Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Game » consists of 31 releases. Released Mar 20, 2006

Travel the continent of Tamriel, defend the land against Oblivion's Daedra hordes, and help fill the empty throne of Cyrodiil in the fourth installment of the Elder Scrolls series.

How does the GOTY editon not have all the DLC?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

It has shivering isles and Kights of the Nine which were both cool but there were other pieces of DLC too. One of my favorites was the one where you recover Mahune's Razor.

Is there any way to get ahold of all these other DLC's for the PC version? I bought the Quakecon pack last year and was thinking about finally digging into the PC version but steam only offers the GOTY edition with no way to get these other packs.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By musubi

Oh, as an addition to my question. (on mobile can't edit.) Anyone have hood suggestion of miss to pretty the game up? Rummaging through TESNEXUS seems intimidating.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Dagbiker

@Demoskinos said:

Oh, as an addition to my question. (on mobile can't edit.) Anyone have hood suggestion of miss to pretty the game up? Rummaging through TESNEXUS seems intimidating.

Look for a mod to get rid of the green filter, or at least lessens it. Because that is a downer.

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By PixelPrinny

Just got the game on PC recently myself, though I got the deluxe edition when it was on sale so I got the extra DLC. Weird they don't sell that stuff piece meal for people in your situation.. Not sure where else you can get it.

As for mods, haha yeah I was in the same boat. I ended up just doing some searches for essential Oblivion mods and looking at Nexus' most downloaded / upvoted mods and downloading the ones I liked the sound of. That said, I haven't actually -played- the game yet, having installed all the mods so I have no idea if they will even work together or not... XD

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By musubi
    @PixelPrinny

Just got the game on PC recently myself, though I got the deluxe edition when it was on sale so I got the extra DLC. Weird they don't sell that stuff piece meal for people in your situation.. Not sure where else you can get it.

As for mods, haha yeah I was in the same boat. I ended up just doing some searches for essential Oblivion mods and looking at Nexus' most downloaded / upvoted mods and downloading the ones I liked the sound of. That said, I haven't actually -played- the game yet, having installed all the mods so I have no idea if they will even work together or not... XD

Yeah seems like you can do some really neat things with the game. Man some of the stuff the modders do is batshit insane. Not sure how much time I want to spend getting a whole ton of mods to work in harmony without crashing.
    Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Shivoa

From http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Official_Plug-ins:

With the exception of Fighter's Stronghold, all the plug-ins can be purchased in a bundle on the Knights of the Nine PC retail disc. The plug-ins can no longer be purchased separately online, but were originally available from Bethesda's Online Store and Direct2Drive. All of the plug-ins are included in Steam's Game of the Year Deluxe Edition, which is now the only way to legitimately purchase Fighter's Stronghold for PC. The Game of the Year retail disc (for any platform) includes only Knights of the Nine and the Shivering Isles expansion, and none of the other eight plug-ins. Plug-ins bought from Bethesda's Online Store are not compatible with versions of Oblivion from Steam.

From the sound of it the disc for Oblivion GotY is limited but the Steam GotY Edition Deluxe copy (which you have? there seem to be stock GotY and GotY Deluxe up on the UK Steam store and possibly the same is true in your location, I'm not sure which one you already own or if there is an upgrade option if you own the lesser one) improves on all other editions as it contains everything in the various DLC packs.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By thatfrood

It doesn't? I bought the GOTY edition from steam and it had it.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By musubi
    @Shivoa

From http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Official_Plug-ins:

With the exception of Fighter's Stronghold, all the plug-ins can be purchased in a bundle on the Knights of the Nine PC retail disc. The plug-ins can no longer be purchased separately online, but were originally available from Bethesda's Online Store and Direct2Drive. All of the plug-ins are included in Steam's Game of the Year Deluxe Edition, which is now the only way to legitimately purchase Fighter's Stronghold for PC. The Game of the Year retail disc (for any platform) includes only Knights of the Nine and the Shivering Isles expansion, and none of the other eight plug-ins. Plug-ins bought from Bethesda's Online Store are not compatible with versions of Oblivion from Steam.

From the sound of it the disc for Oblivion GotY is limited but the Steam GotY Edition Deluxe copy (which you have? there seem to be stock GotY and GotY Deluxe up on the UK Steam store and possibly the same is true in your location, I'm not sure which one you already own or if there is an upgrade option if you own the lesser one) improves on all other editions as it contains everything in the various DLC packs.

. Guess I'll fire it up and see what DLC shows up.
    mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By mandude

Are you sure that Knights of the Nine doesn't refer to the collection of DLC they release? That's what it was when I bought it (mind you, I didn't buy it on Steam).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.