Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Game » consists of 31 releases. Released Mar 20, 2006

Travel the continent of Tamriel, defend the land against Oblivion's Daedra hordes, and help fill the empty throne of Cyrodiil in the fourth installment of the Elder Scrolls series.

Fighter's Guild Quest stop

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Funrush

I'm looking for some help with what I think may be a bug in Oblivion. Currently, in the Fighters Guild I am the rank of Warder, I have recently cleared the missions: Mystery at Harlun's Watch, The Wandering Scholar, and Trolls of the Forsaken Mine (Viranus's Death). What has been frustrating me is neither Azzan, nor Burz gro-khash give me any missions, and Modryn Oreyn stays in his house and also does not give missions. When prompted, they all tell me to ask another person for contracts, or to advance, and none give the opportunity to advance. I've used all conversation opportunities with them also, and for some reason, Modryn stays in his house all the time. I'm playing on PS3, can you guys help?

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By _Zombie_

It sounds like it could be a bug. You have any saves you can re-load to find out if it is?

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Funrush

I have a few, most recent being in the middle of the Harlun's watch one.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By _Zombie_

@Funrush: Save your current one as a placeholder of sorts, so you can compare later. Reload the most recent save, finish the quest, and then go and see if it'll work.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Funrush

@zombiebigfoot said:

@Funrush: Save your current one as a placeholder of sorts, so you can compare later. Reload the most recent save, finish the quest, and then go and see if it'll work.

Okay, thanks.

I checked out the UESP wiki on the matter, and I haven't done the Stone of St. Allessia Quest yet. I guess that's the one quest I'm missing for advancement but Azzan won't give it. Is it possible to store up on missions? Like have three different Fighters Guild missions in log at once?

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By _Zombie_

@Funrush: You can have multiple quests running at once, yeah. But I did my FG quests one at a time, so dunno if it'd work for that. Wouldn't hurt to try, though.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Funrush

@zombiebigfoot said:

@Funrush: You can have multiple quests running at once, yeah. But I did my FG quests one at a time, so dunno if it'd work for that. Wouldn't hurt to try, though.

Well, thanks for your help. I'll try to play off an old save later. I love this game so much, but damn, Bethesda, ever heard of patches? I hate having to avoid bugs with this game.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Ravenlight

@Funrush said:

Bethesda, ever heard of patches?

Hahahahahaahhaaa

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Funrush

@Ravenlight said:

@Funrush said:

Hahahahahaahhaaa

No really, I remember with the whole vampire thing (Another glitch I had a problem with) one guy even threatened to sue for it being an unfinished product (although he never did).

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By _Zombie_

@Ravenlight said:

@Funrush said:

Hahahahahaahhaaa

*Snort*

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Funrush

I'd like to post again to thank for your help. I figured out that to advance I had to go back to before I had started the Forsaken Mine mission, and that before that mission was the last chance to advance. After advancement, the line continues like normal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.