Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Game » consists of 31 releases. Released Mar 20, 2006

Travel the continent of Tamriel, defend the land against Oblivion's Daedra hordes, and help fill the empty throne of Cyrodiil in the fourth installment of the Elder Scrolls series.

Peeves- dude it's the most casual invasion ever

Avatar image for chocobo_blitzer
    Chocobo_Blitzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Chocobo_Blitzer

So there's a lot you could nitpick about Oblivion, probably a lot that wouldn't require it's own thread. So here we are! I guess anything goes, story, gameplay, lore, whatever. Don't forget to throw down  spoiler tags if necessary.

So uh, something that bugs the hell out of me is that the imperials don't seem to have any kind of military headquarters. You would think they would have a fort outside of the Imperial City. After all, the empire supposedly spans all across Tamriel. Where are these guys coming from? The Imperial City walls? huh? Unless I missed it, they have city defenses and that's about it.

and something else that bugs me, and I think that bugs most the people that played Morrowind, is that Cryodiil is pretty... tame. Morrowind was really unhinged. It was a political mess and you also got the feeling there wasn't a whole lot of civilization out there. Cryodiil is the opposite. All the provinces within are unified, all the major threats have been dealt with probably years before. Without this whole Oblivion thing happening Cryodiil would be in pretty good shape. The wilderness is call for adventure, but the ability to warp to any location at any spot in the game kills off any sense that you've traveled anywhere. That's not going to stop me from exploring all that stuff, but you never feel very far away from home. In Morrowind, at times it felt like you were truly away, and were horribly vulnerable.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Demyx

yeah, the fast traveling pisses a lot of people off, but its hard to wander around to get where you need to go when you have this option.
    The gameplay is fine.
    What most people disagree with, and I guess I kinda agree with them, is that the world levels up with you including items. So you are on par with everyone and there is almost no challenge. Especially since you can change difficulty whenever you want.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.