Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 01, 2002

The third entry in Bethesda's series of expansive first-person role-playing games. Arriving on the island of Vvardenfell as a prisoner, the player character is caught up in an ancient prophecy, as well as a power struggle between factions, races, and gods incarnate.

I need some help.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aronman789

Alrighty my Giant Bomb friends, I like Morrowind, its a very fun game with a nice large world for me to dick around in, but I've seen let's plays and streams of it with mods, and decided it was time for me to join in on the fun. 
    So I went to Planet Elder Scrolls, looked on the top mod list, picked out some that sounded cool, and after a while I decided I was ready, so I take a peek on the internet for some guide to learn how to mod and I find............nothing. 

Not one goddamn guide did I find, and so I go to the modding sites, and the UESP, and look for instructions there, and all I found was a big pile of confusing terms and stuff I didn't understand, but never did I find one lousy guide that just said: "THIS IS HOW YOU INSTALL MODS, DUMBASS.", which is exactly what I need. 

I've never modded any game before, so I have no clue what any of the terms mean, what files I'm suppose to be looking for, how to install the mods, I have no idea how to do any of that. 

So since I've yet to be severely let down by you guys, I ask for your help, can anyone give me a decent guide or some directions on how to install mods on morrowind? Cause I can't find one no matter how hard I try. 

And I have both the expansions and its on Steam, if that helps.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose

You'll usually get an .esp file and some folders (usually named "textures" "meshes" or something like that when you extract the .rar file you downloaded. Just drop all that in your Morrowind Data folder. Then activate them through the launch menu (Data Files).

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Aronman789
    @TheSeductiveMoose said:
    " You'll usually get an .esp file and some folders (usually named "textures" "meshes" or something like that. Just drop all that in your Morrowind Data folder. Then activate them through the launch menu (Data Files). "
    How do I get to the data files if I'm on steam?
    KittenMitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By KittenMitten

Try Program FIles (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/morrowind. 

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose
    @Aronman789:  If you're asking about the Data folder then it's usually located in something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common". 

If you're asking about the launch menu, then I don't know. Try downloading a mod manager like this one.
    Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Aronman789
    @KittenMitten: It shows my steam games, and then once I get to the "steamapps" part it says that there isn't any files and nothing pops up after
    Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Aronman789
    @Aronman789 said:
    " @KittenMitten: It shows my steam games, and then once I get to the "steamapps" part it says that there isn't any files and nothing pops up after "
    Nevermind, I got it to work.
    sumbog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By sumbog

I dunno if this has been answered but:

Go to harddrive
    go to program files
    got to steam
    go to steammapps
    go to common
    find the game
    Usually you have to drag the file to the data folder, also programs like  7zip help, and are required for most mods.

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.