Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Game » consists of 31 releases. Released Mar 20, 2006

Travel the continent of Tamriel, defend the land against Oblivion's Daedra hordes, and help fill the empty throne of Cyrodiil in the fourth installment of the Elder Scrolls series.

Vamprirsm

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Drebin_893

Does anyone else find that it detracts from the game? I cured it fairly quickly, but the quest I had to entail to cure it was not an enjoyable one....

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By atejas
    Drebin_893 said:
    "Does anyone else find that it detracts from the game? I cured it fairly quickly, but the quest I had to entail to cure it was not an enjoyable one...."

I actually liked it. It didnt add much, but the balance of gaining new abilities as opposed to only going out at night was interesting.
    geneticgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By geneticgamer

Yup, it adds a different element to the game which makes the game seem more dark

Corsaer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Corsaer

The quest was a complete pain in the ass for me.
    First, I was riding the Unicorn to her hut.  The witch was outside, and after riding my mount off the cliff right before her hut, I was so relieved that he still was (barely) alive, she attacks and kills my Unicorn.  In the brief fight I tried casting a few spells on her to make her quit, which only produced the result of her attacking me next.  What should have just been an annoying quest turned in to a pain in the ass one because each time I wanted to talk to her she would attack me on sight and I would have to yield, and within the next few seconds if I didn't initiate dialog, she would renew her attack.
    So yeah.  Then after the quest's completion I learned all I had to do was use one of the items in the Vile Lair to cure my Vampirism.

FrozenVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FrozenVX

A vampire has many benefits, they are more powerful, and more agile. If you're an evil character, there is nothing better. I still prefer not to be a vampire, because I like being outside in the day time, without having to feed.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6  Edited By Termite

Yeah the vampire element added a lot to the game for me, I enjoyed it

Tanuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tanuki

I don't see how it "Detracts" from the game.  It's very simple to avoid by just using a cure disease potion before you turn.  And it adds cool new benefits (more powerful - but sunlight kills you).  However, I for one hate being a vampire.  It's just not for me ;)  The quest to cure yourself is a pain in the ass, I'll admit.  But I guess it's punishment for letting yourself turn.  But it certainly ADDs to the game, there's no way it detracts.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I havent played Oblivion in almost a year because my character became a vampire.

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By zeus_gb

The vampire element was fun for a while but I choose not to stay as one.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By BiggerBomb

I don't think it detracts from the game, in fact I think it adds to it. I wouldn't say it is as fun as being a were-wolf in Bloodmoon, but it isn't nearly as terrible as vampirism was in Morrowind. In Oblivion you can live among the "mortals" and not be shunned by every single person outside of your clan. I think it is a fun element, though it definitely could use some improvement.

For the next Elder Scrolls game (I assume this one will be in Summerset Isle) I would love if they made more elaborate vampire clans than in Morrowind; however, still allowed you to function in the gameworld. I'd also love to see were-creatures, perhaps that were-shark M'aiq the Liar spoke of in Morrowind. That would badass.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By tds418

It was fun and certainly added a different element to the game, though I did eventually change back.

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Homer

Vampirism really annoyed me. I just started a new profile.

Rapture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rapture

stupid and useless, forces you to do this stupid quest that wasn't fun at all

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Claude

I was horrified when I awoke from my slubber to find I had vampirism. It made my story more dramatic, as I was trying to be a heroic character and when I completed (cured) it, I bid it farewell. I made another character and became a Vampire, that was fun.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HandsomeDead

It was awkward at first, but when you get used to feeding etc, it makes the game more fun, particularly if you made a character who's agile and benefits from the vampire stuff. Also, when you go into caves on quests, you can switch on the vampire vision to see instead of having to take a torch or something.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Demyx
    I thought the quest was fine. I didn't really like being a vampire though.
    Charleslegrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Charleslegrand
    Corsaer said:
    "The quest was a complete pain in the ass for me.
    First, I was riding the Unicorn to her hut.  The witch was outside, and after riding my mount off the cliff right before her hut, I was so relieved that he still was (barely) alive, she attacks and kills my Unicorn.  In the brief fight I tried casting a few spells on her to make her quit, which only produced the result of her attacking me next.  What should have just been an annoying quest turned in to a pain in the ass one because each time I wanted to talk to her she would attack me on sight and I would have to yield, and within the next few seconds if I didn't initiate dialog, she would renew her attack.
    So yeah.  Then after the quest's completion I learned all I had to do was use one of the items in the Vile Lair to cure my Vampirism.
    "
    Wo wo....witch?  Unicorn?  What quest was that?!?  How did I miss this?  *Sigh*
    abombb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18  Edited By abombb

The quest took me three hours to complete.  I hated that the women I had to talk to was angry that you were in her house, so it made completing the quest difficult.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Becoming a Vampire was one of the first things I did in my playthrough of Oblivion.  Feeding is rather tedious, but as long as you don't sleep and/or rest (which, understandably, could put a serious wrench in objectives where a certain window of time is needed to speak with a person), you can still traverse daylight for as long as you need, provided you don't level up in the process. 

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Demyx
    Charleslegrand said:
    "Corsaer said:
    "The quest was a complete pain in the ass for me.
    "
    Wo wo....witch?  Unicorn?  What quest was that?!?  How did I miss this?  *Sigh*"
    Melisande is a witch. You talk to her to make the cure
    The unicorn is found somewhere. It is connected to a quest given by a Daedric God.
    Scieran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Scieran

I actually enjoyed it. The only annoying thing is the fact that time goes by so quickly.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Drebin_893

And thankyou, good sir, for reminding me I made this topic   :)

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By c1337us
    Drebin_893 said:
    And thankyou, good sir, for reminding me I made this topic :)
    lol. Oh well since were all here I will say I liked the addition of Vampirism to add another element to the game. But on any play through I always quickly cured it. I never liked being a vampire much in this game.
    Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Carlos1408

Yea I really enjoyed being a vampire in Oblivion, I did it really early in my first playthrough, so I got used to it, it was fine...the quest to get rid of it really sucked, which i did later on in my game...I think I regret it though, I liked being a vampire, an outcast, gave a completely different feel to the game.
    It's just a matter of getting used to it.

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By EvilDingo

question:

Can it simply be cured by a "cure disease"-potion?
    In that case I should stop selling of those potions all the time in my current game :-)

... and if that IS the case - It seems doesn't seem to much of a problem for the game.

I've earlier read some faqs and from what I read - becoming a Vampire is differently something I wouldn't want to let happen... So if carrying some "cure disease"-potions can help me avoid it entirely, I think I'm good.
    Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Drebin_893

I've played 800 Hours of Oblivion, and I always keep one "Cure Disease" potion on me regardless, I'm afraid I don't know if it cures Vampirism. I think it cures the disease that causes Vampirism though, so if you spot it early you should be fine.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By Chummy8

i actually loved it.  I used to go out on a regular basis to feed.  Break into people's houses and suck them off..

wait...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.