What do you think is the hardest quest in the game?

#1 Posted by casualterror (122 posts) -

In my opinion is the on dark brotherhood quest where you have to sneak through the sewers back to your old prison cell and kill the dark elf across the way. It's hard by the fact that it's impossible to get through without alerting the guards. Does anyone else have that problem with that quest?

#2 Posted by toxicEnchiliada (330 posts) -

The hardest quest in this game is obvious......."The Cure for Vampirism"

#3 Posted by toxicEnchiliada (330 posts) -

The cure for Vampirism hardest becasue you can't travel during daylight and that quest you can kill the guards but the reward will be less

#4 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

The one quest during the quest for the fighter guild the goblin cave one where you have to give the 3 dudes their weapons but its only hard when your a very high level those dudes will rush forward and die very very very very very very very quickly if your too high a lvl.

#5 Posted by Dr_Feelgood38 (1550 posts) -
casualterror said:
"In my opinion is the on dark brotherhood quest where you have to sneak through the sewers back to your old prison cell and kill the dark elf across the way. It's hard by the fact that it's impossible to get through without alerting the guards. Does anyone else have that problem with that quest?"
I had it easy I guess, invisibility spells and such.
Hmm, does the Shivering Isles expansion count? Because if so, then the part where you have to keep using the feldew in the cave was the hardest for me. I got lost like 10 times. Quite frustrating.
#6 Posted by tds418 (190 posts) -
Dr_Feelgood38 said:
"casualterror said:
"In my opinion is the on dark brotherhood quest where you have to sneak through the sewers back to your old prison cell and kill the dark elf across the way. It's hard by the fact that it's impossible to get through without alerting the guards. Does anyone else have that problem with that quest?"
I had it easy I guess, invisibility spells and such.
Hmm, does the Shivering Isles expansion count? Because if so, then the part where you have to keep using the feldew in the cave was the hardest for me. I got lost like 10 times. Quite frustrating."
I hated that feldew quest <_<
But yeah I also agree, that DB quest didn't give me too much trouble.
#7 Posted by zeus_gb (595 posts) -
casualterror said:
That quest was very annoying especially if you don't have good sneak, just like my Mage Crusader didn't at the time.
#8 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

The hardest quest is none of them unless you create a custom character with major skills of speechcraft mercantile, hand to hand, and a bunch of other nonsense non combat or magic based skills.

#9 Posted by EshLad (4 posts) -

i found the hardest one was the mages guild quest where the bruma's mage guild gets taken over, i died countless times for some reason, al the wraiths

#10 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

Oblivion? Hard? What?

#11 Posted by SSbabel (1141 posts) -

Cant remeber what the name of the quest was but its the one where u hava to steal one of the Darkon volumes, well i think thats the name.

#12 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

if you turn the difficulty bar up i think you'll find the level where all those oblivion gates pop up in the imperial city the hardest. the coolest level ever was battle for bruma

#13 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

The last one for the Fighter's Guild where you have to go and smash that machine absolutely ruined my game because I did it and when I came back, I was told i'd been thrown out of the Guild for killing a guild member even though I have no recollection of killing anyone in the guild while there.

#14 Posted by The_Elder_Scroll (23 posts) -

I am the walrus! Coo coo cha coo

#15 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -
The_Elder_Scroll said:
"I am the walrus! Coo coo cha coo"
Ladies and Gentlemen, the result of constant failure of the Dark Brotherhood quests.
#16 Edited by The_Elder_Scroll (23 posts) -

Why thank you. Shawn said:

"The_Elder_Scroll said:
"I am the walrus! Coo coo cha coo"
Ladies and Gentlemen, the result of constant failure of the Dark Brotherhood quests."
Then why am i the Listener?
#17 Posted by Bass (692 posts) -

im not that far into the game, but I foung that quest easy. Not because im amazing at sneaking, but because i just jumped over all the guards heads and killed the dude and ran away. It's not too hard.

#18 Posted by Shasam (468 posts) -

None of them? I don't know...I just go all invisible, sneak and attack from behind with a big-ass sword. I don't think I had any problems with any quests.

#19 Posted by HistoryInRust (6275 posts) -
casualterror said:
This mission is definitely contingent on your sneak rating.  I had amped my character's sneaking up long before even starting guild work, so I flew through this mission.

I would also agree that, difficulty bar maxed, the final battle at the Imperial City is likely the most difficult.  I felt like the enemies bypassed all of the NPC's just to rush my ass. 

Also, I'm playing through Shivering Isles at the moment, and I feel that has some pretty stiff challenge to it.
#20 Posted by banned8921 (1246 posts) -

Cure for vampirism and the one where you had to close the oblivion gate in like 3 mins.

#21 Posted by Thunder (390 posts) -

There was one quest in each guild that was really hard in my opinion. The one in the mages guild that had all those skeletons you had to fight and the house was on fire and the one in the fighters guild where you had to kill those 3 guys in the cave

#22 Posted by Lemegeton (780 posts) -

trying to do some of the Dark Brotherhood quests without being seen is hella hard.

#23 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

Any guild quests when your character is above level 35

#24 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I didn't find any quest in the game hard, but that could be because it's easy to exploit the system. Know your summons and know invisibility...makes everything a breeze.

#25 Posted by CleverLoginName (678 posts) -

100% Chameleon solves everything.

#26 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -
toxicEnchiliada said:
"The hardest quest in this game is obvious......."The Cure for Vampirism""
this. i spent several hours on that one and got such a small reward.
#27 Posted by LuckyWanderDude (929 posts) -
casualterror said:
I loved that quest!
#28 Posted by JQuizzle (47 posts) -

Ya thats one of the harder quests i remember too... also some of the oblivion gates were hard but fun.... man i mis that game but my my guy was deleted some how ;.(

#29 Posted by Jimeee (20 posts) -

The hardest fight by far was against my dark clone in Shivering Isles - he was tough as hell and was using all my summon demora spells against me! I was about Lv 28 warrior when I did this quest so you can imagine how many HP he had.

#30 Posted by xpxTomxqx (138 posts) -

Definitely Cure for Vampirism, it took far too long!

#31 Posted by HODGEY3000 (344 posts) -

the vampire cure was a bitch
#32 Posted by XenoNick (1390 posts) -

Stealing the Elder Scroll for the teives guild was hard for me. Didn't have anything to cause invisibilty. Was constantly saving whenever i passed a guard without being seen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.