    Garrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Garrus

I still play this game a few times a month.

Its the only game that doesn't crash constantly for some dumbass reason like half of today's current games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.