Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Game » consists of 31 releases. Released Mar 20, 2006

Travel the continent of Tamriel, defend the land against Oblivion's Daedra hordes, and help fill the empty throne of Cyrodiil in the fourth installment of the Elder Scrolls series.

Does this play okay on non-HD TVs?

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Barrock

I know Dead Rising had a lot of problems because of small text on standard televisions. I was thinking about playing this on my bedroom 360 but it only has a standard definition tv. Will the text be unreadable and will I be missing out on much graphical fidelity?

Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Echo

I played it in 2006 when I didn't have an HDTV, worked fine, I think! I mean, it must have been okay if I put like 200 hours into it.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Barrock

@Echo said:

I played it in 2006 when I didn't have an HDTV, worked fine, I think! I mean, it must have been okay if I put like 200 hours into it.

Awesome. Really afraid to play a lot of games in my bedroom as opposed to the living room. It's way more comfortable but I'm sad I'm losing visuals.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By danielkempster

@Barrock: The on-screen text and HUDs in Oblivion are nice and big, so you shouldn't have any problems playing on a standard definition screen. I spent a month playing Oblivion earlier this year on a 14-inch SDTV and I don't ever remember struggling to see anything.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Subjugation

Didn't have any problems on my old CRT tv back in the day. Well, the only problem I had was I found myself staying up too late. That Dark Brotherhood quest line ...

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By FancySoapsMan

It looked bad on my old SDTV, but it was a pretty cheap T.V.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.