Does this play okay on non-HD TVs?

#1 Posted by Barrock (3553 posts) -

I know Dead Rising had a lot of problems because of small text on standard televisions. I was thinking about playing this on my bedroom 360 but it only has a standard definition tv. Will the text be unreadable and will I be missing out on much graphical fidelity?

#2 Posted by Echo (392 posts) -

I played it in 2006 when I didn't have an HDTV, worked fine, I think! I mean, it must have been okay if I put like 200 hours into it.

#3 Posted by Barrock (3553 posts) -

@Echo said:

I played it in 2006 when I didn't have an HDTV, worked fine, I think! I mean, it must have been okay if I put like 200 hours into it.

Awesome. Really afraid to play a lot of games in my bedroom as opposed to the living room. It's way more comfortable but I'm sad I'm losing visuals.

#4 Posted by dankempster (2261 posts) -

@Barrock: The on-screen text and HUDs in Oblivion are nice and big, so you shouldn't have any problems playing on a standard definition screen. I spent a month playing Oblivion earlier this year on a 14-inch SDTV and I don't ever remember struggling to see anything.

#5 Posted by Subjugation (4741 posts) -

Didn't have any problems on my old CRT tv back in the day. Well, the only problem I had was I found myself staying up too late. That Dark Brotherhood quest line ...

#6 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5818 posts) -

It looked bad on my old SDTV, but it was a pretty cheap T.V.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.